Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

SIN < < SHAME DEPRESSION

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I begaining to signs of depression here because there is so much talk about sinful things. You know you keep thinking like this your headed for depression. Yeah sure it says in the bible , but seriously you should do something about it. Sin is self shame and hatred, Come on don't you think God wants you do some thing postive about it.I'm sure there is some thing more postive in the bible. if your always reading about sins your reading your going to be depressed.
No one is perfect so accept who you , besides who ask you to play God
and that too is sin ,Doctors haven doing that sin for ages.
come on think postive.

1 can avoid a serious sin, but studying sin from the bible is kind of the side dark of the bible. once you get bapisted and accepted christ find a nice hobby.
If some one is too focus on sin should really do something about it.
I myself decided to go to church and I want to be bapisted ,I read about it and studyed about it in what it meant and I accepted jesus, after still went to church and got in to geocaching and metal detecting, rc hobby.

but I sure didn't morn groan about sins
my mind was too busy on my hobbies.

1 can avoid a serious sin, but studying sin from the bible is kind of the side dark of the bible. once you get bapisted and accepted christ find a nice hobby.
If some one is too focus on sin should really do something about it.
I myself decided to go to church and I want to be bapisted ,I read about it and studyed about it in what it meant and I accepted jesus, after still went to church and got in to geocaching and metal detecting, rc hobby.

but I sure didn't morn groan about sins
my mind was too busy on my hobbies.
One act of Love covers a multitude of sins.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

What man deems sin in their own self righteousness may not be recognized by God as a sin. There is none of us that do not sin at one time or another even as a Christian as none of us are perfect. Grace covers our sins when we recognize them as being sin against God and repent, but if you continue in that same sin, even though you have asked God to forgive you and he has already done so, then whatever that continued sin you stay in will have consequences in your own life here on earth, but has already been forgiven in heaven.

Example: If I trespass against you and ask God to forgive me with a heart of repentance he will immediately forgive, but if I keep coming against you doing the same thing and you retaliate then I will have to pay the consequences here on earth for whatever it is you do against me as that is my recompense of the sin I sinned against you even though I am forgiven of God, but deserve whatever earthly punishment I may face.

The Holy Spirit is quick to convict our heart when we are out of Gods will, but it is also up to you to deal with the conviction as we always want to be pleasing to the Father, but do fall short at times when we allow this flesh to take over. As long as you feel you are pleasing God in your walk with him then do not worry about what others think sin is.

I begaining to signs of depression here because there is so much talk about sinful things. You know you keep thinking like this your headed for depression. Yeah sure it says in the bible , but seriously you should do something about it. Sin is self shame and hatred, Come on don't you think God wants you do some thing postive about it.I'm sure there is some thing more postive in the bible. if your always reading about sins your reading your going to be depressed.
No one is perfect so accept who you , besides who ask you to play God
and that too is sin ,Doctors haven doing that sin for ages.
come on think postive.
Thinking about sinful things doesn’t have to be depressing. Yes, we may feel sad and down but all is not lost. Learning about our sinfulness brings awareness and is the first step toward recovery. How can we make the right choices without first understanding what the wrong choices are?
<O:tongue</O:tongue
Sounds to me like you are developing a relationship with our Lord Jesus and fealing distressed and convicted because you realize the pain sin causes Him. I believe the Holy Spirit is working within you.
Now that you know and understand repent, put your sinful ways behind you, reject Satan and everything he stands for, and put on the armor of Christ. Get rid of the old self and bring in the new self. Seek forgiveness from our Lord and allow Him to take control of your life. When you surrender to Christ you will realize that your sins have been taken away and you will become a new person. Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest,†declares the Lord. Matt. 11:28 NKJV
You’re not the first one to feel this way. Check out the book of Romans, especially chapter 7 and 8. Even after his transformation Paul was not immune to these feelings. He argues this point very eloquently in chapter seven but then check out his conclusion in chapter eight. Pay special attention to the first two verses of chapter eight. “<SUP>1</SUP>There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. <SUP>2</SUP>For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.†Rom. 8:1,2 KJV
Oh, you will continue to make mistakes but Jesus Christ is with you all the way, so don’t worry. “I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.†Matt. 28:20 KJV The blood of the Lamb covers your sin and justifies you before God Almighty. Rejoice and dwell in the love of Christ and the knowledge that you too can be saved!

Back