Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Signs of the Times Regarding Roman Catholicism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Signs of the times regarding Roman Catholicism

1. Pope Honorius I. http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Honorius_I

2. Robber Council of Ephesus
http:// orthodoxwiki.org/Robber_Council_of_Ephesus

Second Council of Ephesus
http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Council_of_Ephesus

3. Fourth Crusade
http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Crusade

4. On the Forgery of the Alleged Donation of Constantine -- Details
http:// Donation of Constantine - Details

5. Anti-Serbian Ustashe
http:// WWII, Ustashi butchery of the Serbs

God save us all. "And you shall know the Truth, and the Truth [Jesus] shall make you free".

In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
:):pray:)

I'm not sure how this ties in with anyone's End Times beliefs. Scott, could you elaborate a bit? Thanks.

I'm not sure how this ties in with anyone's End Times beliefs. Scott, could you elaborate a bit? Thanks.

Dear Vic C, Every time I tried to post something respecting Roman Catholicism, I was told to go to the debate section or to post in the End Times section. So I posted Roman Catholic errors in this end time section, like one of the moderators said. One moderator says one thing, another moderator says another. There is much contradiction here. We seek agreement, only to find those who disagree. We seek common understanding of the Scriptures, and common belief, only to find those who act like they believe other than we do. There is much controversy regarding Christianity these days. In Erie PA Scott Harrington

I'm not sure who said what, but since this is the End Times forum, it would seem to make sense that topics started here should relate to End Times events.

As you should know, there is a group of believers, from the SDA and Reformers to smaller groups that believe the RCC has a part in End Times events.

I'm only looking for clarity and the intent of the OP. I'm not looking to discuss any RCC doctrinal errors as that could spark yet another controversy, possibly even a civil war. :lol

Well?? Lets help Scott out?? (i ain't gonna go to those sites though!)
But just [if] rome was 'pop' or pope Peter, (which I would never believe for a second!) then we would need to see a GREAT FALLING AWAY [just before Christ comes], right? 2 Thess. 2:1-3 So that is an END TIME TRUTH!;)

Then we see a repeat as told in Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15 of pope Peter's church, if that was Christ's Vineyard House of Isa. 5 (which it is not!) and verse 5 does document that just if it was.... that it did indeed choose betwixt Christ's Vineyard & Christ, and did indeed choose pope Peter.. er the Lord's Christless Vineyard!

So Vic, Scott has this thread in the right place as some of us see lt! Not to even mention that romes daughters are about all running home to the last prophecy of Rev. 17:1-5.

---Elijah

PS: The thing that does bug me with some posts, is that they are usall empt of scripture or have the Jer. 17:5 stuff of others.

Well?? Lets help Scott out?? (i ain't gonna go to those sites though!)
But just [if] rome was 'pop' or pope Peter, (which I would never believe for a second!) then we would need to see a GREAT FALLING AWAY [just before Christ comes], right? 2 Thess. 2:1-3 So that is an END TIME TRUTH!;)

Then we see a repeat as told in Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15 of pope Peter's church, if that was Christ's Vineyard House of Isa. 5 (which it is not!) and verse 5 does document that just if it was.... that it did indeed choose betwixt Christ's Vineyard & Christ, and did indeed choose pope Peter.. er the Lord's Christless Vineyard!

So Vic, Scott has this thread in the right place as some of us see lt! Not to even mention that romes daughters are about all running home to the last prophecy of Rev. 17:1-5.

---Elijah

PS: The thing that does bug me with some posts, is that they are usall empt of scripture or have the Jer. 17:5 stuff of others.

Dear Elijah, You cite so many Scriptures without quoting any of them in full, you make it nearly impossible to verify or to agree with what you are saying. Who can either agree or disagree with what you say, when your style is so erratic and incoherent, and we can't (I CAN'T) follow your train of thought. Your thoughts are all over the place, and we can't at all be sure you are reading the Scripture correctly. You are just giving us alphabet soup, throwing chapter and verse numbers at us? Why are you doing such an incomprehensible thing? If what you say agrees with the Scriptures, why do you fault others for not using much Scripture in their posts, when you just say something like Jeremiah this, Ecclesiastes that, and don't just quote the Scripture. You just cite it and don't make much sense out of what you cite.
Not criticism meant of you, personally, I just find you are probably going to remain incomprehensible to most or all of us unless you change your way of speaking? Am I alone in this, friends?
Everything Elijah674 has been writing has been INCOMPREHENSIBLE (not possible to UNDERSTAND). GO FIGURE.
GOD BLESS YOU ANYWAY, ELIJAH.
In Erie Scott H.

Dear Elijah, You cite so many Scriptures without quoting any of them in full, you make it nearly impossible to verify or to agree with what you are saying. Who can either agree or disagree with what you say, when your style is so erratic and incoherent, and we can't (I CAN'T) follow your train of thought. Your thoughts are all over the place, and we can't at all be sure you are reading the Scripture correctly. You are just giving us alphabet soup, throwing chapter and verse numbers at us? Why are you doing such an incomprehensible thing? If what you say agrees with the Scriptures, why do you fault others for not using much Scripture in their posts, when you just say something like Jeremiah this, Ecclesiastes that, and don't just quote the Scripture. You just cite it and don't make much sense out of what you cite.
Not criticism meant of you, personally, I just find you are probably going to remain incomprehensible to most or all of us unless you change your way of speaking? Am I alone in this, friends?
Everything Elijah674 has been writing has been INCOMPREHENSIBLE (not possible to UNDERSTAND). GO FIGURE.
GOD BLESS YOU ANYWAY, ELIJAH.
In Erie Scott H.

Well then, why not just turn your 'personal' mouth attacks off? And just hit the [BLOCK OUT ELIJAH BUTTON] & if you are to 'slow' to know how to do that, ask a mod for help! :screwloose:screwloose

--Elijah

PS: Hey Vic, even this is proving the Matt. 25 ALL SLEEPING END TIME, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how this ties in with anyone's End Times

beliefs. Scott, could you elaborate a bit? Thanks.

Dear Vic C., The rules of this forum say discussion of Roman Catholicism can only

be in the End Times forum or in one on one debates. Dear Vic C., you will have

to ask the moderators why the consider RC (Roman Catholicism) to be a subject

for a debate in eschatology (end times bible prophecy), etc. ASK THEM. I don't

know WHAT THEY ARE THINKING? Why Roman Catholicism only in a debate

or discussion on the end times? In Erie PA Scott H.

Well then, why not just turn your 'personal' mouth attacks off? And just hit the [BLOCK OUT ELIJAH BUTTON] & if you are to 'slow' to know how to do that, ask a mod for help! :screwloose:screwloose

--Elijah

PS: Hey Vic, even this is proving the Matt. 25 ALL SLEEPING END TIME, huh?

Dear Elijah In no way whatsoever was it my intention take make "personal"

mouth attacks. I am not criticizing you, I am just telling it like it is. I can't

understand what you are saying most of the time. I suspect you have a way

that does not allow me to understand, I am not faulting you. It's just that

you have a unique way of writing, and this is incomprehensible to me. I confess

I don't understand. That is all. It's nothing about you personally. I am sure

at times you can speak plainly. Otherwise your meaning is obscure to me, and

I can't fathom what you are saying. I guess there are limits to my comprehension

of others. Much of what other posters on this forum remains beyond my

understanding, too. These people who cite Daniel with apparent ease don't

really seem to know what they are talking about. Daniel is a sealed book until

the end time, and it seems that remains a fact. The seals have not come off

of Daniel and Revelation, not yet. It is not yet quite the end times. In Erie

Scott H.

Dear Vic C., The rules of this forum say discussion of Roman Catholicism can only

be in the End Times forum or in one on one debates. Dear Vic C., you will have

to ask the moderators why the consider RC (Roman Catholicism) to be a subject

for a debate in eschatology (end times bible prophecy), etc. ASK THEM. I don't

know WHAT THEY ARE THINKING? Why Roman Catholicism only in a debate

or discussion on the end times? In Erie PA Scott H.
Hi Scott,

Let me attempt to explain;

We did allow free discussion of RCC and Orthodox topics. But as time went by, the friction between those who reject Catholicism and the RC and Orthodox members became a sore spot on this site. We attempted to solve the problem by moving all related subjects into a sub forum. That forum had strict rules, just like our Science forum. But nothing changed and the Staff spent too much of it's time refereeing one small sub forum.

So we closed the sub forum and limited discussion to the 1 on 1 and End Times forums.

Why End Times? Well that's simple. Just study up on the beliefs of the the Reformers and more recently, the SDA. They are more or less Historicists.

Hi Scott,

Let me attempt to explain;

We did allow free discussion of RCC and Orthodox topics. But as time went by, the friction between those who reject Catholicism and the RC and Orthodox members became a sore spot on this site. We attempted to solve the problem by moving all related subjects into a sub forum. That forum had strict rules, just like our Science forum. But nothing changed and the Staff spent too much of it's time refereeing one small sub forum.

So we closed the sub forum and limited discussion to the 1 on 1 and End Times forums.

Why End Times? Well that's simple. Just study up on the beliefs of the the Reformers and more recently, the SDA. They are more or less Historicists.

'Why End Times? Well that's simple. Just study up on the beliefs of the the Reformers and more recently, the SDA. They are more or less Historicists.'

Elijah here:
You mean that SDA used to be, huh?;)

If Luther didn't mess up with his end-times theory of the anti-christ & the Pope- there would not have been a holocaust on the Jews.
Hitler was very impressed with how the Jews of Luther's day rejected his anti-christ theory (bc they at least were smarter & knew the truth)
That's where Hitler got his antisemitism from.

I am not Catholic, but I'll tell you this- You should be trying to bring others to Christianity - not war with Catholics. You act as if they are a great threat to you today! At least Luther had an excuse back then!

Not for nothing, but I am just Christian- I will not even type myself as Protestant either.
Since becoming a Christian (at 31) now I have found that it is more likely to be Protestants who preach "end-times" & are consumed with Jesus coming again. Which means to me they don't have much faith in His words & have to divide & disagree with their hundreds of denominations. I think Christ would be grieved of those differences & internal wars within His body.

I have not found that in Catholics. Their worshiping the statue of Mary (on my corner) does not bother me!

Seek peace pal & pursue it. Go make disciples. That's a good service.

Just sayin'

If Luther didn't mess up with his end-times theory of the anti-christ & the Pope- there would not have been a holocaust on the Jews.
Hitler was very impressed with how the Jews of Luther's day rejected his anti-christ theory (bc they at least were smarter & knew the truth)
That's where Hitler got his antisemitism from.

I've got to ask: Where did you get this from? I'd never heard this before, and I guess it's as good an explanation as any, but I'd like to get you to provide a reference or two I can pursue.

I've got to ask: Where did you get this from? I'd never heard this before, and I guess it's as good an explanation as any, but I'd like to get you to provide a reference or two I can pursue.

Yes, you know I initially got this info from a Christian Zionist, John Hagee in his book, "Jerusalem Countdown!" A dispensationalist known to many.
I actually tried to read the book with an open minnd when I 1st heard of this anti-christ millennium stuff, about 6 yrs. ago.

I spent $15 so I kept the book for the little timeline periods of the Jewish history at the end of the book.

I have since confirmed that Luther did indeed write in his last writings where he thought the Jews would be pleased that he named the antichrist the Pope. Whether it was meant as just offensive or not, I do not know- but Luther died within days after the writings. The Jews knew better, of why God left the building - Hagee leaves that out of course, but I found that out too.

Hagee was trying to shed light on how Hitler was Christian in his youth but apostated later on.

Did I mention where in his book I did a double take? Yes, I knew I had to find the truth- it was when he said King David would actually stand on the Mt. of Olives.
I couldn't go on. I knew I was reading fiction after that! :help :lol

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/wittenberg/luther/beggars.txt
This was written 2 days before Luther's death. Can you supply a different link?
Westtexas

Sure. (Wikipedia is reliable when they cite their sources)

Here's an excerpt:
Warning against the Jews

38px-Wikisource-logo.svg.png
Wikisource has original text related to this article: Warning Against the Jews (1546)
Shortly before his death on February 18, 1546 Luther preached four sermons in Eisleben.[20] To his second last sermon he appended what he called his "final warning" against the Jews.[21] The main point of this short work is that authorities who could expel the Jews from their lands should do so if they would not convert to Christianity. Otherwise, Luther indicated, such authorities would make themselves "partners in another's sins."[22]

Entire article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_and_antisemitism

Sure. (Wikipedia is reliable when they cite their sources)

Here's an excerpt:
Warning against the Jews

38px-Wikisource-logo.svg.png
Wikisource has original text related to this article: Warning Against the Jews (1546)
Shortly before his death on February 18, 1546 Luther preached four sermons in Eisleben.[20] To his second last sermon he appended what he called his "final warning" against the Jews.[21] The main point of this short work is that authorities who could expel the Jews from their lands should do so if they would not convert to Christianity. Otherwise, Luther indicated, such authorities would make themselves "partners in another's sins."[22]

Entire article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_and_antisemitism
It says, "shortly before his death...". That's not very specific. The link westtexas provided was specific. It said, "two days before his death."

Also, your link says, "his final warning against the Jews. It make no mention about this being his last writings. You added that to pad your point. :shame

Don't trust a wiki when there are so many other reliable sources out there. :yes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back