Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So . . . . Is Jesus ever coming back down on the earth?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
D

deep'n'dark

As the thread title asks, Is Jesus ever coming back down on the earth?
Basically Jesus has been waited back by lot of the people, for long time. Jehovas, that visit me now and then, have said Jesus comes back, because the nowday's urgency. In my opinion, he's very needed for lot of the reasons too. If you read the news and follow the happenings of our planet, it seems obvious that we need him back - do you agree?

Seems like a wrong forum.

But Nonetheless,
Just as the bible says, none of us can answer this. I feel that needed or not we can not judge this because we will always think he is needed.

Again, we can hope..or expect..but we will never know.:

"Matthew 24:42-51ESV
Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes."

So if someone suddenly says he's Jesus, do we need a proof like walking on the water?

I believe we will know with no doubt:

Rev. 9:11-16 NIV
"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords."

dnd,
The input you've received surprises me, since they do not believe in the real Jesus. Not being a JW, myself, but only having relatives and associates to draw from I'll not dig into the heretical teachings of their Kingdom Halls but, instead, seek to help you find the answer to your question.

The basic, simple, answer is yes. Much more complex is the reasoning behind this. I was indwelt by the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost (your preference) while singing in the New Year in a C&W Juke Joint December the 31, 1989/90 and have been in daily study from that point forward.

This does not make my answer the authoritative Word of God but in it is what God has revealed to me. One chief sign of the time table for the return of Jesus is the pattern set and revealed in the entire Word of God's perfection, revealed in Seven Actions and Periods of time. Please, do not fall into the trap of Numerology because of this one truth, Numerology has, perhaps, nothing at all to do with the nature of God and if it did, certainly, He would has accentuated the teaching equally with the other teachings of His nature as He did in the Old and New Testaments.

But from this truth we can see that He does liken Seven to perfection. Today, with the advent of DNA, even the Scientist acknowledges the Linage of the Human Race is about 6 to 7 thousand years long. The accepted Time Line of the Bible says about 6 thousand today.

From the scriptures we learn that Jesus "will" rule the Earth, with a Rod of Iron, for 1 thousand years before the death and rebirth of the Earth. Again, Jesus struck the famous Fig Tree dead and told the Disciples that saw this that when the Fig Tree was living, once more, His return was was at hand.

Many, myself included have studied, prayed and have been led by the Holy Spirit to understand the prophecy of the Fig Tree to be of the rebirth of Israel and historically, that happened in May of 1948.

If we look to the Jubilee Year of Israel, that began with 1998 and places the return of Jesus in this time period.

Now please, take it from an old fool, do not set the hour or the day from all of this, I still have Egg dripping from my gray beard 15 years later for pretending I was as smart as God.

God bless my brother and feel free to continue this here of PM me, email me or find me on Facebook and we will learn from each other.

So if someone suddenly says he's Jesus, do we need a proof like walking on the water?

You don't have to be Jesus to walk on the water. Scripture says all that I do, you will do also. It also says His sheep know His voice and will not follow a stranger. If you are unsure, test the Spirits. All of them. Test Jesus if He walks up to you. That's what we are instructed to do.

"Did Jesus Christ come in the flesh?"

Back