Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sid Roth's It's Supernatural...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Do you guys and gals like this show? Do you think it's real?

I've watched it on and off for years now, and the Lord has quickened my spirit at some things in the show, to let me know it IS true. I think that Sid has had a couple phonies on over the years, but that mostly his guests are real. I've had the urge to post the vids here before, but have always stopped myself, because I don't know how it would be received. Or if it would be deleted...

What do you think?

Listing to the guy speak was like listing to used car sales man... the rushing raised voice the quick tempo .. we should remember there were spiritual advisers for Nancy Reagan before Hilary ..

Maybe we each have a supernatural story of our own and don't need his.
Our faith is pretty supernatural !
How does one believe in something that cannot be seen?

But, I agree. Some are certainly true, and Others may not be.
I've seen the program but it's not on my "to watch" list.

Different persons have different needs.
Whatever brings one closer to God is good, as long as evil in not involved.

A prophet of God is never wrong...
I like the show because he does have people on that speak of the supernatural. There aren't many Christian shows that talk about this subject of our faith. Like you, I can tell who have been fibbing.

I feel same as you Edward some times it seemed real other times I felt something was not right in the story.

Same. Some guests I think are legit, some questionable. I still watch old episodes on Youtube.

nope ... i am responding to posts i quoted ... God is not a man that He should lie.. when the, used car salesmen type, preachers start exaggerating it is so very sad...
Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

For the record I fully believe God gave Grandma back to my mom... I believe in , what we most often call the supernatural power of God , for me it is just God being natural...:)
about 90 years ago Mom woke her mom up to take her potty... Grandma got back in bed .. Grampa noticed something was not right... He checked Grandma... could not hear heat beat ... could not see breath on the mirror .. Grandpa started praying..a couple/few hours worth,,
How much of this family story is exact i dont know ... Could Grandma have been in a comma of sorts ? again dont know...
What i do know we were blessed to have Grandma about 42 more years... :)

Here is the car salesmans version...
mother being about 4 years of age . Had a fear of the long dark hall ... she did not want to wake Grandma ... At 4 fear most often wins.. Mom quietly slipped in beside Grandma bed ..mommy mommy she whispered i need to go potty... wake up mommy. .. .. Like mom's do Grandma woke and took mom down the long dark hall letting grandpa know..She tucked mom back into bed got her settled down... the 4 year old at peace...Grandma heads back to bed...After a bit Grandpa wakes with a start. Senses in his spirit something is terribly wrong.. Not wanting his only child to grow -up believing she scared her mother to death .. Grandpa panics What to do.. no phone .. no neighbours ... He puts his ear to grandmas chest hoping to hear a heart beat... he hears nothing .... over and over .. His head and heart are pounding ... Our little Toad ( his pet name for mom) will know she scared her mother to death . He tries the breath on the mirror .. is she breathing ..IS SHE BREATHING? . When the first shock is fading he remembers to pray .. and pray he did til mornings light.. We had grandma for over 40 years...

The facts are in the first story... the second is a sales pitch.. That is just my view.. How i see it... Do i believe in God's miracles You bet i do
do i know man thinks God needs his help you bet i do..

nope ... i am responding to posts i quoted ... God is not a man that He should lie.. when the, used car salesmen type, preachers start exaggerating it is so very sad...
Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
I believe in Gods super natural powers also. I was one you quoted; I dont recall saying anything about God.
I was talking about the guest on Sid's show.

I believe in Gods super natural powers also. I was one you quoted; I dont recall saying anything about God.
I was talking about the guest on Sid's show.

Which is exactly my point ... if the guest were of God you would have not " felt something was not right in the story."

I feel same as you Edward some times it seemed real other times I felt something was not right in the story.

Same. Some guests I think are legit, some questionable. I still watch old episodes on Youtube.

I hadn't even heard of the show for it's first 25 years. When I found it on youtube, it had enough real guests on it that I got real interested and dug through their archives. I watched a lot of them. And the Lord would quicken my spirit within me to tell me, It's true...That part is very very clear. And I didn't get quickened in all of the episodes, so this makes sense.

What is so exciting about a miracle, it has nothing to do with your faith. Look at those that followed Jesus, they got a miracle a day and meant absolutely nothing to them. I believe in miracles, you can't know God and serve Him and not have things happen in your life. They are very meaningless to me, knowing Him is the power to follow and love Him and His creation.
I have known many of the faith healers and was one at one time. Never again, you just don't know what goes on with most of them, they will take you for a ride.

Sid Roth has leaned towards the "supernatural" aspects of stuff for decades now.
If someone had a story about miraculous healings or how silver water could heal diseases and cancer it was on his program.
He was a great promoter of anything dealing with conspiracy theories and prophecy as well. What Art Bell is to aliens... Sid Roth is to Christiandom.

And there's a market for that kind of stuff.
Not a huge one but it exists.

I've watched his show over the years on and off. I agree there are some on there that are transparent in phoniness. While there are others that I get the feeling are genuine. Discernment is what I think Roth's show gives me practice in.

That doesn't mean God can't heal or give us miracles, He can do anything that pleases Him. "He spoke and it was, He commanded and it stood still."
Enquirering minds always want to Know God after the flesh. "We are to know nothing after the flesh as Christians, not even Jesus." We wonder why we judge each other like we sit on a throne, and need a miracle because you're life, not His, is so frustrated and confused you don't know what to believe. Do I believe my flesh or should I serve God, shame on Christianity for letting itself be fooled by shenanigans.

That doesn't mean God can't heal or give us miracles, He can do anything that pleases Him. "He spoke and it was, He commanded and it stood still."
Enquirering minds always want to Know God after the flesh. "We are to know nothing after the flesh as Christians, not even Jesus." We wonder why we judge each other like we sit on a throne, and need a miracle because you're life, not His, is so frustrated and confused you don't know what to believe. Do I believe my flesh or should I serve God, shame on Christianity for letting itself be fooled by shenanigans.

While I do agree with you Brother, point well made, I must say that ten years ago or so when I was barely a babe in Christ, that Sid Roth's program helped to encourage my faith very much so, and it also put to rest in my mind...that miracles are no more or were just for the Apostles. Because of that, I was able to receive quite a few blessings from the Lord instead of rejecting them in unbelief. So that's a good thing!

Even though Sid Roth may have let the money thing get to him after awhile or whatever, (God knoweth) the Lord was still able to use that to reach me and stir up my heart and faith somewhat. That's how God rolls! He can take what is bad and make it turn to a good, for those who love Him.

We should be careful as believers to not seek the miracles of God first...but an intimate relationship with Him. And He will come!

Of course you are right. God can do anything.
Sid Roth just gives everyone a platform. And occasionally he actually has a guest speaker that actually has something of real value to express or explain. It's not often in his genre's venue but occasionally he does.
There are miracles happening all around us regularly. But they aren't flashy like a sign and wonder of Old. God created the natural order of things...for a good reason and can work miracles inside of that system. It seems supernatural to us.

"Blessed are the pure/holy/passionate of heart for they shall see God" is true. (And sometimes where He has been)

While I do agree with you Brother, point well made, I must say that ten years ago or so when I was barely a babe in Christ, that Sid Roth's program helped to encourage my faith very much so, and it also put to rest in my mind...that miracles are no more or were just for the Apostles. Because of that, I was able to receive quite a few blessings from the Lord instead of rejecting them in unbelief. So that's a good thing!

Even though Sid Roth may have let the money thing get to him after awhile or whatever, (God knoweth) the Lord was still able to use that to reach me and stir up my heart and faith somewhat. That's how God rolls! He can take what is bad and make it turn to a good, for those who love Him.

We should be careful as believers to not seek the miracles of God first...but an intimate relationship with Him. And He will come!
I agree, I am not picking on sid. What I have seen you really don't discuss with the body, not necessary.
I put out now is what I see as the Fathers will for His children. It's not flashy, it doesn't move most, but the hungry.
He uses all things, but all things are not always expedient.
I know most of the pros; referring to the money preachers, Christianity does not understand what they actually do, it's simply a business.
Again not referring too those like Sid and many others that I believe may have a form of helps.
A few years back, I could take all your money and have you feeling good about it, blessed.
I know who wear the ear pieces, and most of the trickery that is used.
I had friends that actually did time for their shenanigans.
I was spared, why I do not know, I did the same thing to my shame.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back