Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

(Some) OSASers must believe that God created human robots!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why was Peter not sifted as wheat?

Why did Satan have the right to enter Judas?

JLB

Answer my questions and i'll answer yours. Dialogue remember :biggrin

Here they are again.

1. How do you know Ananais and Sapphira are saved and didn't walk away from their salvation ?
2. Do you say Judas is saved or walked away from his salvation ?
3. If Judas is saved how do you know ?

If you can't answer it's ok just say "I don't know "

Christ's sacrifice on the cross was complete. Rom 6:10, Heb 7:27, Heb 9:12, 26, Heb 10:10.
It was ONCE, for all sin. In order to receive the gift of redemption, we must accept Jesus as our savior.

The effectualness of that is not negated when we walk away, if we walk away.
Then why all of the NT warning Scriptures about believers losing eternal life?

OSAS is NOT supported in scripture. THAT is my utmost concern.
Count that down as a ditto for myself and Jethro (may he rest, dead or alive, in peace).
IMO, most American Christians today believe in OSAS!
(Especially the mafia who go to mass on Sunday and continue their killing on Monday.)

As I never have, I can't relate to how, except to say that if we stop listening to the Holy Spirit's prodding when we do stray, it won't take long to stop hearing from Him all together. As I quoted above in Heb 6 & 10, it depicts those who do give up or shrink back. God does not warn us about things that do not or can not happen.
God gave the Apostles to Jesus and set His seal on them, yet Judas gave up. No one knows the thought processes he went through, but eventually his guilt about what he did and the realization of who he did it too made him kill himself. I CAN'T relate to that.

Your mind gets taken over by the cares of the world. How many Christians want it all, the nice house, the vacation, the money. Even the servants of God can get caught up in it. That's not to say God will abandon us, but you have to resist the devil.

You can't lose your salvation once you are born again, no matter if you fall into sin or not.

Actually you can if you don't keep your mind on what you are doing. Salt is good, but salt that has lost its saltness isn't good for anything. And branches that don't receive the rain from heaven dry up and whither and are broken off.
  1. Luke 8:6
    And some fell on the rock; and as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture.

2. John 15:6
    If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned.
John is saying they were in the vine but they didn't abide in him, so they withered as a branch withers. What can we say? These are the ones who don't keep his commandments. They don't seek. They don't get any water. They don't grow in the knowledge of God. When the sun rose they were scorched; and since they had no root they withered away. Mt. 13:6

To my Calvinist friends, the outside world is hostile to God. You don't find God in the media anymore. Where once we used to see something, now we don't see it anymore. It's as if God has abandoned the godless. But I like your faith. It's actually kind of innocent which is what Jesus said, you have to become like children. You're right as long as you abide in Him you will have the assurance of eternal life. God saves whomever he wills. Believe in Him and he will direct your steps and keep you from evil. Just one thing I would say; pray the Lord's prayer when you are alone, in secret, and He will give you what you need.

To my other friends, God gave you a believing heart and the intelligence and the ability to understand (assuming he did). Don't test his kindness. Our will is to do His will. Unless you love the world more than you love God the argument for freewill is about as stupid as it gets.

You were bought with blood. 1 Cor. 6:20, 7:23 You don't belong to yourself anymore.

Last edited:
Could you answer the questions again here please so that I can fully understand what you mean ?

1. How do you know Ananais and Sapphira are saved and didn't walk away from their salvation ?

1. The Bible tells us they were.
2. Judas became apostate, then a traitor so he was NOT saved when he killed himself.

Answer my questions and i'll answer yours. Dialogue remember :biggrin

Here they are again.

You posed that to me agua, not JLB. You seem to have your posts mixed up.

1. The Bible tells us they were.
2. Judas became apostate, then a traitor so he was NOT saved when he killed himself.

1, Can you show me the scriptures that tell us they are saved and didn't walk away? I mean we know they were amid believers but why do you claim they were/are saved.

2. At what point are you suggesting Judas became unsaved; Judas was a thief very early in his ministry was he saved then ?

You posed that to me agua, not JLB. You seem to have your posts mixed up.

Yeah that's right. JLB replied to my post to you containing the questions.

I was a member of a large Baptist forum for several years.
ALL of them are staunch OSASers!
I just resigned form CF.com where there is a huge contingent of RT supports including many of the staff. They are biased in how they treat those opposed to it. Also they call JWs and Mormons Christians, so I had to leave. I was training to be a mod when all these things came to light. It is sad how some take their beliefs to extreme bias.

1, Can you show me the scriptures that tell us they are saved and didn't walk away? I mean we know they were amid believers but why do you claim they were/are saved.

2. At what point are you suggesting Judas became unsaved; Judas was a thief very early in his ministry was he saved then ?

Have answered both in this thread, and fairly recently. If you don't care to read all my posts then I have no compunction in refusing to answer your repeated questions in the same vane.

Have answered both in this thread, and fairly recently. If you don't care to read all my posts then I have no compunction in refusing to answer your repeated questions in the same vane.
Stan, it sounds like you are taking your beliefs to extreme bias.
Why don't you just answer his questions in a manner that we can all understand?

2.4: . ... Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

Stan1953 Please read and understand the ToS

2.4: . ... Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.
Stan1953 Please read and understand the ToS

I have read and do understand them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back