Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Separation/Marriage Problems

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Joe

Need help, my wife and I have been having problems in our marriage for a while, we were previously separated for 5 months and decided to try to work on our marriage. We've been going to counseling for 7 months, but it doesn't seem to be working. She recently left again and now I don't know what to do. I love my wife and want to be with her. Does anyone have advice for me?

Can you tell us more? the more details you can provide the better advice you will get I think, and in the process you might find a few new avenues on your own. :waving

I myself am having major issues with my marriage. I want out, but refuse to go ahead with that because I made a promise to God that I was going to be with my husband, through good and bad times. Unfortunately it's about 90% bad. From the advice I have gotten so far, here is what seems to be a common thread: pray, vent, pray, cry, pray. I honestly gave up. I don't argue anymore. He speaks and I just look at him like I am listening, while praying to god that he loses his voice. Anything he asks, I respond with "yes honey". I don't know what else to do, but I do know divorce is out of the question. I am not the best person to give advice, so all I will do is pray for you.

Vivi,

O how i wish God would do stuff in my timing, I have somewhat the same problems. It has been almost 48 years .... Then i think of how long Sarah waited and the blessing she received. Not the same i know but sorta close...Fighting this battle many times the scripture
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Comes to mind... Many , many times having failed to just get up and start again.. Dont give up on the Lord, Giving up my prideful will is a life long battle. I pray i dont give up on the Lord.... This marriage is not the death on the Cross He suffered, He only ask i live for Him.
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Since this thread seems to have died out, I thought I'd take the opportunity to say that I have a great marriage. All be it, it's my second marriage.

I have been married for over 12 years to the very person I was called to love, honor, and cherish. I have found that I do not have the ability on my own to Love, Honor, Or Cherish anyone, but when I make a conscious effort to do those things with the help of Jesus Christ it works, and I am rewarded.

As sappy as it may sounds, Love is like raising roses. You have to know what it needs, and you have to provide those things. When you do, the roses bloom and you are rewarded.

Had I had God in my life in my first marriage, had God been the center of that marriage, I'd still be in that marriage.

I have discovered that it has little to do with the other person and all to do with me. I am 100% responsible for my marriage and I expect nothing less than what I am willing to put in with Gods help and direction, and anything more I get is nothing but the glory of God, and I see that glory every day.

Marriage is not a piece of paper, or legal entity. It is not an institution of man. For those who think it is, they will fail. Marriage is an institution of God, from God, and By God. It is for one man and one woman to be together by God, with God, and for God first. All others are on their own, and to those people I can only say; Good luck.

I ll keep it short.
In a marriage the man wants more respect then love, the wife wants love. Both need to know this and try their hardest to make each other feel love and respected.

And when you put someone down, they will act like you tell them. Call them lazy it will make them lazy. Ever tell your kids their room looks like a pig sty to hear them act like a pig.

Lift each other up and call them what you want them to be. Also watch fireproof, great movie.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back