Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Should Christian women be able to teach Christian men?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
for_his_glory ... I am clear on your position regarding teaching men... Can I ask you then... Does this mean man is not the head of the household? Is that mis-interpreted also?? I am just curious as to your position... as I cannot see that God would say yes in one instance and whatever in the next.

for_his_glory ... I am clear on your position regarding teaching men... Can I ask you then... Does this mean man is not the head of the household? Is that mis-interpreted also?? I am just curious as to your position... as I cannot see that God would say yes in one instance and whatever in the next.
Man is to be the Spiritual head of his own household as being the Spiritual overseer of his family instructing them in the ways of the Lord, although many decisions within the household also need to be made in agreement as both being one of the same mind. If my husband wants to buy something like a car or some other expensive item he comes to me and we talk about it and make a rational decision. Now if I am stepping out of the boundaries of God's will then my husband needs to reel me back in and I him.

As far as the church I do not see a women taking Spiritual authority over the men that are given Spiritual authority by Christ being the head of the church (body of Christ), but where men lack Spiritually authority then I see God using a woman that He gives this to. When we read of the Spiritual gifts given by the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians it mentions nothing about men or women, but to covet the best gifts you are given. I have been given the gift of teaching and I would think God would intend that to be teaching anyone, whether a man or a woman.

Thank you for this in-depth answer... I feel so special... that you spent all that time for me... LOL

I suppose some people think this is a serious issue.... for me... I don't think I would attend a church with a female pastor... but I can't tell you why exactly... which is no big deal... and I don't even attend church because I live in a small city and there really isn't much choice when it comes to churches.

I understand about myself that I am not the submissive kind... lol... I have severe trust issues... and I am not comfortable with men at all... therefore single is the life for me. With that said... I love the biblical definition of marriage... The tragedy I feel is that so many men mis-understand what being the head of the house-hold entails... they are all for being the boss but not so much fond of loving their wives as Christ loves the church... ( That was a blanket statement and I hate those.... I will change it to SOME Christian men... LOL )

Thank you for this in-depth answer... I feel so special... that you spent all that time for me... LOL

I suppose some people think this is a serious issue.... for me... I don't think I would attend a church with a female pastor... but I can't tell you why exactly... which is no big deal... and I don't even attend church because I live in a small city and there really isn't much choice when it comes to churches.

I understand about myself that I am not the submissive kind... lol... I have severe trust issues... and I am not comfortable with men at all... therefore single is the life for me. With that said... I love the biblical definition of marriage... The tragedy I feel is that so many men mis-understand what being the head of the house-hold entails... they are all for being the boss but not so much fond of loving their wives as Christ loves the church... ( That was a blanket statement and I hate those.... I will change it to SOME Christian men... LOL )
It truly doesn't matter if a man or a woman teaches me as long as what they teach lines up with the word of God. So many try to make scripture fit their traditional teachings of mans doctrines and theories. I am the same as I am from a small community of around 2000 moving here nine months ago and refuse to go to a church that is not teaching the truth of the Doctrines of Christ for what He has already taught. I've probably learnt more here at CF then I ever have sitting in a church. There are good word churches out there, but have not found any here.

In Christianity the definition of an Elder is a person who is valued for wisdom and holds a position of responsibility and authority in a Christian group. There is no difference between pastors and elders. the two terms refer to one and the same NT church office. It is only God that calls whoever He choses and anoints them to His calling. I stand firm in my explanation in Post #71. I do not expect you or anyone to agree with me.
Except that you have chosen to ignore the facts In Ephesians 4:11 where five ministries are given. An Elder is not one of them so it is obvious a different ministry to that of a shepherd.

Nevertheless you are right. And sad to say it filters into the church inasmuch as too many pastors rule the roost rather than being a servant to their congregation.

I checked up on a website that advertised jobs for pastors. Only three wanted men of prayer and non wanted a servant. They nearly all wanted men that could make things happen.

Speaks volumes.

I was speaking to Adoration not you or anyone else, telling him "You have every right to voice your heart and thoughts without scripture as they are your views and opinions and no one has the right to debate them if they disagree with you."

I was responding to what Adoration wrote in his post #50 about not using scripture when he shares his heart or thoughts. How does one use scripture in this instance.
And here I was thinking this was a public forum which anyone could join and make comments. We live and learn.

Then why not try to respect what others give in their views and understanding instead of telling them what they post is not relevant to the topic. Why does it offend you in what others bring to the topic as how can one's views and opinions in how they understand be offensive to anyone.
Being autistic (did you read my intro?) I don't get offended.

Are you not doing the same thing with 1Timothy 3:1 -16 and Titus 1:5-16 without understanding the full context beginning in Genesis! Members here are giving their views and opinions as they express their understandings, but yet you seem to dishonor their views and opinions. It's good to ask questions, but it is also good to respect where others are coming from in their views and opinions.

Biblical Growth and Study forum is not a place to debate and argue with each other. It's a forum to build up and encourage one another in the word of God even if we disagree with each other. Please keep this in mind in how you reply to other members.
No I am not doing the same thing. Far from it. In case you did not know you cannot make any case for someone being an Elder by ignoring the passages (not verse) in Timothy and Titus. They are the seminal verses for the subject, so one has ALWAYS to begin there when discussing the topic.

Respecting other views is subjective especially if they are contrary to scripture. I expect people to correct my comments if they are contrary to scripture. Only the insecure object to that happening according to my psychology lecturer.

If what you say is true, who do you debate and argue with me all the time? I have yet to see a single positive comment from you so you need to check your attitude.

Let's take this back to the very beginning of God creating male and female as much of the Bible is written as being masculine language.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Notice in vs. 27 in the use of the word "him" as referring to both male and female. We also read this again in Genesis 5:1-2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. God created Adam, a name that refers to mankind or humanity in Hebrew, in two genders as male and female. The singular masculine is used to refer collectively to both male and female genders.

Throughout the Bible we see such verses like 1 Timothy 3:1-2 as being masculine language as we read "husband of one wife". This phrase is gender inclusive rather than gender exclusive because the masculine language is often used to incorporate women in scripture just like Genesis 1:26-27 and 5:1-2. It's the same with using the word "brethren" as it refers to both male and female from the first page of scripture to the last page of scripture.

There is an even stronger connection between the masculine singular and gender inclusivity in 1Timothy 3:1 -16 and Titus 1:5-16. Regarding the office of Pastor means that women are not prohibited from serving as Pastor if God calls them. The Holy Spirit gives the gifts He pleases as we read in 1 Corinthians 12 meaning that no woman is barred from any Spiritual gift or office because of her gender. Nowhere in scripture does it say women can not be Pastors or Evangelist.
I never said they could not. I have said every time women cannot be Elders. A pastor or an evangelist are not Elders. And I have got a feeling in your comments here you have a thing against men. Not a good place to start from because that produces prejudice.

TOS 1.3 violation. — Stovebolts
Where is your explanation of these verses I was asking of you to explain.
On my computer and the fact that your asking this question tells me that you are not interested the validity of these scriptures. All you want is an argument to try and put down a man.

Except that you have chosen to ignore the facts In Ephesians 4:11 where five ministries are given. An Elder is not one of them so it is obvious a different ministry to that of a shepherd.
Just because it does not mention Elder it is still the same as a Pastor. Go look it up. I will not debate this.

And here I was thinking this was a public forum which anyone could join and make comments. We live and learn.
I gave you the reason why as my comment was directed at Adoration and no one else. There was no reason for anyone else to respond.

Passing on a message does not qualify you to be an Elder as you seem to think.
I never said it did, but Mary Magdalene was the first to bring the good news of the Gospel of Christ where He said in three days He would rise from the tomb as she proclaimed this to the disciples as she was a witness and testified of the risen Christ.

No I am not doing the same thing. Far from it. In case you did not know you cannot make any case for someone being an Elder by ignoring the passages (not verse) in Timothy and Titus. They are the seminal verses for the subject, so one has ALWAYS to begin there when discussing the topic.

Respecting other views is subjective especially if they are contrary to scripture. I expect people to correct my comments if they are contrary to scripture. Only the insecure object to that happening according to my psychology lecturer.

If what you say is true, who do you debate and argue with me all the time? I have yet to see a single positive comment from you so you need to check your attitude.
You will respect the views and opinions of others as that is what I am giving within my understanding. I have never said believe me as I am right and others are wrong. I do not argue nor debate, but only discuss that of indifferences. It goes beyond just one or two verses in order to know the full context as I'm not sure if any of us know for a surety, especially when the Bible is written in a masculine tone.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back