Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sexual Union

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
R

rkc

Is oral sex (cunnalingus and fellatio) between husband and wife a sin?

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Lewis W said:
Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

That doesn't answer the OP's question. He's not commiting adultry and a whoremonger is a person that consorts with someone that is having sex freely with a prostitute (in todays terms, a "whore"...UGH. I HATE that word).

If it amounts to masturbation without the uniting of the man and woman as one flesh in the marrital act, they are. If not I leave it up to the couple.

Lewis W said:
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled
Nikki he is only to take the above part of that verse. There are 3 things talked about in that 1 verse.

ACK! I'm sorry...I went to reply to this post and accidentally edited your own post... :oops: :lol: . I fixed it though.

But does it specifically mention what the OP was asking about? (My bible is outside in the car...I'll look up the passage in a few)

Lewis W said:
Nikki he is only to take the above part of that verse. There are 3 things talked about in that 1 verse.

Nikki did you put the Bible in the car thing there ? Because I cannot get it out of my post, because I know I did not put it there. Peace and love sis.

Lewis W said:
[quote="Lewis W":34c05]

Nikki did you put the Bible in the car thing there ? Because I cannot get it out of my post, because I know I did not put it there. Peace and love sis.[/quote:34c05] :oops:

yeah, I went to hit "quote" when replying to you and instead, I accidentally hit "edit". I didn't notice until I went to reread something. I'm sorry and I fixed it.

I'm blonde, remember? I have an excuse. :lol:

rkc said:
Is oral sex (cunnalingus and fellatio) between husband and wife a sin?
Well, I did a fairly extensive search on this and couldnt find anything really restricting any particular 'act' by a man and his wife (other than Leviticus below)

All I really found were two things as it pertains to sexual matters between a husband and a wife.
1) no sex with anyone other than your covenant spouse.
2) come apart for a time by mutual consent to devote yourselves to prayer (1Co 7:5).

...other than that, Id have to say if someone puts an absolute restriction on you then they need to define it clearly with scripture.

There is too much 'interpretation' going on for words like "undefiled" (not here, but Ive seen it elsewhere)..folks pretending like they have some revelation from God about the true meaning of that word or something :roll:

There may be the issue also of sex during menstruation, that one appears to simply be a cleaness issue, but I have always abstained at that time just to be sure.
Even if it is only a cleaness issue, there could well be a good health related reason that it was brought up

(Lev 20:18) And if a man shall lie with a menstruous woman, and shall uncover her nakedness, he has discovered her fountain, and she has uncovered the fountain of her blood. And both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

(Lev 12:7) Who shall offer it before the LORD, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.

(Lev 15:19) And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.

(Lev 15:25) And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean.
But this is just me....I wouldnt judge anyone over it because I just dont know....

:)

Back