Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I will be guided by the Holy Spirit, who is neither male nor female, and in whose company, God willing, I shall spend eternity.

You can follow the teaching of Paul if you like, who was trying his hardest to draw the Jews with their ancient traditions into the Christian Church.

The things of which you speak have no bearing on our salvation, they are merely ancient Jewish earthly traditions that do not apply to Greek or Gentile, and I am not from a Jewish background.

Remember, Paul had in his company female prophets and teachers. A person's gender has nothing to do with the things of God.

I will be guided by the Holy Spirit, who is neither male nor female, and in whose company, God willing, I shall spend eternity.
You sound unsure you that you are truly saved.

You can follow the teaching of Paul if you like, who was trying his hardest to draw the Jews with their ancient traditions into the Christian Church.

Are you suggesting that Paul's teachings are not inspired and written by Holy Spirit through him? What about Peter and John?

Remember, Paul had in his company female prophets and teachers. A person's gender has nothing to do with the things of God.

The Lords leaders in the church will always be limited to men per the Scriptures. However, if you only obey the teachings of what Jesus said, you know, the red letters and all, then it is game on in belief.

Born again, baptized Christians who have also been baptized with the Spirit, have a choice every single day whether to walk according to the Spirit, or to walk according to the flesh.

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. Galatians 5:16-17

JLB
Born again, baptized Christians who have also been baptized with the Spirit, have a choice every single day whether to walk according to the Spirit, or to walk according to the flesh.

Please clarify baptized with the Spirit.

Please clarify baptized with the Spirit.
Words of Christ in red.

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." Acts 1:4-5

JLB

Words of Christ in red.

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." Acts 1:4-5

JLB
Agreed. The apostles had to wait until the day of Pentecost to be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

After that, all believer's are baptized with the Holy Spirit at the time of salvation.

Me too!
The Spirit doesn't tell folks to pick out which scripture to obey, and to disobey others.
His commands in the NT are to obey what Jesus and His apostles taught.
No doubt Paul wanted the Jews, as well as the Gentiles he met, to come to Christ.
But so did all the apostles.
But both are subject to the same teachings.
In this case, that women are not to usurp authority over men.
The things of which you speak have no bearing on our salvation, they are merely ancient Jewish earthly traditions that do not apply to Greek or Gentile, and I am not from a Jewish background.
Better rethink that.
"A little leaven, leaveneth the whole lump".
If you are willing to throw one teaching away, all the rest are also subject to disposal.
Is modest dress and shame facedness also disposable?
He periodically had the company of a wife of a teacher, Aquila, but I am not aware of any others.

Oh yeah.
Is allowing women to preach to men of the flesh?
Yes, as it is anti-scriptural.
And for Christians, (those reborn of God' seed), the flesh, along with the vile affections and lusts have been crucified.
No "flesh", no sin !!!
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. Galatians 5:16-17
There you go !
Now, what did YOU once wish when you were still walking after the flesh?
Well, you can't do it anymore and still say you walk in the Spirit.
Which means the flesh wasn't crucified with Christ and you are not Christ's. (Gal 5:24)

Agreed. The apostles had to wait until the day of Pentecost to be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

After that, all believer's are baptized with the Holy Spirit at the time of salvation.
Baptized by/with the Holy Ghost on the day of judgement?
Isn't that too late?
I received the gift of the Holy Ghost after I turned from sin and was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins. (Acts 2:38)
That gift is the seal, or down payment, for my faithfulness. (2 Cor 1:22)
I won't be "saved" until I find my name is in the book of life.
Then I will declare God's judgement...and not before.

Isn't that too late?
I received the gift of the Holy Ghost after I turned from sin and was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins. (Acts 2:38)
That gift is the seal, or down payment, for my faithfulness. (2 Cor 1:22)
I won't be "saved" until I find my name is in the book of life.
Then I will declare God's judgement...and not before.
Isn't that too late?

Not sure about that quote.

But I agree with the rest. I know there are some that will say the baptized in Christ is not the same as baptized in/with the Holy Spirit.

They are the same.

Not sure about that quote.
Which quote?
But I agree with the rest. I know there are some that will say the baptized in Christ is not the same as baptized in/with the Holy Spirit.
As Rom 6:3 says we are baptized into Christ, along with it's likening to "burial, and "planting", it is clear this baptism is with water, and by men.
The gift of the Holy Ghost, however, is done by God.
They are the same.
One we do, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, but the other is done by God.

Not according to scripture.

Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. Acts 8:14-17

• For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

• Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

JLB

by one spirit are we baptized into the body
Amen to that, but..."And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor 6:11)
"in the name of the Lord Jesus" (for the remission of sins...Acts 2:38, 22:16), AND by the Spirit of our God.
Two parts are in the mix.
Water baptism provided the washing, the justification and the sanctifying, (Heb 10:10,14), in the name of Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:38)
The gift of the Holy Ghost is in response to that, with a few exceptions meant to teach a lesson.

Me too!
The Spirit doesn't tell folks to pick out which scripture to obey, and to disobey others.
His commands in the NT are to obey what Jesus and His apostles taught.

No doubt Paul wanted the Jews, as well as the Gentiles he met, to come to Christ.
But so did all the apostles.
But both are subject to the same teachings.
In this case, that women are not to usurp authority over men.

Better rethink that.
"A little leaven, leaveneth the whole lump".
If you are willing to throw one teaching away, all the rest are also subject to disposal.
Is modest dress and shame facedness also disposable?

He periodically had the company of a wife of a teacher, Aquila, but I am not aware of any others.
Melchizedek is dead, we have a new eternal High Priest, and we live in a new dispensation. The old order is no more, it has been disposed of.

that was in acts we no longer have to lay hands on someone to get the holy spirit. all that happens at the new birth

Unfortunately that's just your opinion, shaped by your denominational teaching and is totally unscriptural.

Basically you just said because it's in the Bible, it's not true.

JLB

Unfortunately that's just your opinion, shaped by your denominational teaching and is totally unscriptural.

Basically you just said because it's in the Bible, it's not true.

JLB
since when do i need someone to lay hands on me to get the Holy Ghost?

2 Corinthians 1:20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 21Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Romans 8:9​

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

1 Corinthians 12:13​

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

btw just how do you know my denominational teaching? YOU DONT btw nice attack

the Holy SPIRIT COMES / is given to us the very moment we are saved. from there we grow and learn of the things of the spirt/led of /to know when He is talking to us.

we have a unction the indwelling presence of the Spirit / Discernment..

while i realize you think you know it all.. please note i never said i did not believe in laying on of HANDS.. we only lay on the hands and pray .God does the rest through the Holy Spirit . anything else?

since when do i need someone to lay hands on me to get the Holy Ghost?

2 Corinthians 1:20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 21Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Romans 8:9​

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

1 Corinthians 12:13​

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

btw just how do you know my denominational teaching? YOU DONT btw nice attack

the Holy SPIRIT COMES / is given to us the very moment we are saved. from there we grow and learn of the things of the spirt/led of /to know when He is talking to us.

we have a unction the indwelling presence of the Spirit / Discernment..

while i realize you think you know it all.. please note i never said i did not believe in laying on of HANDS.. we only lay on the hands and pray .God does the rest through the Holy Spirit . anything else?
The above is for those who admit they are sinners:-
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23)
“If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:10)

For those who repent of their sins:-
Jesus said: “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:5)

For those who believe that Jesus Christ died for them:-
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

For those who:-
“confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)

And who:-
“call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)

Then:-
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” (John 1:12)

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

What to pray:-
Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.

he above is for those who admit they are sinners
:screwloose2:screwloose2 so then tell me when does the HOLY SPIRIT come to us? at the new birth or someone laying hands on you... the spirit comes to us at the new birth. read your Bible and the scriptures i posted is a promise to us sealed and giveb the earnest of the spirit the Moment we are saved

What I mean by "imposing authority" is to seize the spiritual office of pastor/teacher. Women ain't called to that. So when a woman does that she is imposing her authority on the church that she does not have. And Paul says she doesn't have that authority by reason of creation, and the fall. It has nothing to do with changeable cultural norms or anything else that would cause Paul's instruction to not be valid today. It has everything to do with man being made head of woman, and that the woman was deceived by satan, not the man.

Jethro,

That's your version of "imposing authority" of the meaning of authanteiv. Why couldn't it mean imposing authority means the gift of bishop is prevented from women having that authority?

Oz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back