Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sabbath Linked Scriptures

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Greetings again Gary K,
You are focusing on one section of her writings.
Yes, and this may be typical of a number of areas where E.G. White spoke and wrote on a wide range of topics. Either she was a prophetess and her writings inspired as some SDAs believe or demand, or she was a well gifted expositor of many topics, but she got some things wrong. I suggest that her extensive portion on the Sabbath Question and the Last Days in her Book The Great Controversy is not only wide of the mark, but absolutely wrong, especially as viewed in the present modern context. The very fact that the local SDAs used her concepts to extensively publicise this concept, shows how locked in is the SDAs view that EG White was a true prophetess.
Herr overall message is to trust God completely and that when we do He gives us not only the desire, but also the ability to obey His law.
Perhaps we differ partially here, as the SDA emphasis is on the Law, and they have in mind strongly the Mosaic Law, the Ten Commandments, and especially the Sabbath Law. My espousal of the New Covenant which replaces the thinking of the Old Covenant, leads to faith and obedience based upon the life of Christ, and the whole sequence of Romans 7 and 8 summarises this. The following is also a good summary of the New Covenant thinking and way of life:
Galatians 2:20 (KJV): I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 5:22–24 (KJV): 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
In my experience it is Sunday keepers who focus on legalism, not genuine Sabbath keepers.
Here is where you fail, by classifying two groups, Sunday keepers and Sabbath keepers. The Gentiles are not under the Law of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is replaced by the rest that we find in Christ, the True Sabbath Matthew 11:25-30, Hebrews chapters 3 and 4.
I freely admit the Adventist church has been legalistic for a long time it rejected the above concept in 1888. In doing so it rejected Ellen Whites writing as a whole for the concept is found throughout her writings. It also rejected the work of the HS in the human heart at the same time. However we have had ministers teaching this since the late 1970s and currently have many ministers teaching this.
This gives an insight into the various strands of differences within the present SDA Church. I understand that there are a few different groups at Cooranbong, under different Pastors.

I was sorting through some material and located another of my SDA reference books, which I will now place in my SDA Box. I also found some of the correspondence that came with the book The Great Controversy and also added this to the SDA Box. The reference book is: "The Prophecies of Daniel and the Revelation" by Uriah Smith 1944. I am not sure if this is present SDA teaching on all aspects.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

Yes, and this may be typical of a number of areas where E.G. White spoke and wrote on a wide range of topics. Either she was a prophetess and her writings inspired as some SDAs believe or demand, or she was a well gifted expositor of many topics, but she got some things wrong. I suggest that her extensive portion on the Sabbath Question and the Last Days in her Book The Great Controversy is not only wide of the mark, but absolutely wrong, especially as viewed in the present modern context. The very fact that the local SDAs used her concepts to extensively publicise this concept, shows how locked in is the SDAs view that EG White was a true prophetess.

Perhaps we differ partially here, as the SDA emphasis is on the Law, and they have in mind strongly the Mosaic Law, the Ten Commandments, and especially the Sabbath Law. My espousal of the New Covenant which replaces the thinking of the Old Covenant, leads to faith and obedience based upon the life of Christ, and the whole sequence of Romans 7 and 8 summarises this. The following is also a good summary of the New Covenant thinking and way of life:
Galatians 2:20 (KJV): I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 5:22–24 (KJV): 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Here is where you fail, by classifying two groups, Sunday keepers and Sabbath keepers. The Gentiles are not under the Law of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is replaced by the rest that we find in Christ, the True Sabbath Matthew 11:25-30, Hebrews chapters 3 and 4.

This gives an insight into the various strands of differences within the present SDA Church. I understand that there are a few different groups at Cooranbong, under different Pastors.

I was sorting through some material and located another of my SDA reference books, which I will now place in my SDA Box. I also found some of the correspondence that came with the book The Great Controversy and also added this to the SDA Box. The reference book is: "The Prophecies of Daniel and the Revelation" by Uriah Smith 1944. I am not sure if this is present SDA teaching on all aspects.

Kind regards
Trevor
So you reject the direct evidence from creation that demonstrates that God built a seven day cycle into us which has the highest enzyme activity on the seventh day of the week. In other words you cling to your beliefs no matter what the evidence against them. BTW, Sabbath isn't an Adventist teaching. It's a Biblical teaching which most people reject. It;s always been that way. People have always rejected God. Only 8 people survived the flood and they had the evidence of Adam and Enoch as well as the garden of Eden before the flood.

Greetings again Gary K,
So you reject the direct evidence from creation that demonstrates that God built a seven day cycle into us which has the highest enzyme activity on the seventh day of the week. In other words you cling to your beliefs no matter what the evidence against them. BTW, Sabbath isn't an Adventist teaching. It's a Biblical teaching which most people reject. It;s always been that way. People have always rejected God. Only 8 people survived the flood and they had the evidence of Adam and Enoch as well as the garden of Eden before the flood.
Again you are bringing in your "Science" to prove the Sabbath, but not simply the need for the body to rest after a period of labour, and possibly six days. It is the same as saying that we do better having a full day of activity and a good rest at night. Actually six days of manual labour and then one day of rest is better health wise than sitting at a computer in an office all day, and then going to the gym to get enough physical exercise, and then trying to sleep with all the false media and other mental rubbish that is dished up these days, and bad food that is frozen and thawed or bought at a take away shop with plenty of grease. The whole way of life needs to be balanced and God and Christ centred and then we will find true rest even when times are very difficult Psalm 3.

I am not sure that SDA's are shining examples of the way of life in Christ. I enjoy my immediate fellowship and have great respect for many in the larger fellowship. You claim that myself and those that I associate with have rejected God. I consider that Jesus is and will be the Judge, and I stand at his tribunal, not yours. Your litmus test is whether or not someone has some form of worship on the Sabbath even if they do not obey the stringent requirements of the Sabbath under the Law. My tentative estimate is whether or not someone lives the "Christ life", and even then our estimation may be imperfect, and many held in high reputation have had spectacular falls when they slip in doctrine or practice.

1 Corinthians 4:2–5 (KJV): 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

Again you are bringing in your "Science" to prove the Sabbath, but not simply the need for the body to rest after a period of labour, and possibly six days. It is the same as saying that we do better having a full day of activity and a good rest at night. Actually six days of manual labour and then one day of rest is better health wise than sitting at a computer in an office all day, and then going to the gym to get enough physical exercise, and then trying to sleep with all the false media and other mental rubbish that is dished up these days, and bad food that is frozen and thawed or bought at a take away shop with plenty of grease. The whole way of life needs to be balanced and God and Christ centred and then we will find true rest even when times are very difficult Psalm 3.

I am not sure that SDA's are shining examples of the way of life in Christ. I enjoy my immediate fellowship and have great respect for many in the larger fellowship. You claim that myself and those that I associate with have rejected God. I consider that Jesus is and will be the Judge, and I stand at his tribunal, not yours. Your litmus test is whether or not someone has some form of worship on the Sabbath even if they do not obey the stringent requirements of the Sabbath under the Law. My tentative estimate is whether or not someone lives the "Christ life", and even then our estimation may be imperfect, and many held in high reputation have had spectacular falls when they slip in doctrine or practice.

1 Corinthians 4:2–5 (KJV): 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Kind regards
Trevor
Who created us?

Greetings again Gary K,
Who created us?
The One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the Creator.

I like the New Creation Psalm, Psalm 8, and this Psalm includes the birth and ultimate exaltation of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Psalm 8: A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben

I have altered the KJV Title and Sub-Title in accordance with J.W. Thirtle's exposition on this subject.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

I like the New Creation Psalm, Psalm 8, and this Psalm includes the birth and ultimate exaltation of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Psalm 8: A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben

I have altered the KJV Title and Sub-Title in accordance with J.W. Thirtle's exposition on this subject.

Kind regards
Trevor
Ok. God created us. He also created a pineal gland in all mammals. You now what the HIOMT enzyme creates in the pineal gland? Melatonin. It improves physical rest in all mammals. And it's peak production is on the Sabbath.

Seems to me you ought to do a little research when God creates something in us that peaks on Sabbath instead of just getting stubborn and rejecting it before you know what the function is.

Greetings again Gary K,
Melatonin. It improves physical rest in all mammals. And it's peak production is on the Sabbath
Is this a SDA perspective or a scientific observation that this weekly cycle occurs exactly from 6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday? Gentiles are not under the Sabbath Law. Many Gentiles in the Roman world were slaves and they did not get one day off a week. You seem to be very precise on your science but very poor on your Scripture. Christ is our True Rest Matthew 11:25-30, Hebrews chapters 3 and 4.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,
Melatonin. It improves physical rest in all mammals. And it's peak production is on the Sabbath.
Seeing you are an expert on this subject, maybe you could give some more information. You say it improves physical rest and peaks on the Sabbath. Is this rest evidenced during the day, or at night. Does it make us more relaxed, or almost active slumber in the middle of the day. Does it turn a physical active labouring man on the normal six days, to an alert studious attentive person on the seventh day?
Seems to me you ought to do a little research when God creates something in us that peaks on Sabbath instead of just getting stubborn and rejecting it before you know what the function is.
I did not reject what you are saying about a cycle of seven days, but I was doubting that this is proof that the believing Gentiles are under the Law of the Sabbath.

I never did go down the path of Chemistry or Organic Chemistry even though I passed first year of Chemistry at University. I was fairly interested and competent with Physics and Mathematics. When doing Ordinary Differential Equations at University, one of my fellow students said to me that our Lecturer did not seem to know what he was talking about. He recommended a Teach Yourself Book on the subject. There were two parallel classes, the majority of the other class passed, and my mate and myself were the only ones who passed in our class, and I got a good mark as well. Perhaps you have studied this God given subject.

On the Physics side I did a bit of nuclear physics, learnt about the various layers of electrons. Found out how they dope a silicon wafer to produce transistors. I wondered why the two different electrons on Sodium give off a sightly different wave length. I was involved in installing Sodium lights in a Turbine House in a Power Station. The old Charge Engineer preferred Mercury, but the available lamps were not intense enough. As a result with the new installation you traveled from the Old Station with a blue lamp, to the new station with the orange/yellow lamp, but the Sodium lamps were more than suitable for the size of the larger Turbine Hall and the colour of the new turbine/generators and the feel in general of the whole Turbine House which was much cleaner and newer. The Local Council has installed a new breed of Sodium lamps in our street, and this covers a much larger area. Perhaps you could explain the difference between wave lengths of the two Sodium electrons. Perhaps we each have some specialty, but few of us have studied the many God-given things in life to be an expert in every field.

But what I found in my 40 years in much the same sort of job, that a lot of this study was not often applied, but it was the daily routine of constant and slightly varied work and a sincere application of getting the job done and doing it well that was beneficial to both your own satisfaction and the satisfaction to those you worked for.

I hope you enjoy some further studies on Melatonin. My Chemistry and Organic Chemistry books are on the shelf. My only real reference to them in 40 years has been to look up the Periodic Table.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

Is this a SDA perspective or a scientific observation that this weekly cycle occurs exactly from 6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday? Gentiles are not under the Sabbath Law. Many Gentiles in the Roman world were slaves and they did not get one day off a week. You seem to be very precise on your science but very poor on your Scripture. Christ is our True Rest Matthew 11:25-30, Hebrews chapters 3 and 4.

Kind regards
Trevor
Look up the studies and research it for yourself. You're not going to believe a word I say just because I'm an Adventist. I've already quoted a couple of studies to you. and you reject them without even having read them.

Greetings again Gary K,

Seeing you are an expert on this subject, maybe you could give some more information. You say it improves physical rest and peaks on the Sabbath. Is this rest evidenced during the day, or at night. Does it make us more relaxed, or almost active slumber in the middle of the day. Does it turn a physical active labouring man on the normal six days, to an alert studious attentive person on the seventh day?

I did not reject what you are saying about a cycle of seven days, but I was doubting that this is proof that the believing Gentiles are under the Law of the Sabbath.

I never did go down the path of Chemistry or Organic Chemistry even though I passed first year of Chemistry at University. I was fairly interested and competent with Physics and Mathematics. When doing Ordinary Differential Equations at University, one of my fellow students said to me that our Lecturer did not seem to know what he was talking about. He recommended a Teach Yourself Book on the subject. There were two parallel classes, the majority of the other class passed, and my mate and myself were the only ones who passed in our class, and I got a good mark as well. Perhaps you have studied this God given subject.

On the Physics side I did a bit of nuclear physics, learnt about the various layers of electrons. Found out how they dope a silicon wafer to produce transistors. I wondered why the two different electrons on Sodium give off a sightly different wave length. I was involved in installing Sodium lights in a Turbine House in a Power Station. The old Charge Engineer preferred Mercury, but the available lamps were not intense enough. As a result with the new installation you traveled from the Old Station with a blue lamp, to the new station with the orange/yellow lamp, but the Sodium lamps were more than suitable for the size of the larger Turbine Hall and the colour of the new turbine/generators and the feel in general of the whole Turbine House which was much cleaner and newer. The Local Council has installed a new breed of Sodium lamps in our street, and this covers a much larger area. Perhaps you could explain the difference between wave lengths of the two Sodium electrons. Perhaps we each have some specialty, but few of us have studied the many God-given things in life to be an expert in every field.

But what I found in my 40 years in much the same sort of job, that a lot of this study was not often applied, but it was the daily routine of constant and slightly varied work and a sincere application of getting the job done and doing it well that was beneficial to both your own satisfaction and the satisfaction to those you worked for.

I hope you enjoy some further studies on Melatonin. My Chemistry and Organic Chemistry books are on the shelf. My only real reference to them in 40 years has been to look up the Periodic Table.

Kind regards
Trevor
Melatonin is well known in the scientific world. Once again, you will not believe anything I tell you so research it for yourself. I've known about melatonin for decades.

Greetings again Gary K,
Look up the studies and research it for yourself. You're not going to believe a word I say just because I'm an Adventist. I've already quoted a couple of studies to you. and you reject them without even having read them.
Melatonin is well known in the scientific world. Once again, you will not believe anything I tell you so research it for yourself. I've known about melatonin for decades.
You seem to be obsessed with Melatonin. Almost as bad as EG White's assessment of the Last Days in her Book, "The Great Controversy" where she predicted the proclamation of a Sunday Sabbath Law and as a result the SDAs would be persecuted but then Christ will intervene and pluck all the SDAs off to heaven and burn all the earth including all those wicked Sunday Sabbath keepers who thus disobey the 10 Commandments.

Kind regard
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

You seem to be obsessed with Melatonin. Almost as bad as EG White's assessment of the Last Days in her Book, "The Great Controversy" where she predicted the proclamation of a Sunday Sabbath Law and as a result the SDAs would be persecuted but then Christ will intervene and pluck all the SDAs off to heaven and burn all the earth including all those wicked Sunday Sabbath keepers who thus disobey the 10 Commandments.

Kind regard
Trevor
I don't know if you joined TOL before or after Barbarian was banned, but he's a theistic evolutionist who now posts on christianforums.com. He also rejects this subject so you're aligned with an evolutionist.

Very cool my friend :study . Some of my friends are engineers . Me , I used to replace the burned out transistors and IC's :biggrin2.

Greetings hawkman,
Very cool my friend :study . Some of my friends are engineers . Me , I used to replace the burned out transistors and IC's :biggrin2.
I had what I considered an interesting career, starting as a Trainee Draftsman, and gradually progressing, but I had no trade background. I was involved in the Electricity Transmission Substations at a time of expansion of the 132kV Grid to rural NSW, and was fascinated by the Single Wire Earth Return supplies to remote farms and the special Star-Interstar Transformers for this within the Substation I was involved with. I then moved to Power Station Design, then a few years operating on 8x3 shift work in a Power Station, not good for social reasons and personal mental and physical health, and then as the Electrical Draftsman in the Power Station which I had previously been involved with in the Design Department.

I progressed from pencil drawing, to ink, McDonnell Douglas GDS CAD system, then finally AutoCAD, and then most Contractor drawings started to come in as AutoCAD. I really enjoyed some of the drawings, for example, a complete redraw of the Turbine Tripping drawings into one overall Drawing, and other similar drawings. The original Toshiba Turbine Tripping drawings were in pencil, and there many of them to complete the story, and other drawings interfaced with them. Depending on what caused the trip, the system would shut down safely and if possible progressively. A real electrical fault required an instantaneous shutdown of boiler, steam and other components.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,
I don't know if you joined TOL before or after Barbarian was banned, but he's a theistic evolutionist who now posts on christianforums.com. He also rejects this subject so you're aligned with an evolutionist.
I find this post rather disturbing that you would resort to guilt by association. I have already stated that I believe that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the Creator.
Who created us?
Ok. God created us.
Why are you now reverting to this false accusation by association. Is it to deflect attention from what I said about EG White's false prophecies about a Universal Sunday Sabbath Law being introduced and the SDAs being saved to heaven while all the Sunday keepers will be burnt alive? Or my comments on your obsession with Melatonin (I had to check the spelling again as it is not very important and not much in my memory). You should be able to do better than this.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

I find this post rather disturbing that you would resort to guilt by association. I have already stated that I believe that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the Creator.

Why are you now reverting to this false accusation by association. Is it to deflect attention from what I said about EG White's false prophecies about a Universal Sunday Sabbath Law being introduced and the SDAs being saved to heaven while all the Sunday keepers will be burnt alive? Or my comments on your obsession with Melatonin (I had to check the spelling again as it is not very important and not much in my memory). You should be able to do better than this.

Kind regards
Trevor
I am stooping to guilt by association? I can't help it if you have aligned yourself with an evolutionist. That's your issue not mine.

Greetings again Gary K,
I am stooping to guilt by association?
Yes. And it is you that is advertising an evolutionist. I reject evolution as I believe that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the Creator.
Psalm 8: (KJV): A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

Yes. And it is you that is advertising an evolutionist. I reject evolution as I believe that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the Creator.
Psalm 8: (KJV): A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! To the chief Musician upon Muthlabben.

Kind regards
Trevor
And it is you that reject scientific evidence from creation for the Sabbath.

I see no need to keep this conversation going. So long.

Back