Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Seven Year Covenant and Daniel’s 70 weeks

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The priests and Levites were rebuilding the Temple.

Now in the second month of the second year of their coming to the house of God at Jerusalem, Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and the rest of their brethren the priests and the Levites, and all those who had come out of the captivity to Jerusalem, began work and appointed the Levites from twenty years old and above to oversee the work of the house of the Lord. 9 Then Jeshua with his sons and brothers, Kadmiel with his sons, and the sons of Judah, arose as one to oversee those working on the house of God: the sons of Henadad with their sons and their brethren the Levites.

10 When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests stood in their apparel with trumpets, and the Levites, the sons of Asaph, with cymbals, to praise the Lord, according to the ordinance of David king of Israel. 11 And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord:

“For He is good,
For His mercy endures forever toward Israel.”
Then all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.

12 But many of the priests and Levites and heads of the fathers’ houses, old men who had seen the first temple, wept with a loud voice when the foundation of this temple was laid before their eyes. Yet many shouted aloud for joy, 13 so that the people could not discern the noise of the shout of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people, for the people shouted with a loud shout, and the sound was heard afar off. Ezra 3:8-13

JLB

If you choose the believe that the 70 weeks prophecy pertains to 490 days and only encompasses rebuilding a street and wall then that’s on you. The prophecy itself reveals that Jerusalem was to be rebuilt which includes the city and sanctuary.

25 “Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,

There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.

The time frame of the first 69 weeks runs from the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince.

Cyrus was king of Persia in the year 539 BC.

By the time Messiah the Prince came about Rome was the World ruling empire.

So your theory of the prophecy spanning 490 days doesn’t make sense.

The person who commanded the work to begin plainly revealed that God told him, Cyrus, to build Him a house.

That is the purpose, God Himself raised up Cyrus to be king to do.

Thus says Cyrus king of Persia:

All the kingdoms of the earth the Lord God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. Ezra 1:2

Again

28 Who says of Cyrus, ‘He is My shepherd,
And he shall perform all My pleasure,
Saying to Jerusalem, “You shall be built,”
And to the temple, “Your foundation shall be laid.” ’
Thus says the Lord to His anointed,
To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held—
To subdue nations before him
And loose the armor of kings,
To open before him the double doors,
So that the gates will not be shut:
2 ‘I will go before you
And make the crooked places straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
3 I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the Lord,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.
13 I have raised him up in righteousness,
And I will [d]direct all his ways;
He shall build My city
And let My exiles go free,
Not for price nor reward,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
Isaiah 44:28-45:3,13

Cyrus was anointed by God and raised up for the very purpose of releasing the children of Israel back to the land the Lord had given them and restore the city of Jerusalem which includes the Temple as well as restoring to them the provision to do this very thing.

In addition Cyrus returned to them the articles to be used in the Temple.

King Cyrus also brought out the articles of the house of the Lord, which Nebuchadnezzar had taken from Jerusalem and put in the [d]temple of his gods; 8 and Cyrus king of Persia brought them out by the hand of Mithredath the treasurer, and counted them out to Sheshbazzar the prince of Judah. 9 This is the number of them: thirty gold platters, one thousand silver platters, twenty-nine knives, 10 thirty gold basins, four hundred and ten silver basins of a similar kind, and one thousand other articles. 11 All the articles of gold and silver were five thousand four hundred. All these Sheshbazzar took with the captives who were brought from Babylon to Jerusalem.
Ezra 1:7-11

Why would the children of Israel need the articles of the Temple if they were not working on restoring the Temple?

JLB
"Restore and build Jerusalem" does not state "Temple", that is your private interpretation.

The text clearly states this building will be "Wall & Street"

"The Street Shall Be Built Again, And The Wall"

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

You give complete disregard to occultist "Sir Issac Newton" as being the foundation of this teaching in magical numerology.

You forget the floating 70th week of millenniums and still waiting.

70 weeks are determined, but were gonna have an intermission for 2,000 years to get to the 70th week?

Looks like a little bend and twist to make things fit don't ya think?

Daniels 70 weeks or 490 literal day's are future, and will start with the future command to build the "Wall & Street" in Jerusalem.

The 70th week is future, that will see armies having surrounded Jerusalem and the revealing of the antichrist, the man of false peace, who will proclaim to be the awaited upon Messiah to the Jews on earth.

We will disagree.

I have nothing to do with what a man teaches, but only what is already written in scripture. All one has to do is look up and read Ezra Chapters 1-6 and research the dates of each king starting with Cyrus to that of Artaxerxes and the timing of the first command given to Ezra by king Cyrus to build the second Temple and the command to rebuild and restore Jerusalem.

Do you really believe once Christ returns that man will have a need to rebuild and restore Jerusalem after God destroys both heaven and earth before ushering down the New Jerusalem?

The 70th seven began with Christ baptism in AD 29 and three years later at the end of the first half of the 70th seven sacrifices and offering ceased because Christ hung on the cross. From the giving of the law in 458BC when Ezra went to establish the law an commanded to rebuild the second Temple and then rebuild and restore Jerusalem after the 70 year Babylonian captivity right to the cross where the first 69 sevens. The 70th seven is from the time of the cross until Jesus comes back for the overspreading of abominations he will make desolate, or make an end to all evil as final judgment on all is made then we will be with the Lord forever.

I have nothing to do with what a man teaches, but only what is already written in scripture. All one has to do is look up and read Ezra Chapters 1-6 and research the dates of each king starting with Cyrus to that of Artaxerxes and the timing of the first command given to Ezra by king Cyrus to build the second Temple and the command to rebuild and restore Jerusalem.

Do you really believe once Christ returns that man will have a need to rebuild and restore Jerusalem after God destroys both heaven and earth before ushering down the New Jerusalem?

The 70th seven began with Christ baptism in AD 29 and three years later at the end of the first half of the 70th seven sacrifices and offering ceased because Christ hung on the cross. From the giving of the law in 458BC when Ezra went to establish the law an commanded to rebuild the second Temple and then rebuild and restore Jerusalem after the 70 year Babylonian captivity right to the cross where the first 69 sevens. The 70th seven is from the time of the cross until Jesus comes back for the overspreading of abominations he will make desolate, or make an end to all evil as final judgment on all is made then we will be with the Lord forever.
You have a week representing 7 years then you jump to the 70th week that represents two millenniums and still waiting?

As it stands presently your 70 weeks is currently at roughly 2500 years and counting?

"Big Smiles"

Last edited:
"Restore and build Jerusalem" does not state "Temple", that is your private interpretation.

The text clearly states this building will be "Wall & Street"

"The Street Shall Be Built Again, And The Wall"

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Is the Temple part of Jerusalem?

Did Cyrus issue the command to build the Lord a Temple in Jerusalem?

Did God raise up Cyrus to restore the city of Jerusalem and the Temple?

Did Cyrus return the Temple vessels to the children of Israel?

Did the priests and Levites start rebuilding the Temple ?

Does the first 69 weeks of the prophecy include the phrase “until Messiah the Prince”?

Was the Temple built when Jesus the Messiah came on the seen?

There is no private interpretation, here sir, only biblical facts.

JLB

You have a week representing 7 years then you jump to the 70th week that represents two millenniums and still waiting?

As it stands presently your 70 weeks is currently at roughly 2500 years and counting?

"Big Smiles"

I said and explained we are still today in the midst of the 70th week as Christ has not returned yet.

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem, (Ezra 1-6), unto the Messiah the Prince, (John 1:40, 41) shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: (69 prophetic years) the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. (The troublous times are describe in Ezra 1-6) 26 And after threescore and two weeks (62 prophetic years) shall Messiah be cut off, (Messiah, the prince, would come exactly 483 years (69 weeks) after the command was given.) but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come (fulfillment of the end of the 70th week as there is a gap between the 69th and the 70th for Gods timing) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: (7 years end of days tribulation of Gods wrath) and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate (The last 3 1/2 years of mystery Babylon and her destruction).

There is no way from the time of Ezra's command around 538BC to that of Messiah come can be only 490 days or weeks. These are prophetic days and years from the time of Ezra to that of the second coming of Christ.

Last edited:
There is no way from the time of Ezra's command around 538BC to that of Messiah come can be only 490 days or weeks. These are prophetic days and years from the time of Ezra to that of the second coming of Christ.
It's your opinion and belief that Ezra's command has a relationship to Daniel 9:24-27, I strongly disagree with your opinion.

This command will be "Future", as this will be 70 literal weeks or 490 days in Jerusalem's "Future".

The final literal week or 7 day period will see the world's armies surround Jerusalem, as the Antichrist is revealed as the man of peace and Messiah to the Jews.

We will disagree, the horse is dead :horse

Last edited:

Does the first 69 weeks of the prophecy include the phrase “until Messiah the Prince”?

There is no private interpretation, here sir, only biblical facts.

JLB
We will disagree, the future wall and street will be built again, that will account for 62 literal weeks or 434 literal days, there is no mention of "Temple"

You can post all the scripture you want outside Daniel 9:24-27, it will not support a "Temple" being built, as Wall and Street are the only mention.

We will disagree, the ole horse is dead! :horse

Last edited:
We will disagree, the future wall and street will be built again, that will account for 62 literal weeks or 434 literal days, there is no mention of "Temple"

You can post all the scripture you want outside Daniel 9:24-27, it will not support a "Temple" being built, as Wall and Street are the only mention.

Is verse 25 outside of Daniel 9:24-27?

Know therefore and understand,
Even in troublesome times. Daniel 9:25

Do you think because the wall and street were rebuilt in troublesome times, that sums up the entire scope of the prophecy?

I’m still waiting for some answers to my questions I asked you that come from verse Daniel 9:25

• To restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince,

Do you believe the phrase Messiah the Prince occurred 483 days after king Cyrus issued the command to start the prophetic clock?

Cyrus conquered Babylon in 539 BC, realeasing the children of Israel in his first year of reign, 538 BC.

538 years before Christ, the command to restore and build Jerusalem was issued by Cyrus.

Do you understand what the phrase Messiah the Prince means?

JLB

It's your opinion and belief that Ezra's command has a relationship to Daniel 9:24-27, I strongly disagree with your opinion.

This command will be "Future", as this will be 70 literal weeks or 490 days in Jerusalem's "Future".

The final literal week or 7 day period will see the world's armies surround Jerusalem, as the Antichrist is revealed as the man of peace and Messiah to the Jews.

We will disagree, the horse is dead :horse

The horse is not dead as I need you to please give me the scriptures that say 70 literal weeks or 490 days in Jerusalem's is yet future in building and restoring Jerusalem.

The horse is not dead as I need you to please give me the scriptures that say 70 literal weeks or 490 days in Jerusalem's is yet future in building and restoring Jerusalem.
Micah 7:10-17 below shows the "Future" Jerusalem

Verse 10 the fulfilling of the gentiles, Jerusalem will be trodden down Revelation 11:2

Verse 11 the walls and street that are to be built as seen in Daniel 9:24-27 are seen as stopped "Future"

Verse 12 the worlds armies come against Jerusalem, that will fulfill the time of the Gentiles Revelation 11:2 "Future"

Verse 14-16 the "Future" woman of Revelation 12:6 is fed in the wilderness "Manna" as in the days of coming out of Egypt, the world watches in astonishment.

Micah 7:10-17KJV
10 Then she that is mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her which said unto me, Where is the Lord thy God? mine eyes shall behold her: now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.
11 In the day that thy walls are to be built, in that day shall the decree be far removed.
12 In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.
13 Notwithstanding the land shall be desolate because of them that dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings.
14 Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
15 According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him marvellous things.
16 The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf.
17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of thee.

Last edited:
Week is clearly defined as a 7 day period, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 21 days or "Three Full Weeks", there is no magic formula or meaning to make different Daniels 70 weeks or Daniels 3 weeks.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Micah 7:10-17 below shows the "Future" Jerusalem

Verse 10 the fulfilling of the gentiles, Jerusalem will be trodden down Revelation 11:2

Verse 11 the walls and street that are to be built as seen in Daniel 9:24-27 are seen as stopped "Future"

Verse 12 the worlds armies come against Jerusalem, that will fulfill the time of the Gentiles Revelation 11:2 "Future"

Verse 14-16 the "Future" woman of Revelation 12:6 is fed in the wilderness "Manna" as in the days of coming out of Egypt, the world watches in astonishment.

Micah 7:10-17KJV
10 Then she that is mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her which said unto me, Where is the Lord thy God? mine eyes shall behold her: now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.
11 In the day that thy walls are to be built, in that day shall the decree be far removed.
12 In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.
13 Notwithstanding the land shall be desolate because of them that dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings.
14 Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
15 According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him marvellous things.
16 The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf.
17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of thee.

I agree these verses are speaking about future Jerusalem, but after the Gentiles destroy it, Rev 11, 13, it will never be rebuilt and restored as at the end of the 3 1/2 years of Gentile control of Jerusalem Jesus returns and makes an end of all abominations, Rev 19. After Satan is bound and let loose for a time for a final battle against the saints of God as he calls his army to surround the camp his army is consumed by fire and Satan finally cast into the lake of fire. This present earth and 1st heaven will pass away and the New Jerusalem ushered down from the third Heaven where God sits on His throne, Rev 21.

So no, the command given to Ezra by King Cyrus to build and restore Jerusalem unto the time of Messiah being baptized in 29AD is 490 prophetic years from the time of the command that Daniel speaks of in Daniel 9:24-27.

Revelation 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

This temple is not a literal temple that John is to measure as there never will be a third one built as the temple mount will never be given back to the Jews and here is the reason why. Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times all because Israel never repented of their sin of idolatry when they were allowed back into their land again in 538 BC after their seventy year Babylonian exile and the land fell under the leader of the Roman Empire that still has diplomatic ties with Jerusalem today.

When the second temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. by the Romans other Roman temples were built there and destroyed during various revolts up to the fourth century. From the fourth century the temple mount laid undeveloped until the Muslim Siege of Jerusalem in 637 CE. Between 689-691 CE the Muslims built the Dome of the Rock which stands today, but now under renovations that have to do with the prophecy of the son of perdition in 2 Thessalonians 2:2-4 and the great falling away before the return of Jesus.

John was to measure the Spiritual temple of God as being those who are truly in Christ through the Spiritual rebirth that worship Him in all truths, John 3:3-7, which make up the temple of God as being the body of Christ. The symbolic here represents God separating and protecting His people. The temple of God is no longer made by hand since the veil of the temple was torn from top to bottom, Matthew 27:50, 51; Acts 7:48-51. The temple of God is within man that has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that keeps himself undefiled before the Lord, Matthew 27:51; Mark 7:15-23; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17.

The outer court represents that of the control the Gentiles will once again have over the Holy city as they take full control over Jerusalem and trampled it for the last three and a half years of the seven years tribulation period. The first three and a half years begin with the opening of the seventh seal and the last three and a half beginning with the seventh trumpet as this explains the seven year tribulation that Jesus mentions in Matthew 24:21 as being the worst tribulation there has ever been nor will ever be again.

During this time once again the Roman Empire will take control of the temple mount in Jerusalem as a New World Order is even now being set up that will be one single world government of economic, political and religious power. They will bring back the sacrifices in the last part of the three and a half years or at the end of Daniels seventy week vision in Daniel chapter 9.

This sacrifice they make is not the sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin, but will be a sacrifice in that of persecuting Christians to death as they refuse to bow down to this Nebuchadnezzar type system. It’s like that of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Daniel Chapter 3 as they refused to bow down and worship the idols of Baal and God rescued them from the fire. The fulfillment of the times of the Gentile is that of the Gentiles that will not repent as they fulfill the prophecy of the beast and the false prophet that are thrown into the lake of fire with Satan at Gods final judgment.

Week is clearly defined as a 7 day period, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 21 days or "Three Full Weeks", there is no magic formula or meaning to make different Daniels 70 weeks or Daniels 3 weeks.

3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

What does Daniel fasting for three weeks have to do with a prophecy that spans a time frame from the command of king Cyrus to build a temple in 538 AD all the way through Messiah the Prince in 28 AD?

JLB

I agree his fast was only a literal 21 day fast as he was mourning the vision given to him about the 70 weeks. Daniel 9:24-27 was about the 70 weeks as this is what he was mourning as when you read chapters 10-12 the full vision is given him after he is strengthened of the final destruction of Jerusalem when the Gentiles destroy the city for the last time when the son of perdition takes its seat in Jerusalem and rules in the last 3 1/2 years of the end of days tribulations.

What does Daniel fasting for three weeks have to do with a prophecy that spans a time frame from the command of king Cyrus to build a temple in 538 AD all the way through Messiah the Prince in 28 AD?

JLB
Its your private interpretation that this spans from 538BC to 28AD, I strongly disagree.

Daniels 70 weeks is a future event of building the wall and street in Jerusalem, the 70 weeks will be 490 literal days in the "Future", the 70th literal week of 7 days will see the future "Antichrist" revealed to the world.

"We will disagree", the horse is really dead now, your on your own.

We have both clearly explained our positions "Several Times" I disagree with your day for year teaching, and this 70 week event being historically fulfilled.:horse

I agree these verses are speaking about future Jerusalem, but after the Gentiles destroy it, Rev 11, 13, it will never be rebuilt and restored as at the end of the 3 1/2 years of Gentile control of Jerusalem Jesus returns and makes an end of all abominations, Rev 19. After Satan is bound and let loose for a time for a final battle against the saints of God as he calls his army to surround the camp his army is consumed by fire and Satan finally cast into the lake of fire. This present earth and 1st heaven will pass away and the New Jerusalem ushered down from the third Heaven where God sits on His throne, Rev 21.

So no, the command given to Ezra by King Cyrus to build and restore Jerusalem unto the time of Messiah being baptized in 29AD is 490 prophetic years from the time of the command that Daniel speaks of in Daniel 9:24-27.

Revelation 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

This temple is not a literal temple that John is to measure as there never will be a third one built as the temple mount will never be given back to the Jews and here is the reason why. Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times all because Israel never repented of their sin of idolatry when they were allowed back into their land again in 538 BC after their seventy year Babylonian exile and the land fell under the leader of the Roman Empire that still has diplomatic ties with Jerusalem today.

When the second temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. by the Romans other Roman temples were built there and destroyed during various revolts up to the fourth century. From the fourth century the temple mount laid undeveloped until the Muslim Siege of Jerusalem in 637 CE. Between 689-691 CE the Muslims built the Dome of the Rock which stands today, but now under renovations that have to do with the prophecy of the son of perdition in 2 Thessalonians 2:2-4 and the great falling away before the return of Jesus.

John was to measure the Spiritual temple of God as being those who are truly in Christ through the Spiritual rebirth that worship Him in all truths, John 3:3-7, which make up the temple of God as being the body of Christ. The symbolic here represents God separating and protecting His people. The temple of God is no longer made by hand since the veil of the temple was torn from top to bottom, Matthew 27:50, 51; Acts 7:48-51. The temple of God is within man that has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that keeps himself undefiled before the Lord, Matthew 27:51; Mark 7:15-23; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17.

The outer court represents that of the control the Gentiles will once again have over the Holy city as they take full control over Jerusalem and trampled it for the last three and a half years of the seven years tribulation period. The first three and a half years begin with the opening of the seventh seal and the last three and a half beginning with the seventh trumpet as this explains the seven year tribulation that Jesus mentions in Matthew 24:21 as being the worst tribulation there has ever been nor will ever be again.

During this time once again the Roman Empire will take control of the temple mount in Jerusalem as a New World Order is even now being set up that will be one single world government of economic, political and religious power. They will bring back the sacrifices in the last part of the three and a half years or at the end of Daniels seventy week vision in Daniel chapter 9.

This sacrifice they make is not the sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin, but will be a sacrifice in that of persecuting Christians to death as they refuse to bow down to this Nebuchadnezzar type system. It’s like that of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Daniel Chapter 3 as they refused to bow down and worship the idols of Baal and God rescued them from the fire. The fulfillment of the times of the Gentile is that of the Gentiles that will not repent as they fulfill the prophecy of the beast and the false prophet that are thrown into the lake of fire with Satan at Gods final judgment.
I disagree with your 66-70AD fulfillment in the Roman Destruction of Jerusalem, and your symbolic representations of "God protecting his people"

There will be a future 70 literal weeks or 490 days in Jerusalem, where the wall and street will be built again, in the 70th week world armies will surround Jerusalem and stop the building, during this 7 day period the "Antichrist" of Daniel will be revealed as a human man of world peace.

We have expressed our opinions "Several Times" the horse is dead, you may have the last word :horse

Its your private interpretation that this spans from 538BC to 28AD, I strongly disagree.

Daniels 70 weeks is a future event of building the wall and street in Jerusalem, the 70 weeks will be 490 literal days in the "Future", the 70th literal week of 7 days will see the future "Antichrist" revealed to the world.

"We will disagree", the horse is really dead now, your on your own.

We have both clearly explained our positions "Several Times" I disagree with your day for year teaching, and this 70 week event being historically fulfilled.:horse

That’s just it, you haven’t clearly explained your position from the scope of the prophecy and the words that are used in all the verses.

You only seem to think that the prophecy pertains to rebuilding the street and the wall.

When I ask you to consider all the scriptures that pertain to this prophecy you just keep repeating one part of a verse from verse 25, while refusing to address the complete time span of the first 69 weeks which begins at the going forth of the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem and continues to run until Messiah the Prince.

I asked you if you understood what the phrase Messiah the Prince meant?

You refused to answer.

There is so much more to this prophecy than this part of a verse which says...

• The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.

The time span of the first 69 weeks begins at -

Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; ...

The command was given in 538 BC

When did Jesus arrive on the scene in Jerusalem?

Do you honestly believe Jesus arrived on the scene 1 year and 4 months and 3 Days
(483 Days) after the command was given by Cyrus to restore Jerusalem?

Can you please answer some the questions I have asked?

Is verse 25 outside of Daniel 9:24-27?

Even in troublesome times. Daniel 9:25

Do you think because the wall and street were rebuilt in troublesome times, that sums up the entire scope of the prophecy?

Do you understand what the phrase Messiah the Prince means and when it occurred ?

JLB

Back