Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Slipping

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mariamaria

Good day to you all :tongue
I will try to keep this short.. The last few years I have found that I read my bible less and less, pray less and am finding that I am becoming more like a non christian then a christian ( in thought and action). I'm finding being married to a non christian is partly why ( I became a christian after I married hubby).
It is totally my fault that I am influenced by people around me more then by christ.
Although I believe in the bible and all it preaches and although I know and accept Jesus as who he is and the sacrifice he made, I seem to of lost all passion for being a christian an all that goes with it..
I feel endless guilt about not having a relationship with Christ and not living a christian life style but for some unknown reason I have no motivation to do any thing about it although I do start each day promising myself that today is the day I get my faith back on track.
The bible no longer pulls me in like it used to and trying to find a church I feel welcome in is tough too.
As my faith stands, if I were to die tomorrow what would happen to me and more importantly how do I get my motivation back for christ?

My sister,
I've been there. It's more or less like a roller coaster for me. I find myself being very strong at times and in others not even feeling a desire to utter a prayer. I tend to hate myself when I'm in my "lows". The only reason I can see in how I keep ending up there is that if I'm not moving forward in/with Christ then I'm moving backwards.

To answer your questions the best I can I would say that your faith; no matter how much of it you have; saves you from what lies ahead. As for finding your spark for Him again... I don't really know. I suppose I could say to you what's been said to me. A relationship takes two people constantly working at it. If one half fails ... the entire relationship does. I always hated hearing that though.

Maria It is not all bad for this to happen, because as you become more like a non christian you can be reminded of what It is like so when you bounce back you can appreciate them and empathise which wil advantage you in evangelising.

Whatever it is that holds you back its good to sort it out. Here are some culprits.

Unrepentant sin. - stealing stuff (such as online movies and software)

Unforgiveness.

Anger.

Gluttony and drunkenness.

Doubt.

I have been guilty of al of those and they seperated me every time.

I'm with classik. Do you have the resources to pursue Bible-based counseling? That might be a good way to find a spiritual mentor. I'm sure there are other, no-cost ways to do it, but that's one that jumped into my mind.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back