Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Satan Is The Wrath Of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think we actually blame Satan for our own misgivings as we can not admit to ourselves that we at times walk outside of God's will for that is where we allow Satan to come in and play with our mind.
The Devil tempts us with the things to which we are most vulnerable.
He puts the idea/image in our minds and our "flesh" responds by desiring whatever the temptation is.
The battle is in our minds and we need to "take every thought captive;" to examine it to see if it is good or evil and then to act accordingly.
Our responsibility is to be vigilant so that we are not taken unaware.
Then our responsibility is to reject every temptation and to choose to do what is pleasing to God.

The devil suggests.
If we do as he suggests then we have sinned; it is on our heads.

iakov the fool

I was referring to the actual Hebrew Text. It just says the serpent that spoke to Eve was more cunning/crafty/subtle than any other creature God had made in Day 6 and does not actually say what kind of creature; “wild beast”, cattle or creeping thing. Most translations pick one of the kinds.

The Hebrew word for beast is:
wə·ḥay·ṯōw-
וְחַֽיְתוֹ־
beast

and doesn’t actually appear in Gen 3:1. It’s inserted into 3:1 by the KJV and others. Thus a good literal Bible will indicate as much by either italics or brackets.

I was only showing the comparison of different Bibles, nothing more, nothing less. I prefer the KJV and the Jerusalem Bible. Personally I do not care much for the newer translations, but to each their own choice.

Let's look at what Eve said in verse 3.

3 But about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God said, ‘You must not eat it or touch it, or you will die.’”

Now let's look at what God said in Chapter 2

17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Eve says that if one even touches it, you will die, yet God only said they would die if they ate it. In essence, she added to what God said. But isnt that just human nature and isnt that exactly what the religious elite do?

If we look back at the words of Jesus in John 8:44 , we see Jesus is making a statement about truth, and non truth. Neither a lie, truth, or adding to the simple truth is truth. When Eve said God said that if she touched it, she would die, that wasnt truth.

I understand what you are saying about Eve's statement, but that does make her statement untrue. For when the Glory of the Lord had descended upon Mt Sinai, it was death for any man, beast or bird to touch the mountain. (That was until they were called forth on the third day). Anyway, what it appears from what you have said here in context of the first lie, that would then make Eve the father of lies?

The lie from the serpent was in direct opposition from the word of the Lord. God YOU SHALL DIE, the serpent said you shall NOT die. It is a lie that continues to this very day. For when Adam ate from the tree (book) and his eyes were opened to sin, the knowledge he got from the tree (book) instructed him to take a covering for himself to cover his sins, but his shame caused him to hide from the face of the Lord.

What is the common belief that is promoted concerning the blood of Christ and sin, his death and resurrection? I could be wrong, but is it not taught that if you just believe in Jesus and his resurrection, then your sins will be covered by his blood, and you shall not die? Yet your eyes are still opened to sin!

The Lord hath closed my eyes to sins, that I might look upon my sin. The book of knowledge opened my eyes to sin, and the course to judge between good and evil. It made me as a god, as the Lord said it would, causing me to accuse others because of the knowledge I now possessed. It caused me to forget the Lord of my innocence, and its covering did not close my eyes to sin. But when the Lord called and I did answer, he closed my eyes to sins, that I might look upon my sin. Now, I walk according to Faith.

He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and beside Him there is no other.

Last edited:
Isaiah 29:1-4
Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt!
add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices.
Yet I will distress Ariel,
and there shall be heaviness and sorrow:
and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
And I will camp against thee round about,
and will lay siege against thee with a mount,
and I will raise forts against thee.
And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground,
and thy speech shall be low out of the dust,
and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground,
and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.

Genesis 3:14
And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Deuteronomy 11:26
Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;

Zechariah 8:13
And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.

Are we really going to debate what Eve did or did not say!!!

The point is she was tempted as Satan worked through the serpent thus also tempting Adam to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. They did not physically die that day, but lost the Spiritual connection with God when they disobeyed His command not to eat from that particular tree. They both suffered that day and all their days to come as God sought them out and exposed their sin as they knew no sin. God could have caused them to physically die that day because of their disobedience, but instead He covered them with skins of animals as this would be the first blood sacrifice for sin as God provided for the atonement of sin so we will not be found naked before Him.

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? 12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. 13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Satan only causes the wrath of God to fall on those of disobedience to His commands and statures as He alone takes vengeance on those who reject Him and His Son Christ Jesus.

The Devil tempts us with the things to which we are most vulnerable.
He puts the idea/image in our minds and our "flesh" responds by desiring whatever the temptation is.
The battle is in our minds and we need to "take every thought captive;" to examine it to see if it is good or evil and then to act accordingly.
Our responsibility is to be vigilant so that we are not taken unaware.
Then our responsibility is to reject every temptation and to choose to do what is pleasing to God.

The devil suggests.
If we do as he suggests then we have sinned; it is on our heads.

iakov the fool

I couldn't say it better.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back