Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Some Talk The Talk But May Stumble Walking The Talk

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't suffer from road rage. I am that idiot driver who is causing you all to go crazy.

No worry, I am in my own little world with the music blasting pretending I am 21 on the dance floor. I am probably singing to the top of my lungs dancing in the car as much as possible. I am not paying any attention to you or anyone else on the road. :wave

You don't drive a little yellow Volkswagen bug with a "well behaved women seldom make history" bumper sticker zipping in and out of traffic by any chance, do you? :lol

I believe the car and traffic is the perfectl testing ground for growing in the Fruits of Spirit in terms of Galations 5:22-23 "But the Spirit produce love(ie respect other road users) , joy(being a saved Christain and a member of God's family, obvious to others), peace (smiling at a grumpy driver), patience(when an old car breaksdown and you cant pass or you are behind a smokey truck on a mountain pass on a blind rise) , kindness(helping someone with engine problem or phoning for help) , goodness(paying traffic violation ticket), faithfulness(waving at traffic official thanking him for his patience) , humility(saying sorry when you have made a blunder),self-controll(say no more).

Yep, very well said. :yes

And don't get me started about how using public transportation is a test for the Fruits of the Spirit. When you're crowded tightly with a bunch of strangers in a bus, especially in summer when it's all hot and sweaty and oxygene is rare keeping one's aggression under control is an arduous trial. :lol The 7:11 am bus from my village to downtown is the advanced version of the trial. Honestly, I fail it every morning.
try driving a stick shift truck behind some elder person with the ny tags or from new England and drives real slow.

I'm always listening to my audio Bible

There are so many free audio Bibles available on the net today...and IPODS have more memory than ever lately. Room for the Bible and your favorite Christian music. Just a thought.

I used to be a lead foot and quick to anger on the road. Bridling my tongue is perhaps my biggest obstacle that I'm working on. The last few years I find myself making excuses for others on the road. I tell myself that the people who are in a big hurry must be trying to get home to a sick child or wife in labor, and the slowpokes probably just got a big speeding ticket and are over compensating or something. It's amazing how well this is working for me. It helps curb the frustration very well.

[Joyce Meyers...] I love her style of preaching!

That's good stuff right there :)

yick, I cant stand joyce meyer. I will post here what I said to my brother. if she hasn't changed her position that jesus died and went to hell then she really doesn't know the basics. hell wasn't around then.jesus died and in the spirit went into sheol and preached to the spirits in prison. as recorded by peter.
one peter 3
<sup> </sup>For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
<sup class="versenum">19 </sup>By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
<sup class="versenum">20 </sup>Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water

if she hasn't changed her position that jesus died and went to hell then she really doesn't know the basics. hell wasn't around then.jesus died and in the spirit went into sheol and preached to the spirits in prison. as recorded by peter.
one peter 3

None of us have got it ALL right. Joyce teaches a lot of good stuff. Like stop feeling sorry for yourself, put your trust in the Lord, stand up to satan and fight that battle that rages in your mind.

Personally, I don't listen to her much because I want to go into other things in the Bible besides what she has been called to do. But I bought, for someone else, her Battle of the Mind book I think it's called because someone else told me it was really good. That person I gave it to said it was really helpful to her.

there are other things. I didn't mention them. I have read that book a while ago.she is of the word of faith movement. a movement that I as a pentacostal don't care for nor my pastor.has meyer ever in the spirit forewarned a man of death and four days later he dies?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back