Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] so..shame...godly sorrow...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My past life, pre-Christ, was wretched. Wasted money, wasted youth, wasted life. I was on my way out by 19, done for by 20. I'm now 29, soon to be 30.

I had 2 rounds of ECT (not voluntarily). When I came to repentance, I was still kinda vegetative. I should have been dead and in Hell. Grace...unmerited favor, right?

Right. 18 months in, on the heels of my 30th B-day, I realize: I don't deserve any of this. Does anyone? And there's this real sense of disgust over who I used to be, and aspects of who I still am.

Its an unusual feeling. They used to say I was narcissistic, or schizophrenic, but I think I just didn't grow up until recently. I mean, better late than never, right?

So..shame. Maybe, maybe "godly sorrow," in which case I can use it to turn to full repentance, now that I can see more clearly who I was and who I still am.

Its not just me out there who needs to grow up. I'm not the only one who needs at least a touch of godly sorrow. So, my prayer request for tonight it, yes, me-related, but also other people...some other Christians included...who need a touch of regret, hopefully to pull them towards (or closer to) Christ.

So..yeah...I'm still developing that moral compass, that "heart of flesh, not of stone." Good stuff. I pray that I get real morality in my life and so do others, too.

Prayers continue for you, my friend @Christ-empowered , as well as those who need to step close to our Lord in complete faith.

You know right from wrong, you know the ten commandments .... so you have the moral compass already. Now, for the hard part: living that moral compass! We are each daily challenged, in one way or another, to test how firmly we each hold to that moral compass. Thankfully, the love of our Lord makes facing and defeating those challenges all worthwhile! But, as with anything worthwhile, it's not always easy to overcome those challenges. With determination & utter faith in and complete love for our Lord, we succeed!

My past life, pre-Christ, was wretched. Wasted money, wasted youth, wasted life. I was on my way out by 19, done for by 20. I'm now 29, soon to be 30.

I had 2 rounds of ECT (not voluntarily). When I came to repentance, I was still kinda vegetative. I should have been dead and in Hell. Grace...unmerited favor, right?

Right. 18 months in, on the heels of my 30th B-day, I realize: I don't deserve any of this. Does anyone? And there's this real sense of disgust over who I used to be, and aspects of who I still am.

Its an unusual feeling. They used to say I was narcissistic, or schizophrenic, but I think I just didn't grow up until recently. I mean, better late than never, right?

So..shame. Maybe, maybe "godly sorrow," in which case I can use it to turn to full repentance, now that I can see more clearly who I was and who I still am.

Its not just me out there who needs to grow up. I'm not the only one who needs at least a touch of godly sorrow. So, my prayer request for tonight it, yes, me-related, but also other people...some other Christians included...who need a touch of regret, hopefully to pull them towards (or closer to) Christ.

So..yeah...I'm still developing that moral compass, that "heart of flesh, not of stone." Good stuff. I pray that I get real morality in my life and so do others, too.
I pray that you and other Christians as well find their true relationship with Jesus Christ! Stay strong!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back