Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Somebody chat with me?!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Fembot said:
Somebody chat with me?...

Here goes...I like discussing heavenly things and how they relate to us earthly children. As mom of 3 daughters, and 2 grandchildren, I have come to know that each individual has their own particular struggle. When they cry, I cry with them. When they rejoice, I rejoice with them. When they travel the world, I travel (in my thoughts) with them. I encourage each of them to look to their heavenly father above, and 'tell Him your thoughts, your pains, your sorrows, as well as all the good things for which you are thankful'.

So, Fem, though others may not be 'listening' to your every word and longing, God does hear and more than we can know and understand, HE is the ONE who cares most of all.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. KJV

In Christian love and fellowship...Ret

Yes, I believe in speaking with God. I also get bored sometimes and like "socialize" with people (preferably Christians). I think we all have this basic want.

Fembot said:
Yes, I believe in speaking with God. I also get bored sometimes and like "socialize" with people (preferably Christians). I think we all have this basic want.

Fem, I'll share a little story that has helped me many times, when I get bored, or just don't feel like doing anything. After my husband I got married we bought 2 acres of land - all wooded. Early on, we decided to plant a dozen fruit trees. In my younger years, I had grown up around fruit trees, first in Florida then in Colorado. So, to have fruit trees would be exciting for me.

After selecting the trees it took a couple days for the both of us to get them in place. The first evening they were in the ground, my husband and I knelt down near the trees to "pray and ask God to keep the deer and rabbits from eating the bark on the young trees just planted in the ground". AMEN! Simple and short, but I knew if the rabbits and deer ate the bark, the trees would die. Next day, I checked the little orchard...all was OK.

Then two days later, among the trees, I saw a snake. Trembling and full of fear, I yelled to my husband. "Please come and kill this snake". He came, shovel in hand...looked at the snake...then said. This is a black snake...sure you want to KILL it? "Sure" I said, then continuing, "I don't like snakes", to which he replied, "but black snakes keep the rabbits from eating the bark off young trees...they also help scare the deer away". Ohhhh....Then I was ashamed of myself because...God had answered my prayer, and sent the snake to care for the young fruit trees, only I wanted to 'kill' the thing, because I did not like the answer!

Peace to you...Ret

Good story! I don't like snakes either. But you'r prayer was answered, huh. I don't know how I would feel about that :oops
I can see this parallels the thought that you better be careful what you ask for, right! Sometimes you won't like what you get...

Fembot said:
Good story! I don't like snakes either. But you'r prayer was answered, huh. I don't know how I would feel about that :oops
I can see this parallels the thought that you better be careful what you ask for, right! Sometimes you won't like what you get...
Yes, I think my prayer was answered, but I also think our heavenly Father would not give us something we don't need, rather He gives us what we do need. So, I am learning to be OK with black snakes because they are good creatures and work on keep the bugs away besides I also learned that both black snakes and King snakes kill Rattle snakes. Other than being intimidating to humans, the black snake will not hurt human beings, thought they might react if you step on one or tease them.

Then too, I also believe that God gives us things we don't like, because we need the discipline. I would be more of a dominating, hard to get along with kind of person, if it were not for the gentle discipline of our Heavenly Father, though sometimes it comes across as painful. But, that doesn't last long!

My youngest daughter now says...need to find something good in everything you don't like! With 3 years in the army, incl one year in Iraq, she has come a long way.

Peace N Blessings...Ret

Fembot said:

Well God did say that it is not good for man to be alone. I wouldn't classify socializing as a want, I would personally say it's a need or even a responsibility. By taking time to socialize with other believers, we can help keep each other accountable to God's word and teachings, as well as strengthen each other and bear each others burdens, as scripture tells us. A very Acts chapter 2 kind of model. As for socializing with those who do not yet believe, that is of course the great commission, to reach out to those who do not yet know the Lord and tell of his greatness!

Photosmith said:
Fembot said:

Well God did say that it is not good for man to be alone. I wouldn't classify socializing as a want, I would personally say it's a need or even a responsibility. By taking time to socialize with other believers, we can help keep each other accountable to God's word and teachings, as well as strengthen each other and bear each others burdens, as scripture tells us. A very Acts chapter 2 kind of model. As for socializing with those who do not yet believe, that is of course the great commission, to reach out to those who do not yet know the Lord and tell of his greatness!

True indeed. Except, I would testify to an unbeliever but not necessarily socialize with them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back