Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sharia Law Comes to Dearborn, Michigan.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No it hasn't

its just like saying, the Gay Agenda has come to San francisco California. The Red Commies have come to China town New York. The Mexicans are taking our homeland.

Its a scare tactic. Also the video never showed us what the group was trying to show the people. They were asked to not proselytize at the festival, and kept inciting teh people.

Its like running into Walmart shouting Union. Its not illegal, but Walmart has every right to kick you out.

Christians will be allowed to practice their religion and live without hijabs and get drunk and do much of what they do now.
/QUOTE]
This comment might need some explaining as I might be reading you wrong. Are you equating drunkeness with Christianity? You have spent so much time trying to defend Islam against stereotypes. Yet you make it clear that the focus on Christianity is drunkeness. You could have said "Go to church" or "Worship Jesus" or "join together in fellowship", but you would rather use something derogatory. I truly believe you should reconsider your analogies when comparing Christians to anything.

No it hasn't

its just like saying, the Gay Agenda has come to San francisco California. The Red Commies have come to China town New York. The Mexicans are taking our homeland.

Its a scare tactic. Also the video never showed us what the group was trying to show the people. They were asked to not proselytize at the festival, and kept inciting the people.

Its like running into Walmart shouting Union. Its not illegal, but Walmart has every right to kick you out.

Imagine that! Gays have no agenda to promote their life style. There are no commies in New york? And when Mexicans say they are going to take over America, they are just joking. And so you believe that Christians have no right to proselytize. Ahhhh, yep. :bigfrown

this is about sharia laws, lets not turn into the noahide laws or what not.

its about islam not judiaism in this thread.

All any group needs for change is a majority, and the best way to do that when your a minority is to quietly grow while making "friends" with the current majority.

Every group has an agenda. We run a risk in the US of thinking that our constitution will protect us from radical changes.

All any group needs for change is a majority, and the best way to do that when your a minority is to quietly grow while making "friends" with the current majority.

Every group has an agenda. We run a risk in the US of thinking that our constitution will protect us from radical changes.

true , the entire of bill of rights by a majority vote can be undone by another amemdment, case in point the repeal of the prohibition.

Imagine that! Gays have no agenda to promote their life style. There are no commies in New york? And when Mexicans say they are going to take over America, they are just joking. And so you believe that Christians have no right to proselytize. Ahhhh, yep. :bigfrown
Nice, I didn't say any of that. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe what ever you want.

The gays secretly want to do stuff, the commies are here doing stuff, the Muslims are doing stuff, and everyone is forced to listen to you.

Have a happy fear mongering.

that video is sad ...

why are certain people always afraid FIRST of what they don't understand ... :bigfrown ... the 'security' were just bullies ...

Nice, I didn't say any of that. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe what ever you want.

The gays secretly want to do stuff, the commies are here doing stuff, the Muslims are doing stuff, and everyone is forced to listen to you.

Have a happy fear mongering.
You implied that I was imagining vain things.

i love the messianic judaism singer paul wilbur. pray for my grandma who is a practing hebrew and needs the lord.

I posted a similar comment in the other thread that wasn't specifically about Dearborn. Living in the outskirts of Detroit and a little over a half-hour from Dearborn, I can't say I see Sharia Law coming, but the courts did side with them in being allowed to ring their bells calling for prayer though out the day, while a Christian church was ordered to reduce the volume of their bells. I can't say "how loud" the bells coming from the church were, but the Muslim bells are loud enough to be heard through out the city. And it's not a small city.

We have pockets of ethnic cultures here, and I don't believe it's different in and around other major cities. I have to say though, the tension between the Muslim culture and the others in the area seems more combustible than with other cultural divides. With Dearborn being such a prominently Muslim area, anything that appears to be contrary to their faith is seen as a threat to keeping the peace. Someone passing out Christian literature or asking questions at a community fair should not be deemed as threatening, but it's gotten to that point. I don't care what the religion is. When people are forced to cease passing out literature or discussing their faith in the public square, we have a problem.

You bet, if this was another kind of group in this video, the ACLU would be on the spot, defending them, but the ACLU doesn't have anything to do with "liberties". The authorities in the area of Dearborn know what will happen if Christianity is promoted in that area. They will keep the peace, even if it represents a clear violation of rights. It's unsettling to say the least, living in this area.

Mike I ahve a quick question. I meant to ask you this in the other thread.

Are you sure that Mosques were permitted to "ring bells' - I ask because in Islam, the ringing of bells to call to prayer is specifically forbidden, are you sure its not the use of a loud speaker that was permitted?

Thanks for pointing this out. Actually, now that I think of it, it is a "call to prayer" that is sung over speakers, not bells.

I will say also, that the video here shows a clear violation of rights, but I also believe they made their point and didn't need to press as long as they did. When they realized they were creating a disturbance, it seems a better approach would be to turn off the cameras and try to diffuse the situation. We shouldn't back down from defending the Truth. The apostles didn't.

Acts 4
" 18Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. 19But Peter and John replied, "Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. 20For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard."

I'm not saying to stop sharing the Gospel, but there comes a point in a given situation where you're doing more harm than good. The Muslims don't come off looking good, but I don't think the people with the video cameras come off looking any better. I would say turn off the video and try to find someone in charge. Try to establish a situation more conducive to actual dialogue. Both sides were guilty of creating a unnecessary level of tension.

From the beginning, the Muslims would have been better served to invite the questions. But we only have the video from the Christians' perspective. I don't know what kind of posture a third (unbiased) camera would have picked up. If they went in there clearly trying to provoke them - not Christ-like and not good, IMO.

- the constitution explicitly prohibits a religious govt - so in order for a Muslim govt to take power - the constitution would have to be abolished.QUOTE]

However, we have judges who legislate from the bench and twist the constitution to force their personal beliefs. As such it isn't out of the question or even unlikely.

Back