Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Seeing the Day Approaching.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Marilyn C

Seeing the Day approaching.

`Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God,

• Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
  • Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
  • Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the coming together, (in 2`a & 3`s) as the manner of some, but exhorting (encouraging and warning) one another, and so much the more as you SEE THE DAY APPROACHING.` (Heb. 10: 19 - 25)

I believe the Lord, the Head of His Body is building and maturing us. (Eph. 4: 13) And by His Holy Spirit He is revealing the times we are living in, as very close to His gathering His Body to go to its eternal home in glory.

Here are the main areas of the `Day` I see `approaching.`

• Lawlessness abounding. (2 Thess. 2: 7)
  • The forming of the final Gentile Global Government. (Rev. 13)
  • The World Economic collapse. (Rev. 6: 5 & 6)
  • The Russian Federation on the move. (Joel 2 & Ez. 38)
  • The Islamic power, ready to arise. (Dan. 7: 7, 23)

So all the `let us` `s of Hebrew 10 give us good direction as to what we should be doing in these momentous times.

What are your thoughts?

Hi Marilyn C

I don't seen any reason why we shouldn't be doing the same things, as regards the will of our Father, that we should always be doing, i.e., living a godly life that honors Him in all that we do; telling others about the promise of His salvation offered to all through the testimony and life and blood of His Son; waiting with a sure expectancy that when the day that Jesus steps out on the clouds and Gabriel sounds the shofar, that we are ready to meet him in the air.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again Marilyn C

However, the day is not yet. There is still one condition that Paul has told us will precede the return of our Lord to rescue us from the wrath of his Father...the lawless one. The final Anti-christ will be revealed prior to Jesus' return.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again Marilyn C

However, the day is not yet. There is still one condition that Paul has told us will precede the return of our Lord to rescue us from the wrath of his Father...the lawless one. The final Anti-christ will be revealed prior to Jesus' return.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Ted,

I see that the A/C is revealed in the Day of the LORD (God Almighty/ judgement). (2 Thess. 2: 3)

I believe that the `one condition` is the maturing of the Body of Christ is regards to the truth of Christ`s character and His purposes.

`till we all come to the unity of the Faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect, (mature) man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.` (Eph. 4: 13)

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C

I don't seen any reason why we shouldn't be doing the same things, as regards the will of our Father, that we should always be doing, i.e., living a godly life that honors Him in all that we do; telling others about the promise of His salvation offered to all through the testimony and life and blood of His Son; waiting with a sure expectancy that when the day that Jesus steps out on the clouds and Gabriel sounds the shofar, that we are ready to meet him in the air.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Ted,

If we look at bit closer at that scripture we will see -

`....but exhorting (encouraging and warning) one another, and so much the more as you SEE THE DAY APPROACHING.` (Heb. 10: 25)

So all the MORE we should be getting together with other believers and encouraging each other and warning each other. Especially in the West believers can get so busy with everyday life and making money for retirement, for children`s education in the future, etc that the reality of the soon coming Head of His Body, is put on the far distant future.

Reactions: JLB
I do love talking and sharing about end time events as even now more than ever before we can see the day approaching. Whether in our lifetime or not, as no one knows the day or hour of His return, we must be about our Fathers business taking the Gospel message out into the world.

Marilyn C can you explain what this Islamic power is that is ready to rise?

Hi Ted,

If we look at bit closer at that scripture we will see -

`....but exhorting (encouraging and warning) one another, and so much the more as you SEE THE DAY APPROACHING.` (Heb. 10: 25)

So all the MORE we should be getting together with other believers and encouraging each other and warning each other. Especially in the West believers can get so busy with everyday life and making money for retirement, for children`s education in the future, etc that the reality of the soon coming Head of His Body, is put on the far distant future.
Hi Marilyn C

For the record, I don't think 'exhort' means to warn. Yes, we should always be encouraging one another as believers whether we see the day approaching or not, and Paul says that we should be doing it all the more as we see the day approaching. However, while I fully know that the day is out there, I don't yet see it approaching. Some of the 'signs' haven't been shown, one of them being the revealing of the Antichrist.

The day of Jesus' return, the Lord's day, may well still be 200-300 years away. Or it could be 20-20 years away. But I'm confident that it won't happen tomorrow because the Antichrist has not yet been revealed. The tribulation of the saints today is nowhere near the worst it's ever been, which was another sign that Jesus forewarned us. While there are saints who are being persecuted and some even put to death, there have been worse such times.

God bless,
Ted

I do love talking and sharing about end time events as even now more than ever before we can see the day approaching. Whether in our lifetime or not, as no one knows the day or hour of His return, we must be about our Fathers business taking the Gospel message out into the world.

Marilyn C can you explain what this Islamic power is that is ready to rise?

Hi fhg,

Yes I do too love talking and sharing about end time events. And I`m sure by the Holy Spirit, Christ our Head will teach and encourage us all.

Now I do believe the Lord`s return will be in our life time, very soon, for Israel, the fig tree generation, `will not pass away.`

The Islamic power. Yes, well we in the West mainly see our part of the world, however over the past few years the Middle East has grown from being mainly nomads in tents to being wealthy beyond our imagination and with cities that rival Western ones.

What is holding them back at the moment from being more than terrorists around the world, is the divide of their religion - Sunni & Shi-ites. These are very volatile and clash frequently. It will be only when the Peace negotiator, (A/C) arises after the Russian war, that Islam will come together and be a very formable power indeed.

God`s word tells us much about this man -

His nationality – Assyrian. (Isa. 31: 8 Micah 5: 5)

The region he comes from – the Ancient Assyrian Empire. (Dan. 11: 35 – 43)

Leader of Ancient Assyrian region - Iraq, Syria & Jordan. (Dan. 7: 8)

Leader of Islamic Federation – 10 kings of Islam. (Dan. 7: 8, Rev. 17: 12)

He rules the world – (Rev. 16: 13 & 14, 19: 19)

Just a quick view there. Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C

For the record, I don't think 'exhort' means to warn. Yes, we should always be encouraging one another as believers whether we see the day approaching or not, and Paul says that we should be doing it all the more as we see the day approaching. However, while I fully know that the day is out there, I don't yet see it approaching. Some of the 'signs' haven't been shown, one of them being the revealing of the Antichrist.

The day of Jesus' return, the Lord's day, may well still be 200-300 years away. Or it could be 20-20 years away. But I'm confident that it won't happen tomorrow because the Antichrist has not yet been revealed. The tribulation of the saints today is nowhere near the worst it's ever been, which was another sign that Jesus forewarned us. While there are saints who are being persecuted and some even put to death, there have been worse such times.

God bless,
Ted
Hi ted,

Actually `exhort` does entail `admonish` which is to warn. Gk. `paraineo` admonish, exhort. (Acts 27: 22)

And as the `fig tree,` Israel is nearing the time when that generation `will not pass away,` then the Lord`s return is very soon. I don`t see the A/C is to be revealed prior but at the Peace treaty after the Russian war. we will be gone before that.

Now you are referring to what Jesus said to the people of Israel about their future. Now the Head of the Body has told us that time will be `till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the son of God...` (Eph. 4: 13)

Hi fhg,

Yes I do too love talking and sharing about end time events. And I`m sure by the Holy Spirit, Christ our Head will teach and encourage us all.

Now I do believe the Lord`s return will be in our life time, very soon, for Israel, the fig tree generation, `will not pass away.`

The Islamic power. Yes, well we in the West mainly see our part of the world, however over the past few years the Middle East has grown from being mainly nomads in tents to being wealthy beyond our imagination and with cities that rival Western ones.

What is holding them back at the moment from being more than terrorists around the world, is the divide of their religion - Sunni & Shi-ites. These are very volatile and clash frequently. It will be only when the Peace negotiator, (A/C) arises after the Russian war, that Islam will come together and be a very formable power indeed.

I will address this tomorrow as it's getting to be my bedtime. Usually in here all day so I will review those scriptures and then get back to you.

Hi ted,

Actually `exhort` does entail `admonish` which is to warn. Gk. `paraineo` admonish, exhort. (Acts 27: 22)

And as the `fig tree,` Israel is nearing the time when that generation `will not pass away,` then the Lord`s return is very soon. I don`t see the A/C is to be revealed prior but at the Peace treaty after the Russian war. we will be gone before that.

Now you are referring to what Jesus said to the people of Israel about their future. Now the Head of the Body has told us that time will be `till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the son of God...` (Eph. 4: 13)
Hi Marilyn C

No, exhort and admonish are two different words. Yes, admonish is to warn or chastise. However, it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Jesus and Paul have given several signs that will precede the Lord's return. Those signs have not been seen yet. So you're certainly free to understand the Greek word paraineo as you'd like, but the return of the Lord is not yet and I hope that you won't be disappointed it he doesn't return in your lifetime. That's one of the teachings Paul was working on with the Thessalonians. He wrote to them about this very subject when the believers in his day thought that they had missed Jesus' return, or were expecting it at any moment in their lifetimes: Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,... 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no one deceive you by any means regarding this issue of when Jesus will return. I rather imagine that the return of the Lord is more likely in the next 200 years, but that is just a guess based on some rather tenuous activities that are happening now that 'could' tie in to Jesus' prophecies concerning the things that will be going on when he returns. No one knows the hour or day, but the Scriptures do give us some clues as to the season and what will be going on among mankind prior to his return.

Paul says that the lawless one will be revealed. That revelation may likely come when we see the person working towards the treaty, agreement or covenant, as the NKJV mentions it, that Daniel wrote about. The great tribulation like unto has never been seen before nor ever will be again will come upon the saints of God. Those alive in the day of the great tribulation will endure much hardship and suffering for the Lord. However, God has promised to cut short those days and that is when He will send His Son, Jesus. Then what is told in John's writing we know as Revelation 14:14 will come to pass.

Then will come the day when all the unbelievers will be thrown into the winepress of God's wrath, but the believers will be safe with Jesus, the one who comes sitting on the clouds looking like the Son of Man who swings his sharp sickle and harvests the earth of the ripe fruit. For the believers have been given a promise that they are not going to endure the wrath of God upon the earth.

Jesus spoke to his disciples about that day:
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

Nations are certainly distressed. I'm not sure that we have yet seen the sea and waves roaring with perplexity. They seem to be working pretty normally, although we are experiencing more tsunamis. We do see some of what I believe could be termed 'men's hearts failing from fear and expectation of those things which are coming on the earth'. Certainly there is great fear among men concerning the warming of the earth. However, when they happen we are to be looking expectantly because our redemption draws near. But how bad will it get? How long will the nations be distressed and the seas and waves roar with perplexity. Might there be even more earthly calamities that will cause men's hearts to fail in fear and expectation of what we see coming upon the earth. Perhaps a heavenly body rushing to collide with the earth? But these things only tell us that the time is drawing near.

I believe the revealing of the lawless one is the last 'sign' we will get and the 'sign' that will portend the real closeness of Jesus' return. So, I can certainly see Jesus' return in the next 15-30 years, but I can also just as easily see Jesus' return in 200-300 years. There have been many, many saints who have lived and died since Jesus' visitation to us that have expected Jesus to return in their lifetimes. Certainly he will return in some believer's lifetime.

It is my understanding from Paul's writing that when we see the lawless one's rise to power on the earth, then Jesus' return will likely be in the lifetime of those believers who are alive in that day.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again Marilyn C

God bless,
Ted
I have a question. If we, as believers, are already forgiven, why do we need to even think about the wrath of God coming?

Just so you know, I believe the wrath of God was poured out upon those who crucified the son of God and his subsequent brethren. They saw the coming of him (in judgement only) in that generation. The wrath of God came on those who did horrible evil. I don’t believe it will happen again. But I was wondering how your side deals with the need to escape God’s wrath being already forgiven and redeemed.

Hi Dorothy Mae

I have a question. If we, as believers, are already forgiven, why do we need to even think about the wrath of God coming?
You don't have to think about it if you don't want to, but the Scriptures, God's testimony and revelation to us speaks of His wrath. Generally, for me, anything that is found written in the Scriptures is worthy of discussion and consideration. However, what seems to be a misunderstanding that people have formed from the Scriptures is that the 'wrath' of God, is the same as the 'great tribulation'. They are not. They refer to two separate and distinct issues that God's word tells us about.

Just so you know, I believe the wrath of God was poured out upon those who crucified the son of God and his subsequent brethren. They saw the coming of him (in judgement only) in that generation. The wrath of God came on those who did horrible evil. I don’t believe it will happen again. But I was wondering how your side deals with the need to escape God’s wrath being already forgiven and redeemed.
As I understand the Scriptures, the wrath of God has not yet been fully released upon the earth. How do you explain the account of the two angels in John's writing of the Revelation 14:14? As far as feeling a 'need' to escape God's wrath, that would be a misunderstanding of my position. I don't feel a 'need' to escape God's wrath. I know that because of what Jesus has done and the promises of the Scriptures that believers will not be subject to God's wrath. This is the entire reason why the Scriptures speak of the gathering in the air of the saints. It is that gathering by Jesus at the sound of the trumpet that removes us from the wrath of God that is then discussed at quite length in the last chapters of the Revelation.

So, one is certainly free to not discuss the teachings of the Scriptures concerning God's wrath. As a believer one is certainly free to shy away from any discussion of the subject, but I'm one who feels that all Scripture is God breathed and therefore is profitable for 'teaching', for reproof, for correction and for 'training in righteousness'. Since the Scriptures do mention, in a number of places, and at length in the last chapters of the Revelation, the wrath of God, then I find it an acceptable subject to understand and teach.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Dorothy Mae

You don't have to think about it if you don't want to, but the Scriptures, God's testimony and revelation to us speaks of His wrath.
No problem. I’m not afraid of any subject in the scriptures.
Generally, for me, anything that is found written in the Scriptures is worthy of discussion and consideration. However, what seems to be a misunderstanding that people have formed from the Scriptures is that the 'wrath' of God, is the same as the 'great tribulation'. They are not. They refer to two separate and distinct issues that God's word tells us about.
I disagree. Revelation clearly tells us about the “woes” or “bowls of wrath” God pours out in the “time of Jacob’s trouble” what the bible only called “great tribulation” but which one theology calls “the Great Tribulation.” The troubles (tribulation) is solely because Gods wrath is poured out. I see no separation there.
As I understand the Scriptures, the wrath of God has not yet been fully released upon the earth.
I see it as poured out onto those who murdered his son although certainly He judges nations and they can receive his wrath as well. Jesus’ parables also speak clearly of this.
How do you explain the account of the two angels in John's writing of the Revelation 14:14?
I don’t see a problem there? What do you mean?
As far as feeling a 'need' to escape God's wrath, that would be a misunderstanding of my position. I don't feel a 'need' to escape God's wrath. I know that because of what Jesus has done and the promises of the Scriptures that believers will not be subject to God's wrath.
Except the times we know God poured out his wrath, the believers always had to pay attention and leave town on their own legs. I cannot think of a time in the Bible where they were snatched out with no choice. Jesus said, “watch” not, “no worries.”
This is the entire reason why the Scriptures speak of the gathering in the air of the saints.
That’s the Resurrection. It’s after the wrath of God is poured out in Matthew 24.
It is that gathering by Jesus at the sound of the trumpet that removes us from the wrath of God that is then discussed at quite length in the last chapters of the Revelation.
Except it’s at the end after all the wrath is poured out isn’t it?
So, one is certainly free to not discuss the teachings of the Scriptures concerning God's wrath. As a believer one is certainly free to shy away from any discussion of the subject, but I'm one who feels that all Scripture is God breathed and therefore is profitable for 'teaching', for reproof, for correction and for 'training in righteousness'. Since the Scriptures do mention, in a number of places, and at length in the last chapters of the Revelation, the wrath of God, then I find it an acceptable subject to understand and teach.
I agree.

Hi Dorothy Mae

I guess my side deals with it just as I have explained. The wrath of God is still to come, but believers will not be here to endure it. My side believes that the account of those who are in Christ, rising with those believers who are in the grave, will be taken from the earth just prior to the release of God's wrath. That's the picture that Revelation 14 describes.

God bless,
Ted

Hi fhg,

Thank you for explaining this, but I have a different view on who the son of perdition will be, but yet it does involve Russia as part of the ten nations within the ruling powers of the prince of the air, meaning Satan that works through these principalities, but that is another topic of discussion.

Hi Marilyn C

No one knows the day or the hour of Christ return and whether it be in our lifetime or not we must be about our Fathers business as we endure all things until the end.

I see you added "encouraging and warning" to vs. 25 and that is absolutely true.

Isaiah 6:6-7; Ezekiel 33:1-33; Jeremiah 51:12, just to name a few scriptures speak about the watchmen who gave warning to others of impending danger. This has never changed even today we are called to be watchmen as it's God who has established the believers as we can clearly see the coming danger in the spiritual realm.

We can not be silent and need to warn others of those things that must come first before the return of Christ as even know we are living in a dangerous time. The purpose of warning others is to inspire them to abandon sin and turn their hearts to the Lord before it's to late.

When we read the signs of the end of the age in Matthew 24:3-31 that Jesus gave us to watch for we see many of these events even now in our own life and will continue to wax worse until the coming of the Lord. If we do not prepare others by taking the message of the Gospel out into the world then the blood of those who never heard could be put upon our hands.

Here are some encouraging scriptures as we tell others about the armour of God so they can stand grounded in their faith in Christ and to let God avenge us.

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Heb 10:32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Hi Dorothy Mae

I guess my side deals with it just as I have explained. The wrath of God is still to come, but believers will not be here to endure it. My side believes that the account of those who are in Christ, rising with those believers who are in the grave, will be taken from the earth just prior to the release of God's wrath. That's the picture that Revelation 14 describes.

God bless,
Ted
Revelation 14 doesn’t mentioned anyone being snatched out of the earth. Matthew 24 describes the angels gathering the elect after the wrath of God is over. My side think the wrath of God described in Matt 24 and Revelation happened in the first century. My side believes no Anti-christ, nor evil world government nor rapture is coming.

God bless
Dorothy

Revelation 14 doesn’t mentioned anyone being snatched out of the earth. Matthew 24 describes the angels gathering the elect after the wrath of God is over. My side think the wrath of God described in Matt 24 and Revelation happened in the first century. My side believes no Anti-christ, nor evil world government nor rapture is coming.

God bless
Dorothy
Hi Dorothy Mae

Well, I guess that's good for your side. Tell me, how was the wrath of God displayed in the first century? Exactly how did God show His wrath upon the people?

If you would, how does your side see the future unfolding according to God's word. For example, will there be a day of judgment? Will there be a thousand year reign of believers with Christ, Jesus?

As regards Revelation 14, just exactly what do you think we are being told when the first angel, who looks like the Son of Man, swings his sharp sickle and harvests the ripe fruit of the earth?

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back