Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Show your Desktop

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
5jZVK.jpg

I would participate in this thread, but it's just annoying that I can't simply upload a photo to the thread like on other boards.

This has to be the post of the day:
5jZVK.jpg

Nice desktop, Scootaloo. A beautiful solar eclipse in the clouds as seen from a plane. Very nice! Also, nice uploads!!! I bookmarked that page and I'll probably switch desktops each day!

Here's from my same (laptop) computer this time with a picture. The first desktop was generic wallpaper that came with the OS, but I liked the color and texture of it. (I have another computer that also runs this OS and looks similar).

View attachment 2266

Last edited by a moderator:
I would participate in this thread, but it's just annoying that I can't simply upload a photo to the thread like on other boards.

Pizzaguy:

It's easy to upload a screenshot. Just take a picture of your desktop, save it, and then click the "insert image" icon. It will ask if you want to upload a picture from a URL or your computer. Choose your computer and then navigate to the folder and file name that you named your desktop picture.

The "insert image" icon is the 6th one from the RIGHT of your reply tool bar --- the same line as the B I U, etc. for formatting. It should work.

Nice desktop, Scootaloo. A beautiful solar eclipse in the clouds as seen from a plane. Very nice! Also, nice uploads!!! I bookmarked that page and I'll probably switch desktops each day!

Here's from my same (laptop) computer this time with a picture. The first desktop was generic wallpaper that came with the OS, but I liked the color and texture of it. (I have another computer that also runs this OS and looks similar).

View attachment 2642

You know that you can set a slideshow of pictures that you've chosen to be your desktop? You can actually download a bunch of pictures, and then set them all as your desktop. Then you can set them to change every minute, 5 minutes, 20 minutes, hour, 2 hours, or 24 hours, I think.

Pizzaguy:

It's easy to upload a screenshot. Just take a picture of your desktop, save it, and then click the "insert image" icon. It will ask if you want to upload a picture from a URL or your computer. Choose your computer and then navigate to the folder and file name that you named your desktop picture.

The "insert image" icon is the 6th one from the RIGHT of your reply tool bar --- the same line as the B I U, etc. for formatting. It should work.
View attachment 2267

Ok, it worked, but it lost a lot, being shrunk like that!

You know that you can set a slideshow of pictures that you've chosen to be your desktop? You can actually download a bunch of pictures, and then set them all as your desktop. Then you can set them to change every minute, 5 minutes, 20 minutes, hour, 2 hours, or 24 hours, I think.

Yeah, I can't do that right now. But I can download an app to do that for me, I'll probably try later. I guess I'm from the old school of thought. It never even occurred to me to change background pictures by themselves! :lol

Yeah, I can't do that right now. But I can download an app to do that for me, I'll probably try later. I guess I'm from the old school of thought. It never even occurred to me to change background pictures by themselves! :lol
Oh no! Rotating backgrounds has been a feature in Windows for years! Is this a plus for Microsloth? :lol

Ahhh...bide a wee at Rivendell? ;)

Pardonez vous? :lol

If you mean my desktop background, it ain't Rivendell. :) It's actually an artists impression based on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. video-game trilogy which is set in the irradiated zone surrounding the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. Cheery! :biglol

Now that I look at it, it does look amazingly similar to Rivendell!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I get it... You want us to right click the desktop and hide the icons first and then make the screenshot, right? ;) Seriously, my desktop would scare you. I have more icons than the screen itself can fit, so to see them all I have to use an explorer window. :lol I'm a URL shortcut fiend.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back