Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Something to praise Him for!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Feldew

The last few years have been a struggle to understand God's Purpose for my life. I've made a thread about it here (http://www.christianforums.net/f40/too-far-gone-fix-36234/) and I'm sure you can tell from some of the other random posts I've made throughout the forums.

Well at work we have a lost and found box which has been left forgotten in the back room as we now use a drawer under the cash register for lost items. So yesterday while I'm at work, I suddenly decide to look inside this box, and all I find is this: Amazon.com: Abundant Life: New Testament (Experience the Presence of God in Everyday Life) (9781414301754): Tyndale House: Books

Finding that thing hit me really hard. Not only have I had utter silence from God for nearly four years, I have always struggled with not knowing what to read in the Bible (I've always needed a clear direction to go for me to understand where I'm being lead). Not only that, it was in a translation I thought I'd never enjoy reading. Can anyone say God's heavily implying that I need a change in my life and that He's ready to take me there? I needed a direction to go in, and I think I'll be reading this thing cover to cover straight away. :study

Hi Feldew.

Someone I consider very wise recently told me that I God wants you to change, He will do the changing.

I sincerely hope that you will find answers in this book that He brought to you. Keep us updated, please?

Well, thus far I have found it fantastic. I've learned right away about letting go and letting God take over, although I must say it has been hard not to worry. It's been very relieving to relinquish control of my life to Him, and this is the first time in my life that I've really been able to do that. Despite the spiritual hardship the past few years have been, it's toughened me up enough to prepare me to let God take over my life in a way I never have before. Which is super cool.

Also... I knew about ChristianMingle for a very long time, but I have never--and I repeat never--seen it advertised anywhere but the internet in the four years I've known about it. However today the television was on at my boyfriend's aunt and uncle's home and an ad for the website happened to pop up. Which is another comforting sign from God.

Back