Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Sister back in the Hospital

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
One BIG problem with M.S. is that they need a constant temperature to live in, and usually she can't be ambulatory if it is above 70F. So, since the lady who runs the home wont' turn the damn a/c on, I am going to offer to buy a window unit just for Deb's room. I can take it over there in the morning and, if I can find one with a remote control, SHE can control the temperature in her room! If the lady won't allow it, I am going to report her on monday to social services (hate to do that, but ... I probably will do it.)

Hi, PizzaGuy ... prayers for you, your sister & all involved are now included in a prayer chain ... the more the merrier in prayer, I say.

Beyond that ... I would have a long talk with the lady who runs the home. Tell her all you've told us about the need for constant temperature. If she refuses or if you get the sense that she is giving only lip-service agreement, then report her. Don't worry or feel guilty about reporting her; she's receiving payment for her services. But if she is deliberately making living conditions such that your sister's health issues are negatively affected, then social services need to be aware of it.

It is quite possible that neither the woman nor social services will do anything or even talk with you about your sister's situation unless you're listed as power-of-attorney, guardian, or etc. In that case, you should pay a little social visit to your nephew.

I know you're praying, and have been praying about your sister & her situation. Be at peace that your prayers are heard and will continue to be heard. It's the worst frustrations to see a loved one struggle as your sister struggles, and there's nothing outside of prayer you can do. You, Kind Sir, are to be commended for all the care & love you are showing to your sister. Many wouldn't bother.

God bless you, PizzaGuy!

Boy did I get mad. He would not call me or my sister. I went off twice on his voice mail.

But guess what, he just texted me. He's gonna "stop hiding" and "face it" and go see her tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I LOST IT a bit tonight. Perhaps that is what it was gonna take to change things. Sometimes, God has to hit ME over the head.

Maybe this was a "hit over the head" for my nephew. Was it of God? Not sure.
But Jesus is said to have gone nuts with the money changers in the temple - so while anger usually means you spill into sin, it is not always the case.

But if i did sin, I will pray for forgiveness. And if it was not counted as sin, that's ok too.

I will sleep a bit better tonight.

sometimes there are circumstances in our lives that we can't really understand coz our situation seems inconsistent to God's promises and what is left there is Trust ....Trust that His work always works...
Pizzaguy, when you pray God works for you.

Debi finally said it, "My life is hell". The home she is in is awful. The lady who owns it does not understand that Deb needs consistent temperature. Depending on weather and time of day, the temp in the home runs from 65 to 80, sometimes swinging that far in 12 hours. This drains Deb's energy and sometimes causes paralysis due to the M.S.

Additionally, some of the food she buys for her own needs disappears. When she was in the hospital, someone used her laptop and it got a virus (I'm going to try to clean it up this weekend and then put a password protection on it).

Now, the Cable company did something and her TV no longer works. So she has no tv and her laptop does not work right. She has little more to do then read and stare out the window.

I am to the point where I might have to let her move in with me. I have NO idea how she will survive alone when I am in Oklahoma this summer for three weeks at a time, since she is paralyzed (largely) and cannot get from bed to wheelchair without someone to run the lift for her. She can't bathe herself or fix meals or anything. She DOES get a nurse to visit twice a day for a total of four hours.

I wish one of you clowns that believes in healing would come over and heal her of M.S. (Odd how God "heals" everything but M.S.)

I am going to say it again - DO NOT get old and sick unless you have a lot of money AND supplemental care insurance. Deb was stricken in her 30's and has neither. If I was her, I swear I'd take a big dose of something and depart this earth. If I end up like her, I am sure I will.

Debi finally said it, "My life is hell". The home she is in is awful. The lady who owns it does not understand that Deb needs consistent temperature. Depending on weather and time of day, the temp in the home runs from 65 to 80, sometimes swinging that far in 12 hours. This drains Deb's energy and sometimes causes paralysis due to the M.S.

Additionally, some of the food she buys for her own needs disappears. When she was in the hospital, someone used her laptop and it got a virus (I'm going to try to clean it up this weekend and then put a password protection on it).

Now, the Cable company did something and her TV no longer works. So she has no tv and her laptop does not work right. She has little more to do then read and stare out the window.

I am to the point where I might have to let her move in with me. I have NO idea how she will survive alone when I am in Oklahoma this summer for three weeks at a time, since she is paralyzed (largely) and cannot get from bed to wheelchair without someone to run the lift for her. She can't bathe herself or fix meals or anything. She DOES get a nurse to visit twice a day for a total of four hours.

I wish one of you clowns that believes in healing would come over and heal her of M.S. (Odd how God "heals" everything but M.S.)

I am going to say it again - DO NOT get old and sick unless you have a lot of money AND supplemental care insurance. Deb was stricken in her 30's and has neither. If I was her, I swear I'd take a big dose of something and depart this earth. If I end up like her, I am sure I will.

I'm sorry.:sad

I'll be praying for her. I've never dealt with MS, but I know what's like to have a paralyzed family member. My dad has a lot of problems as well, though different kinds of problems.

"In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. "
[SIZE=-1]~2 Samuel 22:7 (KJV)[/SIZE]

"
Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint"
~[SIZE=-1]Isaiah 40:28-31 (KJV)
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this thread and I feel so bad for you. I so badly want her healed for you as well as yourself made to feel better. I got a bit teary reading it.

Let us pray without doubt in love. The same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is within us.

I have prayed for you both and will continue to.

Be encouraged my brother. In times of trial we must somehow find the strength we never knew we had, but God is there with you still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some times God does not heal us.... I have no idea why. Why did Daddy have to loose his mind before God took him home?

I do know when i stopped being angry at God for Dad illness I regained peace. Had Dad been in pain as Debi is, the anger would have lasted much, much longer.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I have zero doubt God could heal Debi or even send Dad back to us. I will trust Him when it dont look right to me. I will trust Him when i just plain ol cant understand.
I will scream at Him WHY WHY WHY yet i trust.... He truly is there/here Mark, He truly is.

We know most the old Biblical cliches the rain falls on the just and the unjust etc.. They didn't help me.... I formed the words to God " i trust you."... while my thoughts and actions did not agree with my words. The more i voiced the lighter the burden of anger.

Practical side..
Have you looked into hospice in your area... The MS foundation. If you have her move in with you there will times you will dread. but there is dread now. Knowing we have done the right thing is a blessing.

I know you people mean well, but prayer is not what Debi needs.

She needs help and action - and I know not what to do. HOW do I care for an invalid sister when I'm going to work everyday? When my work takes me away for weeks at a time?

Perhaps it's time to just turn it over to God, take the job in Texas - and leave.

Practical side..
Have you looked into hospice in your area... The MS foundation. If you have her move in with you there will times you will dread. but there is dread now. Knowing we have done the right thing is a blessing.

I know Hospice will help, but I am not sure they would help to the degree your sister will need, but it sure wouldn't hurt to find out. They may also know of some other programs that would be willing to help out.

Is it possible to put an air conditioner just in her room that could be set to keep her room at a specific temperature?

If you have her move in with you there will times you will dread. but there is dread now. Knowing we have done the right thing is a blessing.
She is not "medically terminal" so hospice is no help. I tried contacting the MS society, they would not ever call or email me back.

But :thumbsup on the rest of your post.

Now that the summer heat is here, the home is warm (around 78F) but it is consistent. Also, Debi has a room mate, an eldery dementia patient so the temperature is not up to Deb anyway.

Deb called me crying yesterday because she is "tired of fighting". And I am tired of watching the struggle, the sorrow, the unending unhappiness that is my sister's life. She has no quality of life at all now. Also, no more cable TV in her room so she stays occupied with her nook and her son is getting her a new computer (she does have good internet service). I offered to pay for cable for her, but she says that with the room mate, it would only become a problem and this way, the room mate spends a lot of time in the common living room watching TV, giving Deb some quiet and alone time.

Oddly, I prayed last week, just once, for God to show me the right path concerning my work. (Hate the new job, even all the lovely money does not quite make up for it). And here, in less than a week, things are turning around AND I have an interview the first week of July!

Why does God answer my prayers, but not my sisters? :sad

Now that the summer heat is here, the home is warm (around 78F) but it is consistent. Also, Debi has a room mate, an eldery dementia patient so the temperature is not up to Deb anyway.

Deb called me crying yesterday because she is "tired of fighting". And I am tired of watching the struggle, the sorrow, the unending unhappiness that is my sister's life. She has no quality of life at all now. Also, no more cable TV in her room so she stays occupied with her nook and her son is getting her a new computer (she does have good internet service). I offered to pay for cable for her, but she says that with the room mate, it would only become a problem and this way, the room mate spends a lot of time in the common living room watching TV, giving Deb some quiet and alone time.

Oddly, I prayed last week, just once, for God to show me the right path concerning my work. (Hate the new job, even all the lovely money does not quite make up for it). And here, in less than a week, things are turning around AND I have an interview the first week of July!

Why does God answer my prayers, but not my sisters? :sad

God bless for your interview pizzaguy, i pray that you will get the job!:thumbsup
Maybe God had already answered your sister's prayer and you just don't know it yet...;)

God bless for your interview pizzaguy, i pray that you will get the job!:thumbsup
Maybe God had already answered your sister's prayer and you just don't know it yet...;)
Thanks, I'm not holding my breath, but am hopeful - not the end of the world if I don't get the job, but it's sure worth TALKING to them.

As to my sister, all she is praying for is a reasonable quality of life (given M.S. and no way to live with family). I can't see how her prayer, in any way, could be said to be "already answered".

Maybe she is right, maybe she IS being punished now so as to avoid eternal punishment - but I can't fit THAT idea into MY Baptist theology.

Again, Job pops into my mind here. The man lost everything, was sick, and just had a downright crummy quality of life for a while. But he ultimately kept the faith and was rewarded for his loyalty to God. We may not know God's way of doing things, but constantly need to remind ourselves that He DOES HAVE A WAY. I pray for your sister Pizza; and I pray for you and your family that all is well.

Again, Job pops into my mind here. The man lost everything, was sick, and just had a downright crummy quality of life for a while. But he ultimately kept the faith and was rewarded for his loyalty to God. We may not know God's way of doing things, but constantly need to remind ourselves that He DOES HAVE A WAY. I pray for your sister Pizza; and I pray for you and your family that all is well.

Amen

Back