Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Scientology

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
W

Willow

The Scientology religion is about the individual man or woman. Its goal is to bring an individual to a sufficient understanding of himself and his life and free him to make improvements where he finds them necessary and in the ways he sees fit

No wonder so many celebrities buy this garbage, it suits them. Me, me, me. People like Kirstie Alley, John Travolta and Kelly Preston all have said it has saved their lives, others say it has freed them from addictions.

The story of Scientology has to do with the 70-something planets in the universe that belong to a federation. An evil war god named Xenu is at the center of what is evil to them. Sound familiar? I see a huge resemblance to Star Wars.

You go to their websites and there isn't much info there, without the real intense stuff they need to hide at first to lure the lost.

Does anyone have other insights?

I heard you have to pay you way up through the religion. As you pay more, more insights and knowledge are awarded to you.

I read L. Ron Hubbard's Mission Earth books. It was 10 books (Christmas gift). They were some of the wort science fiction I have ever seen. He had some city sitting near a black hole so it would be 7 minutes in the future. It shows a complete lack of understanding of relativity. He also said that nuclear reactors burned uranium and spit out hydrogen. So he had people get cheap gold from a reactor. The cost of separating out gold would be more than the price of gold itself. There waa a lot of other crap as well.

However, his main theme was that you can either be a materialistic person rapped in a body of flesh and desires. Or you can be elevated to be more righteous and pure in spirit.

Quath

Saw an interesting article while I was investigating Scientology. How to talk to a scientologist: http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/16.htm.

Some excerpts:

Don’t talk to them about the weird stuff. Most Scientologists don’t know about it and are trained in the idea that finding out about it too soon will kill them. So just leave that entirely alone. It may freak you out and you may want to share it, but they will think it is a personal attack.

Don’t tell them it is not a religion. A Scientologist will instantly tune you out the moment you say that. After all they have subjective experience that is to them completely spiritual and religious in nature. To assert it isn’t is to be calling them a liar and denying their own experience.

I felt that Scientology had saved my life. That I would otherwise have destroyed myself with drugs or suicide. I felt I had experienced personal insight into the nature of my own being through Scientology. It explained everything to me.

You’re in a he-said she-said situation. In fact, without careful research you might be presenting false information that the church has put on the ‘net just so they can show their members how false it all is. So a Scientologist will be sure you are now a tool of the conspiracy, out to destroy Scientology. And they will not listen.

Don’t tell them Scientology doesn’t work. For a Scientologist, it does work. They know it. They will be able to point out one or many times where they had a success or it helped them through something or they felt better about themselves. They may have past life memories that convince them of their spiritual nature. They can have experienced wonderful things.

Throw out any bigotry or intolerance you might have and be a caring person. Listen to them. Assure them you only want good things for them. Give them a safe place to visit or come to.

Many times Scientologists won’t leave the church even though they want to, if they have no safe place or people of unconditional trust to go to.

Anyway. There is some good stuff on that website.

Quath

Ah yes scientology, the religion of give L Ron Hubbard money.

I was invited in to do one of their personality tests.

I must be one of the few people ever to be told by Scientologists that there was nothing they could do for me!

evanman said:
I was invited in to do one of their personality tests.

I must be one of the few people ever to be told by Scientologists that there was nothing they could do for me!
I always thought you were hopeless!!! :wink:

I wonder what the 'assists' are and how they work. Kelly Preston talked about these in an interview. That John Travolta kept giving her assists while filming one of their movies. She was going through a divorce and having a difficult time. She said this helped her a great deal. Maybe they are just positive, motivational statements...???

I think they give sessions where one person tries to help the other release negative stuff from their body. They use some device to try to measure the spirit/mind/body interaction and try to optimize it. However, I think the effect of these sessions is to get the person to relax in a self-hypnotic state.

Quath

Quath said:
I think they give sessions where one person tries to help the other release negative stuff from their body. They use some device to try to measure the spirit/mind/body interaction and try to optimize it. However, I think the effect of these sessions is to get the person to relax in a self-hypnotic state.

Quath
I need to pay them money for that? I could go down to the local Radio Shack and buy a $10 unit that measures skin tension and heart rate. You lower your heart rate by listening to 'beeps' the unit puts out. As you begin to calm down, the duration between beeps slows down. After time, you can learn to do this without the aid if the unit.

Hurts a lot less than punching a hole in the wall! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I right in thinking that the term "Engram" was first used by L Ron Hubbard"?

I noticed how the Holographic Doc on Voyager uses the term a lot.

Maybe one of the scriptwriters was a scientololologist!

They justify the money paoid to the church as administration fees so that no one makes any personal money. They say that they do not have the history of the Catholic church to have accumulated wealth. So it is a form or tithing.

However, I remember hearing that Hubbard did quite well with the money he got from the church.

Quath

Interesting...
I went through part of Scientololgy. I helped build ASHO (American Saint Hill Orginization located in LA CA.) In trade I received many of their classes, such as the Student Hat among others.
Scientology isn't all bad. I came away with a lot of good stuff that I still use today. Most of it is common sense.
However, that being said... I was working with this guy, and he starts telling me how it would be cool to be a God and rule over a whole planet. I started ribbing the guy and realized he was serious!!!
As far as some of the assists, one is a touch assist. It does work and will relieve head aches or leg cramps etc. Again, a lot of the stuff in Scientology are practical, but when it starts moving into the "Spiritual" realm, it quickly becomes quite wacky...
If you have any questions, let me know and I will try and answer them the best I can. I spent 6 months down there and learned a lot. I kept what was good, and threw the rest out the window!

Quath said:

Quath

The meter they use is really kind of like a hyper sensative ohm meter. It measures the electricity passing through your body.
It's actually a kind of cool meter and it does respond to thought as thought creates mass hence electrical current that can be measured. Reading the meter is the fun part and that's why all questions are asked to the "case" are templated. If the meter reads this, then do that. A lot of boolean logic to "Guide" the "case" to the proper End Result.

Quath said:
They justify the money paoid to the church as administration fees so that no one makes any personal money. They say that they do not have the history of the Catholic church to have accumulated wealth. So it is a form or tithing.

However, I remember hearing that Hubbard did quite well with the money he got from the church.

Quath

I was given room and board and $20 week. I worked from 7 am till midnight for 3 months solid. Last week we worked 24 hrs around the clock and got vitamin B shots in the rear to complete construction on time. After completion of ASHO, I was allowed to do my courses and only work a normal 40 hr. week.
All the Org members were paid $20 week plus room and board and classes / auditing.

If you really want to get creeped out check out who one of Ron Hubbard's mentors and dear friends were. The letters between the two are pretty frightening.

Sara929 said:
If you really want to get creeped out check out who one of Ron Hubbard's mentors and dear friends were. The letters between the two are pretty frightening.
Which ones are those?

Anyone interested in the truth about the creator of this farce of a 'religion'? can read the true story of L. Ron's life here:

http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/bfmconte.htm

The man was obviously 'demon possessed' for this he admitted himself, to himself. He also openly admits that 'scientology' was only partial truth, for the angel, (demon), that offered him this information only offered it in part.

These people that follow this teaching are insane. Often they end up worse than when they started. Read about this poor girl and what this 'science of the mind' did for her:

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

L. Ron was a practicing satanist at one time and if you will read of his life you will find that this is where he gained his insight from, (demons). His teachings are very dangerous and lead to the same state of mind that Satan suffered from which concluded with his being thrown out of heaven. L. Ron wanted to be like God too and by his followers, was treated as such. Scary stuff.

StoveBolts said:
Sara929 said:
Which ones are those?

L. Ron became friends with one John Whiteside Parsons, a man who practiced satanism outright. John Whiteside Parsons' mentor was none other than Alister Crowley, the father of modern satanism. At one point John Whiteside Parsons had L. Ron have sex with Parson's wife while John chanted incantations in the hopes of producing an offspring known as the 'moon child', (anti-christ). These people were nuts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back