Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Signs of the times

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

2 Timothy 3:1-5: 1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy.

In the last 20 years, I've never seen the disobedience to parents that we have now.

3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good. 4. Traitors heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God. 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Do we have churches like that today in America. Some will say, abortion is OK, a gay lifestyle is Ok, it's Ok to have sex outside of marriage, and this makes up the liberal church in America.

Now, some may be offended by this, but I try to be truthful. Many churches say that speaking with tongues and the healing business are of the devil. You see, they only have a form of godliness... denying the power thereof, and the Scripture plainly says, from such turn away. It doesn't say, go join up with them; it says turn away.

Around 1950 most denominations were not in this condition. We had a great move of the Spirit in Methodist's, Preypt, Episcopal, baptist, Luthern, And Pentacostal churches. If I upset some, I am sorry, but this is the way I see it.

May God bless, Golfjack

golfjack said:
2 Timothy 3:1-5: 1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy.

In the last 20 years, I've never seen the disobedience to parents that we have now.

3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good. 4. Traitors heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God. 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Do we have churches like that today in America. Some will say, abortion is OK, a gay lifestyle is Ok, it's Ok to have sex outside of marriage, and this makes up the liberal church in America.

Now, some may be offended by this, but I try to be truthful. Many churches say that speaking with tongues and the healing business are of the devil. You see, they only have a form of godliness... denying the power thereof, and the Scripture plainly says, from such turn away. It doesn't say, go join up with them; it says turn away.

Around 1950 most denominations were not in this condition. We had a great move of the Spirit in Methodist's, Preypt, Episcopal, baptist, Luthern, And Pentacostal churches. If I upset some, I am sorry, but this is the way I see it.

May God bless, Golfjack

It seems to me that 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is escalating at an exponential rate. For example, this is the first time in western civilization that I'm aware of that homosexual marriages have been sanctioned. That marks a turning point in the decadence of man. All I can say is that I hope Christ returns soon because i feel for the born again Christians of the future having to live in escalating decadence and wickedness.

Heidi said:
It seems to me that 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is escalating at an exponential rate. For example, this is the first time in western civilization that I'm aware of that homosexual marriages have been sanctioned. That marks a turning point in the decadence of man. All I can say is that I hope Christ returns soon because i feel for the born again Christians of the future having to live in escalating decadence and wickedness.

Hisotry is more cyclical than linear.

What is the saying "what goes around comes around".

Look back to the Roaring 20s and speak easies, burlesque - the orginal sexual revolution.

aLoneVoice said:
Hisotry is more cyclical than linear.

What is the saying "what goes around comes around".

Look back to the Roaring 20s and speak easies, burlesque - the orginal sexual revolution.

That's not what the bible says. It says that wickedness will increase and of course, you've just read 2 Timothy 3:1-5, possibly for the first time. :roll: So you either don't know what the bible says or you don't believe it. Either way, it would be best to do both so that you believe what will happen in End times. :)

Heidi said:
That's not what the bible says. It says that wickedness will increase and of course, you've just read 2 Timothy 3:1-5, possibly for the first time. :roll: So you either don't know what the bible says or you don't believe it. Either way, it would be best to do both so that you believe what will happen in End times. :)

The Hebrew understanding of history was more circular in nature than linear.

It is like a Slinky - circular in nature while moving through linear time.

In our western culture, history is viewed more like a straight horizontal line. While in the Hebrew culture it is more like a spiral (circular).

Heidi - I have read the Bible, and yes I do understand it. I am not saying that things are not getting worse, just saying that what we are experiencing now, has been around before. If I am not mistaken Roman culture sanctioned homosexual activity and possibly homosexual marriage.

While we in the west might be experiencing it for the first time, that does not mean it hasn't already been around. And I do not believe that the West is at the center of the world - in other words, just because we are experiencing it first in our culture means that the end times are next week.

Yes - we are living in the end times - ever since Christ returned to Heaven, we have been living in the end times.

1But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
2For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,

3unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,

4treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

5holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

Is any of this NEW?

aLoneVoice said:
Is any of this NEW?

Yes, you are mistaken about the Romans sanctioning homosexual marriage. They indulged in homosexuality, but they didn't perform homosexual marriages. Only the decay of people today is becoming unparallelled. Here is one way which is described in verse 5:

"having a form of godliness but denying its power." That, for me, is the single most improtant verse in that passage because it's a sneaky cunning decay that we humans are adopting. It comes in the form of;

1) Feeling more compassion for perpetrators than for victims
2) Calling Roman brutality horrific, yet condoning sinful behavior in today's society
3) Thinking that love is condoning homosexual sin
4) Political correctness where one cannot call evil evil

The above practices in today's society are the main justification for condoning sin because its done under the guise of godly love all the while denying God.

So we are absolutely more wicked than in the years past. :sad

Heidi said:
Yes, you are mistaken about the Romans sanctioning homosexual marriage. They indulged in homosexuality, but they didn't perform homosexual marriages. Only the decay of people today is becoming unparallelled. Here is one way which is described in verse 5:

"having a form of godliness but denying its power." That, for me, is the single most improtant verse in that passage because it's a sneaky cunning decay that we humans are adopting. It comes in the form of;

1) Feeling more compassion for perpetrators than for victims
2) Calling Roman brutality horrific, yet condoning sinful behavior in today's society
3) Thinking that love is condoning homosexual sin
4) Political correctness where one cannot call evil evil

The above practices in today's society are the main justification for condoning sin because its done under the guise of godly love all the while denying God.

So we are absolutely more wicked than in the years past. :sad

I do not mean to argue, but you might want to look into history a little bit more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions.

It appears that Rome did allow for homosexual marriage, however it did not fall under Roman law. It is believed that Nero and other Roman emperors "married" same sexual partners.

Please understand, I am not condoning the activitiy in anyway - merely seeking a historical perspective.

Perhaps, "We" as in the United States are more 'wicked' than in years past - but I do not believe that the Bible was written with a euro-centric bias.

aLoneVoice said:
I do not mean to argue, but you might want to look into history a little bit more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions.

It appears that Rome did allow for homosexual marriage, however it did not fall under Roman law. It is believed that Nero and other Roman emperors "married" same sexual partners.

Please understand, I am not condoning the activitiy in anyway - merely seeking a historical perspective.

Perhaps, "We" as in the United States are more 'wicked' than in years past - but I do not believe that the Bible was written with a euro-centric bias.

Since it wasn't under Roman law, then it wasn't a legal marriage. The emperors, (including Tiberius) simply engaged in homosexuality, unlike today, where homsoexual marriages are sanctified by law in some states. That marks a turning point in the decay of mankind.

aLoneVoice said:
Is any of this NEW?

Yes it is, Alone as the laws of homosexual marriages attest to. What is also new is the "ungodly" godliness that is used to try to justify evil as I point out in my post. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back