Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sons Of God, Giants & The New World Order - Pt 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
sorry dont buy into angels having sex with humans..
Nor do I ezra .. i think i was not clear in my post to you... some times we just remember what Jesus said.

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Sex is a titillating subject for many and then add angels they have a best seller..
Enough of this for me..

if you want to believe angels having sex with human being and having a child so be it maybe you can arrange something with some one that GABRIEL and some one could hook up get married have kids......

So that's your response, to the scriptures with the context I gave you.

Just sarcasm and personal opinion?

This shows me you have closed your eyes and your heart, to any truth the bible has to say about this subject.

That's not the best way to have a discussion about any bible subject.

What is so sad, is that there are people who actually "like" they way you have responded.

So be it.

God bless you, sir.

ME

Try it this way ezra :)

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Hasn't changed the subject matter or context one single bit.

We still see Jude has quoted Enoch.

We still see that the Holy Spirit has inspired Jude.

We see that Jude has contexually associted these angels with sexually immorality.

We still see that Peter also says they were angels, even to the point of referring to them as spirits.

We still see that Peter calls them angels, and associates them with Noah, as well as the sexually immoral of Sodom.

For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;
2 Peter 2:4-6

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us[e] to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 1 Peter 3:18-20

ME

So that's your response, to the scriptures with the context I gave you.

Just sarcasm and personal opinion?

This shows me you have closed your eyes and your heart, to any truth the bible has to say about this subject.

That's not the best way to have a discussion about any bible subject.

What is so sad, is that there are people who actually "like" they way you have responded.

So be it.

God bless you, sir.

ME
ho hum if you want to live on fantasy island angels having sex with human beings and then having children, if that be the case then all it would take is someone marry a angel have sex get pregnant and have a angelic baby :wall

ho hum if you want to live on fantasy island angels having sex with human beings and then having children, if that be the case then all it would take is someone marry a angel have sex get pregnant and have a angelic baby :wall

This is a strawman, which is why you feel like you're beating your head against the wall.

This is a strawman, which is why you feel like you're beating your head against the wall.
straw man? maybe you could match up some of your friends or family with a angel .they get married and have children. the human anatomy functioning has not changed sine GOD created ADAM AND EVE so if angels had sex back then. they can do it today... you hold on to your" theory " it is of no matter to me

The Jews held a very high view of scriptures and The Law. So high (due to The Law) they were not allowed to quote it to another unless under the direction of a Levite.
But
They could quote Talmud. The Talmud is a group of stories they made up that would in a backhanded fashion relate principles of life. (Like Aesop's Fables) Talmud had many Characters taken from scriptures...but no sound Biblical basis. They had tales such as What Cain said to Abel to get him into the field. The Assumption of Moses. Elijah's journey and many more.

When I mention the expression "sour grapes" it is a line from Aesop's Fables and is considered common knowledge as to what I am talking about...that something I wanted I claimed wasn't worth going after to begin with.
Peter and Jude being good, Law abiding Jews would be much more comfortable quoting Talmud than any prophecy or other portion of the Tenakh. (Old Testament)

Of course The Book of Enoch is Talmud. Of course Jude and Peter quoted these stories...they were common knowledge of their culture. "May the force be with you" is something from our culture these 2,000 years later.

That's quite the theory you have there, John. So are you saying that those words are the words of Jude and Peter and not really the inspired words of God? The words of Jesus?

That's quite the theory you have there, John. So are you saying that those words are the words of Jude and Peter and not really the inspired words of God? The words of Jesus?
Not at all...
But I understand from where the quotes came from. The principles that Peter and Jude were stating are more important... moreso than how they made them. Even Jesus quoted the Talmud tale of Enoch. It was popular culture at the time.
The Jews considered the Theatre to be quite sinful...so much so they had an expression about how you shouldn't allow even your shadow to fall on the building. The original word hypocrite was actually a reference to an actor (thespian)...instead of the meaning it has become today.

But books and stories were common forms of entertainment at the local Synagogue. Jesus, Peter, and Jude simply referenced the pop culture...just like any pastor today might.

I say if you're gonna quote any of the Talmud or Enoch, you better have a very good understanding of the Bible first .. There's a lot of godless looking quotes in the Talmud .

The Jews held a very high view of scriptures and The Law. So high (due to The Law) they were not allowed to quote it to another unless under the direction of a Levite.
But
They could quote Talmud. The Talmud is a group of stories they made up that would in a backhanded fashion relate principles of life. (Like Aesop's Fables) Talmud had many Characters taken from scriptures...but no sound Biblical basis. They had tales such as What Cain said to Abel to get him into the field. The Assumption of Moses. Elijah's journey and many more.

When I mention the expression "sour grapes" it is a line from Aesop's Fables and is considered common knowledge as to what I am talking about...that something I wanted I claimed wasn't worth going after to begin with.
Peter and Jude being good, Law abiding Jews would be much more comfortable quoting Talmud than any prophecy or other portion of the Tenakh. (Old Testament)

Of course The Book of Enoch is Talmud. Of course Jude and Peter quoted these stories...they were common knowledge of their culture. "May the force be with you" is something from our culture these 2,000 years later.

This is an incomplete and inaccurate description of what the Talmud is, and how it's used.

Luke 17:25-30

Mt 22:29-30 has Jesus relaying a concept only found in Enoch. This also happens to be your foundational verse on the topic, which puts the Sethite conclusion in jeopardy.

NT references Enoch at least 40+ times, and ECF's treated it just like the rest of Scripture. Here's some links with interesting info many don't seem to be aware of:

http://torahdrivenlife.com/articles/enoch/defending-the-book-of-enoch/

http://nazarenespace.com/m/blogpost?id=2182335:BlogPost:244700

You got anything other than "You're wrong"?

It's fairly complex to lay out how the Talmud is used, and best left to a Rabbi. It is possible to ask some Rabbis questions online, and some have recorded videos addressing tiny little aspects of this. It's impossible to summarize in one post, as you've tried to do here. There's what, over 20 volumes?

Also, there seems to be no mention of Enoch being in the Talmud, but many statements alluding to why it couldn't be. You may be right and it is in there, in some form, which would almost have to differ from anything we can read, just as the rest of Scripture differs in Hebrew.

Since I'm not comfortable with angel/human relations, it's not true. In life, that is the best way to figure things out I find. I start with a premice that i'm comfortable with, then I seek out only the information that matches my preconceived notions, strengthening my belief that I know the truth. As a Catholic, I don't even need God for forgiveness. I just go to a priest and he says, "you are absolved my son".

Ok.

Can you at least review the points I made from the scriptures I posted, and comment where you disagree.

Secondly, the scriptures say they are like the angels "in heaven", which is the abode and domain that these angels did not keep, in which they manifested in the earth, when the had relations with the daughters of men.

For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
Mark 12:25

• but are like angels in heaven.

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:34-36

Thirdly, I would point out, that it is when we "are counted worthy to attain that age and the resurrection from the dead", that we will be called sons of God, because we are like the angels.

The point being, that day has not yet come, so we who are in Christ, are called sons of God through faith, in which we have the hope of becoming sons of God, through the grace and power of the Spirit.

The final point in this, Galatians says those of us who are in Christ, are neither male nor female.

Obviously, those of us who are in Christ, are still male and female and can still marry and have children, which means that Paul is speaking "spiritually", we are neither male nor female, slave of free, Jew or Gentile.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

JLB
You are doing a pretty good job. I don’t think like enters into many minds.
Human nerves are like angels. Messengers are messengers, but the message they carry can vary:
We are sent ones ourselves. We are sent with the gospel message.

I harp on Romans 7:25 a lot.

The inner man is not exactly the outer flesh man.

The following does not mean Satan had relations with mothers. More than likely:
Demonic messengers
Doctrine of Demons
Caused their problems.

John 8:44 KJV
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

When Paul addresses Timothy.
II Timothy 2:1 KJV
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

He is speaking of their spiritual relationship.

Now let us say there were giants. They would be types and shadows of things to come and not ultimately spiritual realities.

The apostles might be called giants in one sense.

My flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom.

Like — Symbolism

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back