Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sin, Sickness, and the Medical System

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Righteousness is NEVER imputed to anyone apart from Faith. Faith acts just as Abraham did. Righteousness is finding out God's will and DOING IT by grace through faith. It begins by repentance and receiving Christ and then is a walk of holiness and obedience by grace through faith. The Bible teaches nothing else. I have never taught healing apart from righteousness. However we have seen the unsaved healed and delivered. Jesus did it for the same types often.

Who said anything about righteousness apart from faith?
I have made clear and evident points that you seem unable or unwilling to adress in an honest way? Pride is also a sin.

Naaman was guilty of this, for he did not want to accept that which simple and humble, but wanted to exalt himself.
Because it sounds too easy the proud are too full of themselves and demand that it be made hard, so they can feel that they have earned something from God.

No one has earned anything from God, what He gives He gives freely by His Grace. If man has anything from God? he has it because of Gods Grace. All else is false teaching.

Who said anything about righteousness apart from faith?
I have made clear and evident points that you seem unable or unwilling to adress in an honest way? Pride is also a sin.

Naaman was guilty of this, for he did not want to accept that which simple and humble, but wanted to exalt himself.
Because it sounds too easy the proud are too full of themselves and demand that it be made hard, so they can feel that they have earned something from God.

No one has earned anything from God, what He gives He gives freely by His Grace. If man has anything from God? he has it because of Gods Grace. All else is false teaching.
It seems you are confused because you said faith was necessary for for healing.
Hebrews 11:6.

It seems you are confused because you said faith was necessary for for healing.
Hebrews 11:6.
That has nothing to do with the fault I find in your doctrine. You are attempting to teach healing apart from the light of the gospel. I might add that you have seemed to help no one on this forum, but only to cause strife and division?
This point has been made very clear to you and may God grant you repentance.
edit

The gentiles were NEVER under bondage to the law.
The Bible student must understand that the Old Testament gives much more prominence to the history of the Hebrew nation than it does to the religious conditions of the Gentiles. And there is a very good reason for this. The Old Testament writers, under the guiding hand of God, principally were concerned with relating the story of the unfolding of Jehovah’s great plan of redemption -- to be consummated by the work of Christ.

Since the Lord was using the Israelite people in the implementation of his sacred purpose, it is understandable that considerably more attention was given to these people and their worship practices -- which were a “shadow of things to come” (Col. 2:17; cf. Heb. 8:5; 10:1) -- than to Gentile procedures.

This does not imply, however, that the Almighty was unconcerned with the Gentiles, or that they were outside the pale of salvation. God’s rebuke of the nations through his prophets (cf. Amos 1; Jeremiah 46-51) bears ample testimony to their accountability to the Creator. And Jonah’s missionary endeavor to the people of Nineveh in far-away Assyria is an illustration of the Lord’s interest in Gentile people -- even while the main focus remained upon the nation of Israel.

Additionally, Romans 2 specifically deals with the application of the Law to the Gentile.
Romans 2 NASB
9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.
Quite obviously, the Law applied to both Jew and Greek/Gentile. The fact that God judges the unenlightened based upon the Law written on their hearts speaks volumes of the far-reaching effect of God's Law, and how it was expressed to all of mankind regardless of being Jew or Gentile.

My point is the gentiles never tried to keep the law to gain salvation. They were/are in bondage to the things I have mentioned in the OP and still are, even as Christians. There main issue keeping them from walking the fullness of Christ is therefore lawlessness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back