Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Signs in the sun, moon and the stars...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You know of a lot of married virgins?
So men are not asking their wives for sex for the entirety of the marriage.
Run that one past any person on the street and see what their response is.
Maybe you should ask her yourself...
Apparitions are always at the same time, It is known where and when they happen. Many times people have questions and request for Our Lady. They ask the seers to ask the Lady.
If deceased Pope John Paul. II. decided for pilgrimage to Međugorje and came there from the other world, captured on camera as a glowing figure in white, then you might go there as well, and ask her if she was truly a virgin...
I was recently on one of the Tolkien forums, designed just for his literature, and we were discussing how this scene reminds of the "Gandalf the white" scene from "Lord of the rings" movies/books.

Apparitions are always at the same time, It is known where and when they happen. Many times people have questions and request for Our Lady. They ask the seers to ask the Lady.
If deceased Pope John Paul. II. decided for pilgrimage to Međugorje and came there from the other world, captured on camera as a glowing figure in white, then you might go there as well, and ask her if she was truly a virgin...
I was recently on one of the Tolkien forums, designed just for his literature, and we were discussing how this scene reminds of the "Gandalf the white" scene from "Lord of the rings" movies/books.

What in the world are you talking about?
I asked is you knew many virgin married couples.

I honestly believe there is a large portion of mankind that remains virgin their whole life, so I don't see anything strange if the mother of Jesus was one of them...

Seeing that she had a husband is a good indication that she would have lost her virginity.I see no reason why she would have remained a virgin and not have given Joseph children .

I've heard that there are people who pray to other people who died.Im sure Mary did not come from heaven and have no reason to believe she ascended to heaven.She is laying in the ground somewhere in the middle east and people still going to pray to her.
Catholics have some weird traditions.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Last edited:
What in the world are you talking about?
I asked is you knew many virgin married couples.
He’s a particular kind of catholic that is very very different than traditional christianity. I’ve met them before. Their view of Mary dates back to before Mary…just the name changed.

Last edited:
Except she was married and had other children with Joseph.

I'm not gonna even try to change your views on Christianity...
I will write this just to explain our position - traditionally Catholics believed she remained a virgin. Catholics were a group of people formed around Pope Saint Peter - they had their beliefs that were transferred from one generation to another. Virgin Mary is one of those beliefs. In bible it is mentioned that somebody said Jesus had brothers, but tradition says otherwise. The fact that this is written in the Bible for us means that not everything written in the bible is to be taken literally. It was normal in that age to call your neighbors or relatives brothers, like today Christians inside their groups also call themselves brothers. So its more likely they were Jesus relatives or some people close to him, and maybe the one saying that really thought they were his brothers, and it remained written that he was saying that, and that's all.
It is also written in the Bible when Jesus is talking about the apocalypse like its gonna happen in that generation, but it didn't. Does that make Bible a false prophecy? No, somebody simply wrote down what Jesus was saying at once in some place, but not in fullnes of what Jesus was saying in that moment and not in chronological order, It is just short extract of his longer speech on the things to happen immediately mixed with things to happen in the future, so it appears from that paragraph like Jesus is saying that the apocalypse will happen in that generation. Bible is full of these sorts of "mixed" statements that do not correspond to reality. It poses no obstacle for me to believe Jesus is the lord.

Last edited:
If you know exactly how its going to happen, you are free to describe...
But, from my experience, I know that not even the wisest see it all...
We dont know what will be, but that is not the most important. Most important is to be converted and do good deeds...

Have no idea sir. I just know we are quite near the time of the start of the tribulation, and those events have not yet happened. As a personal opinion I believe they will happen during the last stages of the tribulation as the foretold events are recorded to actually happen immediately after the tribulation:
Mt 24:29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mt 24:30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

I've heard that there are people who pray to other people who died.Im sure Mary did not come from heaven and have no reason to believe she ascended to heaven.She is laying in the ground somewhere in the middle east and people still going to pray to her.
Catholics have some weird traditions.

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

I see no reason to debate if Međugorje, Fatima, etc... is true or false. Its very simple to prove it is false.. If its false then there will be no warnings, no permanent and indestructible sign, no seven punishments befalling mankind.

I'm not gonna even try to change your views on Christianity...
I will write this just to explain our position - traditionally Catholics believed she remained a virgin. Catholics were a group of people formed around Pope Saint Peter - they had their beliefs that were transferred from one generation to another. Virgin Mary is one of those beliefs. In bible it is mentioned that somebody said Jesus had brothers, but tradition says otherwise. The fact that this is written in the Bible for us means that not everything written in the bible is to be taken literally. It was normal in that age to call your neighbors or relatives brothers, like today Christians inside their groups also call themselves brothers. So its more likely they were Jesus relatives or some people close to him, and maybe the one saying that really thought they were his brothers, and it remained written that he was saying that, and that's all.
It is also written in the Bible when Jesus is talking about the apocalypse like its gonna happen in that generation, but it didn't. Does that make Bible a false prophecy? No, somebody simply wrote down what Jesus was saying at once in some place, but not in fullnes of what Jesus was saying in that moment and not in chronological order, It is just short extract of his longer speech on the things to happen immediately mixed with things to happen in the future, so it appears from that paragraph like Jesus is saying that the apocalypse will happen in that generation. Bible is full of these sorts of "mixed" statements that do not correspond to reality. It poses no obstacle for me to believe Jesus is the lord.
I know the catholic doctrine. I know the history of mary worship and it precedes Jesus. (Names were changed).

I see no reason to debate if Međugorje, Fatima, etc... is true or false. Its very simple to prove it is false.. If its false then there will be no warnings, no permanent and indestructible sign, no seven punishments befalling mankind.
Most people here reference the word of God.Most people don't believe Mary is God and don't pray to Mary.
The word of God never says anyone should pray to Mary or look upon Mary as God.
Here is the son of God teaching how to pray.

Mathew 6
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Do you see anywhere where God says to pray Mary?
Catholics for some reason have forsaken God for Mary.

Last edited:
Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Jesus could not have made it any clearer what we are to watch for as signs of His second coming. A child can read this and understand it. Man just loves to add to and take away by all the various theories that are out there. Jesus said it, I believe it and that is that.

Drop the 🎤

You know of a lot of married virgins?
So men are not asking their wives for sex for the entirety of the marriage.
Run that one past any person on the street and see what their response is.

Hey bro I was Married for 26 years and I never did ask her for sex. What do you think about that?!

:hysterical :rofl2:hysterical:rofl2

I think that lying is a sin.

But it was in humor though. We don't have a bet on it so there's not really any trickery or fraud involved. It was just, such an absurd statement that no one could have taken me seriously or believed it.

Maybe if I had been raised in a monastery or something. But I've been here long enough for you guys to know that I'm no monk with a laptop in tibet, lol.

But it was in humor though. We don't have a bet on it so there's not really any trickery or fraud involved. It was just, such an absurd statement that no one could have taken me seriously or believed it.

Maybe if I had been raised in a monastery or something. But I've been here long enough for you guys to know that I'm no monk with a laptop in tibet, lol.
No excuse.
So please stop lying.

This was said before Jesus's death & resurrection and that changed after that. She is in heaven now and has been there for the better part of 2000 years so she might have some good advice. I mean, I don't think she is just sitting around up there.

This was said before Jesus's death & resurrection and that changed after that. She is in heaven now and has been there for the better part of 2000 years so she might have some good advice. I mean, I don't think she is just sitting around up there.

Can you show anywhere in the word of God that Mary ascended into heaven as Christ did?
We're there any witnesses as there was for Christ?

Acts 1:9
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Also,are there any scripture that says Mary would not see corruption as it spoke of Christ?

Psalms 16:10
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

If not,I'd say Mary is in the same place everyone else goes when they die.In the ground.Her body had long rotted away and she's sleeping peacefully awaiting resurrection.

As for this verse.It is still the same as the day Christ spoke it He let everyone know he is different than the rest.

Can you show anywhere in the word of God that Mary ascended into heaven as Christ did?
We're there any witnesses as there was for Christ?

Acts 1:9
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Also,are there any scripture that says Mary would not see corruption as it spoke of Christ?

Psalms 16:10
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

If not,I'd say Mary is in the same place everyone else goes when they die.In the ground.Her body had long rotted away and she's sleeping peacefully awaiting resurrection.

As for this verse.It is still the same as the day Christ spoke it He let everyone know he is different than the rest.

Well then all I really have to do is to show where anyone in scripture went to Heaven, right? God is no respecter of persons he doesn't play favorites.

A few come to mind. Elijah. WHere did he go to? Enoch? Even Paul says he was taken up, he couldn't tell if it was in body or in spirit, but he did go it says.

Here's a good scripture for you about it!:

Matthew 27:50-51
50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split,../

Do you understand the significance of the veil being torn in two? Apparently not because you're being fairly legalistic about your position and this is not a legal matter, it is a spiritual matter. We are allowed in Heaven now. The veil being rent in two meant that Jesus could take everyone who was in paradise/Abraham's Bosom to Heaven with Him when He ascended. When the price was paid, it was paid in full.

WHy would it say that Mary is free from corruption in scripture like Jesus was? She was a human being and as such, she needed redeemed also by God. So I think you're grasping at straws for an issue that doesn't exist.

Genesis 1:14. And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day and night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years. Psalm 19:1. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handy work. Ever hear of the Zodiac. Constellations and planets align. On 2003, mars was closest to earth for centuries. Our nation went to war with iraq, Saddam Hussein. Mars is the war planet. Did it fulfill bible prophecy. Of course, Isaiah chapter 14. The Zodiac is second witness to the bible. How can someone call them selves Christian, and depise it. 19:2. Day unto day utters speech, And unto night shows knowledge. 19:5. Which is a bridegroom coming out of his chamber. And rejoice as a strong man to run a race. Constellation sagittarius, THE ARCHER. This is mighty warrior with bow and arrow. The barbed arrow in his bow is aimed at the heart of the scorpion. Psalm 64:7. But God shall shoot at them with a arrow ; suddenly shall they be wounded. So they make their own tongue to fall upon themselves; all that see them shall flee away. And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God, for they shall wisely consider of his doing. Jesus is coming 7th trump to clean house. The wicked are going to hell. The righteous to kingdom of God. Satan as antichrist will go to the pit for the millennium. Then lake of fire. Read revelation chapter 19, Jesus is coming on war horse and army folloes Him. Signs and Zodiac are prophecy. I just documented this.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back