Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Scripture required?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
By peddling the rozery.
She was the mother of God's BODY. God Himself is eternal. Catholic thinking taking shortcuts!

Well yes. But you might object and say "oh the apostles!" But they simply repeat the Bible's teaching. Catholicism is still unverified....
Many cults have said, "oh look!! new revelation!!" But every time, it was bogus nonsense that resulted in bad outcomes.

Church=body of believers. So technically, I'm a member of the Church!

Catholic word games. Mary was simply the vessel for God's Body.

JESUS was the One Who died for us - not His BODILY mother....
The rosary?
That is a Christian meditation on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ! How can it be idolatry?

In praise of Mary!

More you praise the Mona Lisa the more you are praising Leonardo de Vinci!

Do you really think he would be upset to see you paying so much attention to his masterpiece?

Mary is God’s masterpiece!

All love honor reverence or devotion given to Mary is given to God who created her, and Christ who endowed Her “full of grace” Lk 1:28

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the Glory of Who created them, Lk 1:49 to Christ who redeemed them, and to the Holy Spirit who sanctified them with graces obtained by the merits of Christ! Source of Grace is Christ! Jn 1:16-17

Mary is the air we breathe!

Just a breathing is a sign of life, so devotion to Mary is a sign of life in Christ, and the spirit!

Mary brought forth with the Holy Spirit the life of the world; our salvation, Jesus Christ!

The Holy Spirit filled Her with and grace and prerogatives!

By peddling the rozery.
She was the mother of God's BODY. God Himself is eternal. Catholic thinking taking shortcuts!

Well yes. But you might object and say "oh the apostles!" But they simply repeat the Bible's teaching. Catholicism is still unverified....
Many cults have said, "oh look!! new revelation!!" But every time, it was bogus nonsense that resulted in bad outcomes.

Rosary Christian meditation

(Joyful mysteries of the rosary)

Annunciation of the savior Lk 1:26-38

Visitation Lk 1:39-45

Nativity birth of the savior Matt 2

Journey to Egypt Matt 2:13

Finding in the temple lk 2:41-52

Christian meditation is the passion and death of Christ.

(Sorrowful mysteries of the rosary)

The agony in the garden:

The scourging at the pillar:
By His stripes we are healed.

The crowning with thorns.

The carrying of the cross.

Jesus dies on the cross.

(Glorious mysteries of the rosary)

Resurrection

Ascension

Decent of the Spirit (Pentecost)

Assumption

Crowning of faithful Mary in heaven

Traditional Christian meditation that even the so called reformers had no trouble with, and they defended the dogma’s of Mary too!

By peddling the rozery.

Mary is the mother of God, Jesus Christ is God, Mary most holy is is mother, mother of God Lk 1:43

Mother of his entire person but this does not imply that she is the mother or source of the divine nature

Our mother too spiritual mother of all Christians Jn 19:26 rev 12:17

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

By peddling the rozery.

We don’t believe “new revelations”

The faith was revealed by Christ to his church of the apostles before his Ascension eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

By peddling the rozery.

Church as spiritual body of believers is a condemned heresy

The church is
visible
Invisible
Physical
Spiritual

And governed by the apostles

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Rev 21: 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Gal 4:26 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Holy mother church!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; see Isa 22:21-22
(Keys of the kingdom / jurisdictional authority) Matt 16:17-19

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 21:43 taken from Israel given to Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

By peddling the rozery.

Is His death and sacrifice and atonement what makes Him our salvation?

There;s not evidence that mary was purged of sin after birthing Jesus.
It's dumb concept that violates "ALL fall short of the glory of God."
Jesus = God so He doesn't fall short of Himself.
Really?

The immaculate conception refers to the first moment of Mary’s conception in her mothers womb, created by God immaculate in virture of the merits of Jesus Christ!

Rom 3:23 paul
Is quoting the OT psalms all have fallen short of the glory of God accept my people

As a generalization it does not include everyone!

A guy who died 1000 yrs ago is head of church?? You are a piece of work.
Does Moses have successors?
Matt 23
Their authority was taken from them Matt 21:43 given to Peter Matt 16:18-19 and it includes his successors and they too must be obeyed!

BOOYAH!! JESUS IS SUFFICIENT!! WE DO NOT NEED FAKE IMAGINARY PURGATORY. NO ROZERY. NO MARYOLOGY. NONE OF CATHOLIC CORRUPTION.
JUST TRUST THE PLAIN BIBLICAL TEACHING!!
It is all very biblical as I have been explaining to you

What you have is not biblical!

(Spiritual anarchy)

Hi donadams

Yes it is at hand.

Now, were you going somewhere with this as far as making this argument that there's some special 'church' that we all need to belong to?

God bless,
Ted
Yes the one founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles that all men flow unto!!!

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillarand ground of the truth.

“At hand” and “has come upon you” cannot mean 2000 plus years later!

Only christ has authority to found and build the one true church all other are “sects” the tradition of men and full of errors

Mary is dead and will not be risen until the dead in christ are risen.
The dead know nothing.
So why do you talk to the dead?
Your opinion or christ & scripture

God of the living!

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Jn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

We go with Christ and His church and scripture

Why should we ask you to pray for us, are the savior or meditator?

Thks

You agreed that 2 Timothy 3:16 is truth,
Certainly.
So what in the OT scripture doesn't apply to the NT?
Circumcision, dietary rules, feast keeping, sabbath keeping, the priesthood, temple worship...are a few things that don't apply to NT believers.
A lot of the OT was presages of the things that would replace them.
Circumcision...casting off the flesh.
Dietary rules...abstaining from the impure world.
Feast keeping...communion of the body and blood of Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back