Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Slipknot?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The power behind that music comes from satan, and what I hear you saying is the world can offer you more than God.

Really? I though the power came form the grudgey bass, the screaming guitars and thundering double bass pedals :rolling

I am very open to listening to Christian bands, i listen to them all the time, however i listen to others more. God can offer great things but it is up to Christians to get off their rear and play some good music (good to me and the rest of the Nu Metal crowd) Until that time i will use the worldly music as a pacifier.

Edit: Strangely enough, bands like Slipknot actually make me feel good and relaxed, not angry or sad.

John said:
The power behind that music comes from satan, and what I hear you saying is the world can offer you more than God.

Really? I though the power came form the grudgey bass, the screaming guitars and thundering double bass pedals :rolling

I am very open to listening to Christian bands, i listen to them all the time, however i listen to others more. God can offer great things but it is up to Christians to get off their rear and play some good music (good to me and the rest of the Nu Metal crowd) Until that time i will use the worldly music as a pacifier.

Edit: Strangely enough, bands like Slipknot actually make me feel good and relaxed, not angry or sad.
There are two forces in the world. God made music to be worshiped, if your music is not glorifying God guess who it exalts.

John said:

Ditto. :3 I think it's because I grew up with it, but it's nostalgic and lovely and makes me chipper all in one.

watchman F said:
The power behind that music comes from satan

Just because you say that doesn't make it so. The only power satan has is what you give him. You would be hard pressed to find a source that says Cory Taylor, lyrics, worships satan(you may find that he has been said to be a Mormon).

You would think that after years and years some people would clue into the fact that music has no 'soul' or 'spirit' so it can neither be Christian or non, or belonging to any other religion for that matter. What one makes it is what it becomes anything else is just slinging crazy theories around.

cheers

seekandlisten said:
watchman F said:
The power behind that music comes from satan

Just because you say that doesn't make it so. The only power satan has is what you give him. You would be hard pressed to find a source that says Cory Taylor, lyrics, worships satan(you may find that he has been said to be a Mormon).

You would think that after years and years some people would clue into the fact that music has no 'soul' or 'spirit' so it can neither be Christian or non, or belonging to any other religion for that matter. What one makes it is what it becomes anything else is just slinging crazy theories around.

cheers
Music does have a spirit behind it and you are infecting yourself with the spirit it produces, a spirit of darkness.

Metal and Hard Rock Christian Artists and Bands
Links to Web Sites of Metal and Hard Rock Artists and Bands like Jonah33 and Petra.
Flatfoot 56 @ Stryper @
What is Christian Metal / Hard Rock?
Explore music with a real edge and learn more about Christian Metal.
Top Christian Hard Rock Bands
From the underground days of the Resurrection Band of the late 1970's to the 21st century, as a genre, Christian hard rock has twisted, turned and grown. But one thing has remained the same -- the reason they sing and play. These bands all make music for the Lord.

Go here to click on all the links to these bands and much more. Did not have the time to put all the links in here so go here. Lewis
http://christianmusic.about.com/od/meta ... _Bands.htm

Lyrics For Every SongLyrics for All Songs & Albums Huge Database for $9.99/m All Songs gtlyrics.com

Christian Radio OnlineListen to free Christian music online - all styles and genres! http://www.ChristianityRadio.com
If you like Christian Hard Rock Band P.O.D., You Should Check Out...
They're not P.O.D. clones, but if you like P.O.D.'s rockin' sound, you should definitely check out these five bands.
If you Like Hawk Nelson, Check Out These Bands
Since 2004, pop / punk music lovers have fallend in love with Hawk Nelson, helping the quartet sell nearly half a million albums. These guys rock! But they're not the only ones with that great pop / punk sound.
12 Stones
On the bands official web site you will find a message board, news, merchandise, full length Real Audio or Windows Media sound clips, lyrics, video and tour information.
As I Lay Dying
On this hardcore metal band's official site you can see their extensive tour schedule, find out some little known facts about the band members and check out a ton of photos.
Blindside
Blindside's official site offers a complete discography, an MP3 shop, a concert schedule, the latest Blindside news, plenty of music and pics.
Children 18:3
On the band's official MySpace you can listen to their music, see pics and check out where they're going to be playing.
Demon Hunter
The Demon Hunter site is the place to find video and audio clips, tour info and news.
Disciple
Disciple's official site includes music clips, news, a biography, show dates, and photos.
Doubledge
On this New York City band's official site, you can find out more about the band, hear their music, see pics and videos and find out where they're playing.
Emery
On Emery's official site you can find tons of goodies like videos, photos, music, buddy icons and wallpaper.
Eowyn
Successful on radio and on stage, this indie artist is making noise ... and it's good noise. On her site, you can hear full length songs, check out photos, keep up with recent news and find out where she's going to be playing next.
Ever Stays Red
Tour news, photos, music and more about the band can be found on Ever Stays Red's official web site.
Falling Up
Learn more about this popular rock band.
Fireflight
Blend a little bit of progressive metal, modern rock and emo-core and a lot of talent and you've got Fireflight. On their official site you can learn more about them and hear their awesome brand of music.
Flyleaf
Learn more about Lacey and Flyleaf.
Harmony
This Swedish metal band offers great music, pics, wallpapers, tab for their music, tour dates and news.
Jonah33
Jonah33 in review, with the bands bio, a listing of their songs, with links to lyrics and their official site.
Joshua Perahia The Band
On the bands official site you'll find lyrics, gigs, reveiws, downloads and more.
Kronicles
Find tour news, photos and videos on Kronicles' official site.
Kutless
The Kutless profile has info on the band, a complete discography and links to their official site, interviews, lyrics and tab.
Metal For Jesus
Johannes Jonsson has one of the best Christian Metal sites on the internet today. He features info on Christian metal bands from all over the world as well as plenty of stuff on metal music in Christianity.
MxPx
On this popular punk rock band's official site, you will can meet the guys, get free stuff like wallpapers and icons and hear their music.
Narnia
Narnia is a Christian metal band from Sweden. On their site you can find sound clips, videos, news, info and more.
Neviah Nevi
Neviah Nevi is an indie band who has played with Overflow and has joined the Extreme Tour this spring which will be hitting the East Coast.
Norma Jean
Looking for more info on Norma Jean? Their official site is the best place to start. Check out the latest news, the band's discography and tour news while you're listening to their music.
P.O.D. (Payable on Death)
The official web site for this 2003 Echo award winner. Includes a store, video footage, pics, an email list and more.
Pillar
Official site. This is the place to find great resources for the MCA band, Pillar.
Project 86
On the band's official site you can find the latest news, a discography, a journal and, of course, music.
RED
RED's official site offers merchandise, music and much, much more.
Relient K
The profile of the Canton, OH band offers bios, touring info and a whole lot more.
Road to Revelation
This band, which happens to be your Guide's band, has an official website that offers sound clips, pics, in depth bios, daily bible verses and more.
Seven System
This band, which was nominated as "Breakout Artist of the Year" by The American Christian Music Exchange in 2005, blends old school metal with an almost "grunge" sound. On their official site you'll find videos, sound clips, pics and more.
Stellar Kart
Learn more about Stellar Kart through their profile.
Stryper
Learn more about these legends of Christian hard rock.
Thousand Foot Krutch
The bands official site is being revamped and isn't quite finished as of mid-November, but what they have so far is great. Sections of the site include news, downloads, message boards, photos, tour info and an online journal.
Underoath
On this extreme band's website you'll find a journal, photos, a store, the latest news, tour info, and of course, music.
Whitecross
Whitecross is back with a new album coming out in August of 2005. On their site you can check out some of their history, order merchandise or get to know other Whitecross fans.
Wrench
The heavy metal band Wrench has sound clips, a message board, news and more on their new web site.
Sponsored Links

Rock Metal MusicLooking for Rock Metal Music? Find exactly what you want today. Yahoo.com

Metal Rock MusicOur Biggest Sale Ever! Save Up To 45% on Music. Free Ship $25. BarnesandNoble.com/Music

Christian ResourceFind testmonies, songs and videos to strenghten your spiritual life http://www.torchhe.co.uk

Find Top Christian MusicWhich of 255 groups would you like? Get a customized result in 2 min. http://www.hunch.com

Gospel SongsExclusive Introductory Offer Get 30 Gospel Hits on 2CDs & Save $10 Now. http://www.TimeLife.com/ShoutinDownAisles

POD isn't metal, I didn't think As I Lay Dying was was Christian, nor did I know 12 Stones was either. Now that I look at the name, though, it makes sense. lol It's randomly on my boyfriend's server, I'll give it a listen. As is As I lay Dying, but I always thought that was a screamo band so I never listened to it.

Edit oh wow, underoath is too? My boyfriend listens to a lot of Christian bands for not being one himself. xD

john, at times others use metal or rap to themselves in to the fighting mode that is needed in bjj.

it's hard to fight when you are thinking of the lord.

i dont need music to practice that sport. but that "spirit" as watchmen says it. is there.

i have seen it.

how can one be joyous will listening Guns and Roses November Rain

or many others that are simply depressing

i dont find death to be amusing nor relaxing, if i did i would murder for kicks.

I agree that that type of music sets in the individual a sense of power, perhaps that is why i am addicted to them so much seeing as i play the drums to them (drums require the drive and power for me to enjoy it) I just cannot get any satisfaction from listing to happy songs about the Lord.

People may see it a s a struggle but for me I do not feel compelled to change my tastes.

John said:
I agree that that type of music sets in the individual a sense of power, perhaps that is why i am addicted to them so much seeing as i play the drums to them (drums require the drive and power for me to enjoy it) I just cannot get any satisfaction from listing to happy songs about the Lord.

People may see it a s a struggle but for me I do not feel compelled to change my tastes.
We should not be addicted to anything but Jesus, and if we love Jesus with all our hearts, minds, soul, and strength as scripture says then we would want to hear music about Him

We should not be addicted to anything but Jesus, and if we love Jesus with all our hearts, minds, soul, and strength as scripture says then we would want to hear music about Him

Like i said before i like Nu metal music and Christians simply do not supply my demand. It is not that i don't want to listen to Christian music it just that the music out there in my opinion is crap. :lol

The first two Slipknot album are sick!|m| :yes |m|
It up sets me that Slipknot a-lot of times are looked down upon in the metal word,
just because they got popular...

Like i said before i like Nu metal music and Christians simply do not supply my demand. It is not that i don't want to listen to Christian music it just that the music out there in my opinion is crap. :lol

I'm with you, dude. It's not on any religious grounds that I don't like Slipknot. They don't raise alarming questions, scare me or poison the youth of America... They're just really untalented musicians. If I want to listen to metal, I'll put on some German or Polish TechDeath... Not a bunch of high school dropouts with clown masks and black jumpsuits from Iowa.

I love Slipknot, Korn, and some others. Slipknot being Satanic, it's hard to tell really I think. Because as I am sure we all are aware of Slipknot useing the inverted pentagram in their concerts, they might be useing it for entertainment purpusoses, then again only they know really.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back