Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sabbath Linked Scriptures

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Greetings again Gary K,
I see no need to keep this conversation going. So long.
Yes, time to move on, too much repetition and you still seem locked into your obsession.

I have been interested in how modern SDAs adapt the strange teaching and sequence of events of EG White, and yet are still locked into the concept that she predicted, that the End Times will see the introduction of a Sunday Sabbath Law. I am a member of a Facebook Group, and there are two participants that regularly advertise the impending Sunday Sabbath Law, and one of them illustrates this with various strange almost offensive cartoons. There is at least one other member who also endorses most of the various Posts. If you do an Internet search, one extensive article I encountered was "Sunday Laws are Coming". So the information that I received over 20 years ago is still current SDA teaching.

Various ones guess what will cause the introduction of the Sunday Sabbath Law. Some say the Papacy for religious reasons, and another the Papacy due to Global Warming, another claims if elected, Donald Trump will introduce this Law, but he may give the indulgences to those who love golf, and they will be able to play on his golf courses on a Sunday.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Gary K,

Yes, time to move on, too much repetition and you still seem locked into your obsession.

I have been interested in how modern SDAs adapt the strange teaching and sequence of events of EG White, and yet are still locked into the concept that she predicted, that the End Times will see the introduction of a Sunday Sabbath Law. I am a member of a Facebook Group, and there are two participants that regularly advertise the impending Sunday Sabbath Law, and one of them illustrates this with various strange almost offensive cartoons. There is at least one other member who also endorses most of the various Posts. If you do an Internet search, one extensive article I encountered was "Sunday Laws are Coming". So the information that I received over 20 years ago is still current SDA teaching.

Various ones guess what will cause the introduction of the Sunday Sabbath Law. Some say the Papacy for religious reasons, and another the Papacy due to Global Warming, another claims if elected, Donald Trump will introduce this Law, but he may give the indulgences to those who love golf, and they will be able to play on his golf courses on a Sunday.

Kind regards
Trevor
Time will tell.

Ok, since you believe the Church should observe the Sabbath the way the children of Israel did under the law of Moses, then could you please explain how we do that today?

Under the law of Moses, those who even pick up sticks to kindle a fire to cook, were put to death.

Surely you don’t believe we are to be subject to such things.

JLB

Ok, since you believe the Church should observe the Sabbath the way the children of Israel did under the law of Moses, then could you please explain how we do that today?

Under the law of Moses, those who even pick up sticks to kindle a fire to cook, were put to death.

Surely you don’t believe we are to be subject to such things.

JLB
JLB, I have tried to explain how we understand the Sabbath, and by doing what He says, but that we had to come to obeying His teachings.

Love, Walter

JLB, I have tried to explain how we understand the Sabbath, and by doing what He says, but that we had to come to obeying His teachings.

Love, Walter

He nor Paul never taught it was necessary to keep the Sabbath like the children of Israel were commanded to do under Moses.

The weekly Sabbath points to the rest to come.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

He nor Paul never taught it was necessary to keep the Sabbath like the children of Israel were commanded to do under Moses.

The weekly Sabbath points to the rest to come.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17
Sir, Please show where in the scriptures it teaches what you are saying, we are not judging anyone.

Last edited:
Back