Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sanctification

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jabhat

Guys, let's discuss what is what is sanctification in Christianity.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

— Revelation 21:4

I have a tear bottle now. But it isn't on earth; it's in heaven. And I'm not the one who has to collect my own tears because God has already said He would do that.

So why does God "keep our tears in a bottle" so to speak? This ia a metaphor of course. Because He sees and cares about every one of them. He takes note of our every tear. He hears our every sigh. And the Bible says that a day is coming when God will wipe away all of the tears from all of our years.

Beloved, NEVER avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” (Romans 12:19)

Vitaly Kaloyev is an architect and deputy minister of housing from Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia, Russia. His family died aboard Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2937, which collided with DHL Flight 611 over Überlingen, Germany on 1 July 2002. Peter Nielsen, an air traffic controller handling traffic when the collision occurred, was freed from any responsibility in the following inquest and he retired from further air traffic work afterwards. However, Kaloyev held Nielsen responsible, and in 2004 he traveled to the Swiss town of Kloten and stabbed him to death.

Kaloyev, an architect working in Barcelona since 2002, expected to meet his wife, Svetlana Kaloyeva, and two children, 10-year old Konstantin Kaloyev and 4-year-old Diana Kaloyeva. The family of Kaloyev died on Flight 2937.

Kaloyev participated in the search for the bodies and located a broken pearl necklace owned by his daughter, Diana. He also found her body, which was intact, trees having broken her fall. Her mother and brother fell 36,000 feet; Svetlana's body landed in a corn field, and Konstantin's body hit asphalt in front of an Überlingen bus shelter.

Returning to his home in North Ossetian city of Vladikavkaz, Kaloyev spent the first year after the accident lingering at the graves of his family and building a shrine to them in his home.

Instead of vengeance, Christians are called to offer both sides of the jaw, to forgive 70-times-7 times, to repay no evil with evil, to avenge NOTHING!!! We are free to live with forbearing gentleness because, as Paul mentions, God is the Avenger!

"O Lord, God of vengeance, O God of vengeance, shine forth!" sang the Psalmist (Psalm 94:1).

This is not the Hulk-like rage of retaliation. God's shining vengeance is his level-headed, righteous response to sin. It is his holy sanity. It is a revelation of himself that Christians are called to worship.

And while the local Avengers who legally work for government are called on to restrain evil forces, they are a faint echo of the One who has, and will again, break the evil, and break it forever. He is the God of Israel.

God’s vengeance reminds us that none of us escape the power of sin and its just consequences.

God's law says that punishment for sin is DEATH.

The Avenger will "inflict vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus" (2 Thessalonians 1:8).

God’s Final Judgment when the SON of God returns and Glory

3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other, 4 so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure, 5 which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted WORTHY of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer; 6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven (the SECOND COMING of JESUS) with His mighty angels (FIGHTERS), 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do NOT obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

11 Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, 12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 1

Leviticus 19:18

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 32:35

It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

1 Samuel 26:10

As surely as the LORD lives," he said, "the LORD himself will strike him, or his time will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish.

Psalm 94:1

The LORD is a God who avenges. O God who avenges, shine forth.

Proverbs 20:22

Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will avenge you.

Proverbs 24:29

Do not say, "I'll do to them as they have done to me; I'll pay them back for what they did."

Jeremiah 51:36

Therefore this is what the LORD says: "See, I will defend your cause and avenge you; I will dry up her sea and make her springs dry.

Romans 12:17

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.

Why?

3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification:

(1) that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

(2) that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.

For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.

Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, **but God**, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 4

Yes. This law means what we shall NOT covet and we shall not commit adultery.

The Son of God confirms this law of God said in the Holy Torah:

38"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' 39"But I say to you, do NOT RESIST an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.

That judgement is coming. Soon. By faith we see the coming righteous vengeance of God in Israel when He RETURNS and on our planet and we flee to the JUDGE- the Son of God- to find in Christ salvation and the place where the vengeance of God’s holy wrath has been poured out so that we could escape His Judgement.

I'll go you one better.

If we do not forgive the debts of others, we will be given to the tormentors.

The Father forgave us, we have no right not to forgive others.

Right, brother.
What is sanctification?
It is becoming holy, but we cannot make ourselves holy, we will all come in rags to The Kingdom.

We can do things that are holy by keeping Yeshua's commandments.

And now how many commandments did he give?

It is becoming holy, but we cannot make ourselves holy, we will all come in rags to The Kingdom.

We can do things that are holy by keeping Yeshua's commandments.

And now how many commandments did he give?

Brother, Read the COMMAND of God in the NT and OT saying: be HOLY for I am HOLY.

This is NOT an advice for Christians..NO. This is a COMMAND of the God of Israel.

Brother, Read the COMMAND of God in the NT and OT saying: be HOLY for I am HOLY.

This is NOT an advice for Christians..NO. This is a COMMAND of the God of Israel.

Yet Yeshua, said we cannot be Holy because we will come in filthy rags to him.

This was after Peter had asked him to wash more than his feet.

I'll stick to what Yeshua said about the situation as he is My King. I obey The King.

If He said in the Holy Bible to be HOLY then I thnink He was not kidding...yes?
Give me the Bible references to what I said in the post No.7. To see the context...

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

in Christ....
washed = made clean
sanctified = made holy
justified = made righteous

1Co_7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

What is unique with Christianity over all other religions in the world is not only do we follow the One True God, but we are able to have a personal relationship with Him. In fact, that is the primary goal of a believer, without this relationship, we are only being religious and following a bunch of rules.

We do not follow laws because Jesus is a law unto Himself, we follow Him instead and by doing this we walk in the Spirit and have a personal relationship with Him. We talk with Him, walk with Him and His loving kindness causes us to want to do what He is doing, He causes us to want to follow His commandments.

The two greatest commandments are to love the Lord our God and to love our neighbor as ourselves and when we do these two, we do not break his other commandments.
To be Holy is to love and honor our God, to be righteous is to love our neighbor.

We are sanctified when we become a believer and we are being sanctified as we walk with Him.

Ok if you belong to the Son of God then His Spirit will teach you. I will not do it. Blessings bye.

I will pray for you that you understand Christianity is about having a personal relationship with Christ and not about being religious and following a bunch of rules.

Be blessed!

The Son of God tells Christians:

"Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy." "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done"
Revelation 22

The Son of God tells Christians:

"Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy." "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done"
Revelation 22

Our righteousness is from Jesus Christ and not of how people of certain religion live and we should follow them or learn from them.

Our righteousness is from Jesus Christ and not of how people of certain religion live and we should follow them or learn from them.

Nicely stated!

Christianity is unlike any other religion in the world, only Christ can bring a person into seeing what it's truly about. We live by the Spirit of the Law, not by the letter of the law.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back