Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sexuality

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
some fifty years ago no human publicly or boldly talked about sex. they felt holier leaving it off completely in their discussions. but today, even the 5yo, know a great deal about it, and talk about it in coded languages. how did they know? The tv, magazines - the world taught them the wrong thing.

Sex is a beautiful thing if it's done the right way. Between a husband and wife to unite under God and of course enjoy because He wants us to enjoy each other.

Society tells us it's a natural human action and that we shouldn't be ashamed of sex. But in all honesty, younger adults do it because they have been told it's ok, it's normal. Given protection and told be safe about it. It's all over TV and the Internet. Oh it's just sex.

In my opinion, people are going to do whatever they want, but hopefully their parents teach them to have sex the right way, when you're married. Another thing, I believe that sex education should be in schools. Maybe even abstinence education. Not sure how far that will go in today's society but yeah know.

The sex education they have in schools today is less educational and more of a crash course in how to be promiscuous and get away with it. I have the same issue with DARE communities, until our town decided we needed drug education we didn't have a drug problem, now it's out of control. Bottomline, the parents aren't doing enough to teach their children because they're leaving it to the churches, and the churches aren't doing enough because they're leaving it to the parents, it's an endless cycle of delegation to the end of the children's Biblical ineptitude.

The sex education they have in schools today is less educational and more of a crash course in how to be promiscuous and get away with it. I have the same issue with DARE communities, until our town decided we needed drug education we didn't have a drug problem, now it's out of control. Bottomline, the parents aren't doing enough to teach their children because they're leaving it to the churches, and the churches aren't doing enough because they're leaving it to the parents, it's an endless cycle of delegation to the end of the children's Biblical ineptitude.

I agree. My parents told me about sex and how having sex before marriage is wrong in God's eyes. It goes back to the parents teaching their children. Yes churches help guide but parents are supposed to teach their children how to live when they become adults.

My dad told me, when I was older, that all the things he taught us weren't just to hear himself talk. He was telling us these things so we would remember them when we got older and had to figure it out. I'm so glad he did and I thank him for it.

I never got how people figure that it's too hard to wait until marriage for sex. Though on the other hand, not everyone deals with the same temptations.

I'm a bit in the middle, somewhat. Yes, I definitely believe in abstinence to marriage and all of that. But tbh I'm not quite sure that I'm in favor of strictly abstinence only programs. But neither am I in favor of being all "here's how you can do this without consequences". And there's also that no method short of surgery is 100% guaranteed to prevent pregnancy...and surgery won't prevent STDs. So it makes sense to be celibate until you're in the right circumstances.

Last edited:
Sex is not just physical...the spiritual side of it is incredible and weighs more!!! Not only should we emphasis the physical side of it, the spiritual side is also very important - if not more important.

Sex is not just physical...the spiritual side of it is incredible and weighs more!!! Not only should we emphasis the physical side of it, the spiritual side is also very important - if not more important.

I agree.The union of a husband and wife in Gods eyes! It is a beautiful spiritual thing!

Here we have a symbol of sex at our nations capital..

wash-1.jpg

tob
I went on a school trip to Washington DC in 1976. If memory serves me correctly the Washington Monument was dysfunctional that day and we could not go inside.

So what did the bible teach you about sexuality.
It's to be practiced in marriage only, with only one person of the opposite sex, in a committed life-long relationship. All governed by the golden rule do for them what, and only what, you would want done for you if you were in their place.

Other guidance on the subject:
Stay away from someone else's spouse. Don't even covet them in your heart.
Do not deprive your spouse except by mutual agreement, and only for a while (if you are weak).
Take responsibility for the children your sexual activity produces.

Have I missed any?

It's to be practiced in marriage only, with only one person of the opposite sex, in a committed life-long relationship. All governed by the golden rule do for them what, and only what, you would want done for you if you were in their place.

Other guidance on the subject:
Stay away from someone else's spouse. Don't even covet them in your heart.
Do not deprive your spouse except by mutual agreement, and only for a while (if you are weak).
Take responsibility for the children your sexual activity produces.

Have I missed any?
No, seems like the American dream alright.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back