Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs some of my recent art

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I love working with lighting and shading, and this style I was experimenting with is nothing but shading and lighting--no lines, nothing "solid" under the shading, and color is used very minimally and mainly to emphasize a theme. It's fun to do.

Last edited:
The dragon is truly exceptional. Very well done. My sense of anatomy says that the insertion for the wings should be behind the shoulder, but that's just me. You're clearly growing a recognizable style, and I like it.

Yeah, I didn't notice until late into the drawing, and it would have been rather troublesome to correct. I did fix it some, as the base of the wing was originally protruding from the shoulder blade.

Neat style Quest. I like it. What mediums are you using? Paper? and

Some looks like colored pencil but then some looks like maybe those newer paint or gel pencils/pens? I'm not sure what you call them, Lexy was talking about them the other day.

I actually do most of my work on the computer. Things are a lot easier to edit in digital art programs. (I usually use photoshop elements 5, or GIMP when I have to use a computer that doesn't have photoshop installed.) I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun art tablet, which allows me to use a special pen to draw. So it's almost like drawing on paper.

I do have some fairly decent traditional art, and I tend to prefer sketching on paper to sketching on the computer.
My tools include a few types of pencils (2B, HB, etc), Copic markers (cost a fortune, but very high quality), four different sized art pens, colored pencils, and watercolor colored pencils.

Here are some of my best traditional drawings:
View attachment 4174 View attachment 4175 View attachment 4176View attachment 4177View attachment 4178
1. Pencils
2. Art pens and colored pencils for the fur, Copic marker for the eyes
3. Copic markers and art pens. HB(?) Pencil used for shading on wings. Colored pencils used to add more depth and shading.
4. Pencils, and art pens and Copic markers for the colored one
5. Copic markers and art pens

Last edited:
One of my problems is I'm reluctant to leave my comfort zone sometimes. I have a tendency to stick to what I'm already good at rather than what I need to practice on. But I'm making progress. Used to be the only thing I ever drew was dogs. Now I draw a lot more than just candids, although they still show up in my art a lot.
I like getting requests and commissions because they kinda force me to work on other things. (Although there are some things I refuse to draw for commissions because I'm not good enough at them to feel good about getting paid to draw them.)

I like the Meerkat Samurai he'd make a great Shrek character if Puss in Boots gets a furball.

Wow, a hairy pig ;]

If you do drawing and web browsing, I recommend you install Linux Ubuntu, it has "Krita". This program has like 30-50+ pencils, very nice design, (I think) 3D view, manga and such ;)
I never liked GIMP due to lack of pencils, and photoshop is commersial ;) you can always youtube it ;) God Bless!

Well you definitely have talent that will only mature over time. I don't mean by that what you draw but your confidence, creativity, and expansion into other mediums maybe.
Keep the art coming. :)

Back