Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Some here, helped save my life.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ynnebulator

Maybe that's an odd title for a hello thread, but I wanted it to be different and it's actualy true.

Many years ago under a different name (Forgot how to log in under this name) I was in a bind about a bung bussiness I had. Though I wouldnt have done it, I had suicidal thoughts at the time. I was too embarressed to talk to any people in my life and feared harsh judgmental comments. (An unwarrented fear) Anyway after talking about the issues in this forum, I knew that some had actually prayed about my problem. Within a day of the prayer I had managed to liquidate the remains of the bussiness, and even though I made a big loss, the weight was lifted off my shoulders. The irony was that prior to the prayer from people here, I had tried for months to sell the assets of the bussiness.

For the past few years now, I have volunteered a day at the Salvos weekly, just sitting and chatting with the homeless, drug effected etc. While I cant say I have seen any massive outward miracles in that ministry, I am sure that I have facilitated in bringing the love of Jesus to those who I have built relationships with. Through freindships first I have been able to eventually discuss God with these people and they have not recoiled in fear at the mention of Him, as they might have if I just hammered them upon my first meeting.

Anyway thats a little about me.
I just wanted to say that most here are a great team of people, doing Gods loving work to REAL people in different parts of the planet. Dont doubt your effectivness.

Your a good lot.
Benny

Welcome to the forum. :wave

That sounds like a great thing that you are doing in loving others and bringing them into the fold. Proverbs is full of positive statements about those who help the poor. :thumbsup

Back