Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So what about the Purpose Driven Life?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Veritas

Recap from Rain thread about Rick Warren:

jgredline said:
[Emergent church teaches] it is ok to be a Muslim and a Christian at the same time...even Rick Warren is now preaching that...

Veritas said:
:o really?!! Is this a recent thing? I just read an interview that Rick had with an atheist. I'm not sure when the interview took place but here is a clip of it: (I printed this part out for myself because I thought Rick was making some very good points)

[quote:bd8c0]WARREN Buddha made this famous statement at the end of his life: "I'm still searching for the truth." Muhammad said, "I am a prophet of the truth." The Veda says, "Truth is elusive, it's like a butterfly, you've got to search for it." Then Jesus Christ comes along and says, "I am the truth." All of a sudden, that forces a decision.

HARRIS: Many, many other prophets and gurus have said that.

WARREN: Here's the difference. Jesus says, "I am the only way to God. I am the way to the Father." He is either lying or he's not.

We're both betting. He's betting his life that he's right. I'm betting my life that Jesus was not a liar. When we die, if he's right, I've lost nothing. If I'm right, he's lost everything. I'm not willing to make that gamble.

jgredline said:
Craig
Yep, he sure is...Perhaps it is time to start a new thread on ole rick warren and expose his false teachings

or spend some time here...
http://www.pro4machineworks.com/purpose ... _cult.html

or here http://letusreason.org/Popteac28.htm all roads lead to heaven...

Now keep in mind that he has already been reprimanded by the SBC so he will try and stay on the low, but he can't hide......
[/quote:bd8c0]

Javier, Do you mean Southern Baptist Church? Because I've been going to a Bible study with a small Southern Baptist group and we did the Purpose Driven life. There was alot of stuff in it and some of it I just skimmed through, but I thought it was okay. Was there stuff in it that is unbiblical? And why would a SBC group still be doing it?

Yes..Albert Mohler who is the president of the SBC seminary condemned the book and the teachings of Rick Warren....I will begin to post the latest stuff on this apostate...
The problem is where to start... There is so much... :o

Timely CT feature:-

Disorderly Disciplines

When I entered motherhood, my traditional spiritual life became impossible.
Jenell Williams Paris

A lifelong evangelical, I once believed that daily quiet time dialed the only number God answers. In urban ministry as a young adult, I came to see the active life of service as another spiritual practice.

My current church, a postmodern "emergent" congregation, encourages ancient Christian spiritual disciplines such as contemplative prayer and lectio divina.

My faith has been enriched through these diverse practices, but they have never replaced my quiet times with God...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/may/30.48.html

See http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... ml#related

Ian

Ian, interesting post.

Javier, I still have that book, I'm going to go back through it and look at it more closely.

I wonder if I should bring this to the attention of the people in my Bible study. It's going to be really awkward since I'm the new one in it and I've been in the position of being taught rather than teaching.

I don't know a great detail about the PDL, but from I heard and the limited things I read of that book, I don't get a good feeling. There have been things stated about Rick Warren for awhile now regarding his theology.

I know our one adult class in our church teaches from his book "The Purpose Driven Life". I think it is wrong, and I am probably wrong for not sounding an alarm because the woman who teaches the class I think very highly of. But IMO, this is more mainline "establishment" stuff with a twist. It's trying to get people into Christianity who would otherwise not want to be a part.

My take on that is that God will call whom He will call, and I am NOT out to get converts, per se. Neither is God. If we have to compromise or otherwise sugarcoat the gospel, then it no longer becomes the gospel and they become false converts.

When I lived in Southport, we had 40 days going thru that book's 40 chapters: it is very Biblical indeed & each chapter has many Bible quotes & exposition

Southport Elim Pentecostal has many retired pastors & missionaries who know the Bible well

Ian

Ian'

So how do you feel about ''New Age'' teachings, breathings prayer technics, all roads lead to heaven?
How do u feel about the emergent church?

jgredline said:
Tim
Your discernment is right on...Have you browsed the rain thread?

Well, I got myself banned from one Christian forum and on this one one of my threads were removed even though there is no foul language, but only biblical advice.

That tells me where mainline Christendom is going and why people follows such Raca's as this Purpose-Driven fellow.

This is just one more nail in the coffin of mainline Christianity that allows me to be delivered from this massive cult into a home church centered in the bible. Probably in the Tribulation I may even suffer. But rest assured many of the Christians won't suffer--- the man of intrigue will see to it, at least until that riding woman gets nailed. :o

tim_from_pa said:
Well, I got myself banned from one Christian forum and on this one one of my threads were removed even though there is no foul language, but only biblical advice.

That tells me where mainline Christendom is going and why people follows such Raca's as this Purpose-Driven fellow.

This is just one more nail in the coffin of mainline Christianity that allows me to be delivered from this massive cult into a home church centered in the bible. Probably in the Tribulation I may even suffer. But rest assured many of the Christians won't suffer--- the man of intrigue will see to it, at least until that riding woman gets nailed. :o

I for one have never removed any of your threads..Infact, it is nice to see folks who have a good understanding of biblical things..While we will not agree on everything, we do agree on most that I have seen.... I enjoy reading your stuff.....

jgredline said:
I for one have never removed any of your threads..Infact, it is nice to see folks who have a good understanding of biblical things..While we will not agree on everything, we do agree on most that I have seen.... I enjoy reading your stuff.....

Thanks. That's much appreciated, and I find your insights appealing as well.

Back