Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sanctified Unto Justification

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

netchaplain

I believe born again includes sanctification unto justification (1 Cor 6:11). Many have the idea that sanctification is an ongoing process, but it involves a single act which never needs to be repeated. Same as salvation, which is eternal, or it isn’t salvation (Heb 5:9).

The believer is maturing or being conformed continually but it's not through sanctification, which has already taken place, "For both He that sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of one" (Heb 2:11).

Everything from Christ (sanctification, justification, righteousness, holiness, etc.) is fully supplied to the believer (2 Pet 1:3) and it's now a matter of the maturation from these things. They are all-inclusive in our salvation which now has become a matter of "working out your own salvation" (Phil 2:12); again, not to produce these things (already supplied) but to mature in them. The idea of "working out" has to do with figuring out, as in understanding by learning an equation which has been solved.

Once the believer has been "set apart" (sanctification), it becomes solely a matter of conformation (Rom 8:29) and transformation (Rom 12:2)--which are ongoing processes by the Spirit of God.
-NC

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe born again includes sanctification unto justification (1 Cor 6:11). Many have the idea that sanctification is an ongoing process, but it involves a single act which never needs to be repeated. Same as salvation, which is eternal, or it isn’t salvation (Heb 5:9).

The believer is maturing or being conformed continually but it's not through sanctification, which has already taken place, "For both He that sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of one" (Heb 2:11).

Everything from Christ (sanctification, justification, righteousness, holiness, etc.) is fully supplied to the believer (2 Pet 1:3) and it's now a matter of the maturation from these things. They are all-inclusive in our salvation which now has become a matter of "working out your own salvation" (Phil 2:12); again, not to produce these things (already supplied) but to mature in them. The idea of "working out" has to do with figuring out, as in understanding by learning an equation which has been solved.

Once the believer has been "set apart" (sanctification), it becomes solely a matter of conformation (Rom 8:29) and transformation (Rom 12:2)--which are ongoing processes by the Spirit of God.
-NC

Once again, a pleasure to read your teachings. The Position of the believer has been so suppressed by religion.

Most churches teach only on the condition of the believer.

Thank you, and I pray more here will stand and walk in their Position in Christ. Which is the one thing that will transform us, His Grace to creatures in this condition.

-NC

Once again, a pleasure to read your teachings. The Position of the believer has been so suppressed by religion.

Most churches teach only on the condition of the believer.

Thank you, and I pray more here will stand and walk in their Position in Christ. Which is the one thing that will transform us, His Grace to creatures in this condition.

Hi Gr8ce - Thanks for your reply and letting me know you find the material useful. I find living in forgiveness by the Spirit, in spite of our "old man," sufficiently causes us to be where the Father wants us in this life. To believe and desire more than this in this life (to be sinless) is not only unnecessary but it is to be distracted and traverse beyond what He has made and provided for us.

Our sin nature is not forgiven but we are forgiven in spite of our sin nature (1 John 1:8). Sin itself is not forgiven because what God condemns is not forgiven, or it wouldn't be condemned; "God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh" (Rom 8:3).

I agree with you. I would like to add that Christ works thrugh us for our justification.

Hi CT - Thanks for your comment. Not sure what you mean by "for justification" but I understand He works through us in and because of our justification, unless that's what you mean, because like holiness and sanctification, justification is a state of being which is already fully imputed to the believer. God's blessings to your Family!

It is GOD who justifies and sanctifies; but, I do not agree with you that one is sanctified just because one believes GOD (the Bible) or is "saved". For me, sanctification occurs when GOD decides one is holy, not just set apart. It is the mark of perfection that only GOD decides who bares it; but the faithful seek it.

It is GOD who justifies and sanctifies; but, I do not agree with you that one is sanctified just because one believes GOD (the Bible) or is "saved". For me, sanctification occurs when GOD decides one is holy, not just set apart. It is the mark of perfection that only GOD decides who bares it; but the faithful seek it.

Hi Enlightened - I believe if one isn't sanctified, he is not in Christ (Heb 2:11). Sanctification occurs at regeneration, along with "all things that pertain unto life and godliness" (2 Pet 1:3), e.g. holiness, righteousness, etc.

I believe many mistake Sanctification for Conformation. Sanctification is a single occurrence, but Conformation is ongoing and it is the Father who conforms the believer--who is already sanctified (Rom 8:29; Phil 2:13).

Back