Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sorry, but Christians, Jews and Muslims do NOT worship the same God....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jhn 4:19 - The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
Jhn 4:20 - Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Jhn 4:21 - Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Jhn 4:22 - Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Jhn 4:23 - But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24 - God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.
Jhn 4:25 - The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Jhn 4:26 - Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am [he].

It no longer bothers me to accept that Christians, Jews and Muslims can worship the same God. The significant difference is in what each faith teaches about our one true God. In choosing to believe what Mohammad conveyed about God, Muslims condemn themselves to worshiping that Whom they don't actually believe they can ever know. Therefore, Muslims can worship the God of Abraham which they know not. They just do it poorly through vain works rather than in spirit and in truth.

Still am spending time on the secular board. Today a thread about Muslim extremists is being discussed.

It always surprises me when Christians will state that Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God.

I've never seen Muslims or Jews make this assertion, but it always gets brought up and so many time Christians will be on board with it. I don't care about non-Christians saying it, because they are looking at it from a historical and culteral aspect. But, Christians should know better.

How can we be worshipping Jesus as God... and say that Muslims and Jews worship the same God when they reject Jesus as the Son of God?

Lol.... just got off the other board where I was being chastised for not knowing religious history in the matter.
I don't think Jesus or Buddha or Mohammad knew much more world-religion- history than you do.
That kind of knowledge is less significant than spiritual knowledge.

Spiritually, no 2 people worship the same God, because the kingdom (realm/experience) of God is unique for each.
Some people really feel the spirit when they go to a church, others fear churches but feel God in nature.
God is like the sun - we can experience the sun from many points.

Still, I do like one thing Buddha taught, and that's to stick with what inspires you from the religious/spiritual upbringing of your youth.
That tends to be how each of us will resonate with God, best.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims don't all worship the same God.

But Christians and Jews do.

John 18:6
s soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

ἐγώ εἰμι
Ego Eimi
I Am

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/joh18.pdf

Exodus 3:13-14
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And what about this?
יהוה
Yahweh (I Am that I am)

י - Yod - Hand / arm / work

ה - he - Look / Behold

ו - vav - Nail / Secure

ה - he - Behold / Look

Hand Behold Nail Behold (behold the hand that was nailed?)

<dir>2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
</dir>

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but there is actually a denomination of Jews who accept Christ but focus more on the old testiment. Just thought I would point that out as they are an interesting bunch.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but there is actually a denomination of Jews who accept Christ but focus more on the old testiment. Just thought I would point that out as they are an interesting bunch.

Jews for Jesus and Messianic Jews (2 different groups)

You can't bunch them into categories, it doesn't work.
Anyone in Jews for Jesus will tell you they are Messianic Jews.

They way I've heard it:
Jews for Jesus - Jews that follow the ways of the church.
Messianic Jews - Jews that follow the ways of the Holy Bible.

Jews for Jesus - Jews that follow the ways of the church. Messianic Jews - Jews that follow the ways of the Holy Bible

Jew for Jesus is a missionary organization.
They are made up of almost exclusively born again Jews with many gentile supporters such as myself.

There is a documentary by Jeremiah Films called "Messianic Jews...why should I care?".
It is about some 200 congregations in Israel that worship Jesus, most of them meeting in homes.
Jews for Jesus is included in this group.
They do not hold services but do hold meetings and rallies and teach witnessing, all in Israel.

All these groups are independent, do not call themselves an organization called Messianic Jews as some seem to think.
This idea of a Jerusalem Council of organized Messianic Jews was alien to me until I joined this forum.
They do not speak for all Messianic Jews as some may think.
What this does is lump everyone into one category.
Imagine being a pentecostal and having someone say that you and baptists are all the same.
Or that pentecostals follow the Bible and baptists follow the ways of the church.

I think people would be hurt and cause more division in the church.

I hope I'm saying this okay, I sometimes get carried away.

Dora.....Is it REQUIRED to understand God perfectly...BEFORE....we can pray to Him? No....then.....how much understanding is REQUIRED....and just what is the minimal standard for praying to God? Can a 3 year old mutter an authentic prayer to God?.....How 'bout a 2 year old?

Now, is that lil child's prayer to a false God......because they haven't a clue about Jesus as Lord of Creation....but rather picture Santa Claus in their mind?

God says...."I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy"......It is not fitting for Christian adults to mock the prayers of a little Hindu child or 19 year old Muslim girl or even the deranged shouts of a terrorist. We should be mature in our words and not sophmoric.

I have a question for anybody that wants to answer. What God do the Jews worship exactly?

I have a question for anybody that wants to answer. What God do the Jews worship exactly?

Jews worship Yawheh (YHWH יהוה)
Christians worship Yahweh (YHWH יהוה) who manifested himself in the flesh, as Jesus Christ [1 Timothy 3:16]
And Muslims worship Allah. Muslims are from Ishmael's descendants who are the opponents of Isaac's descendants which is the Davidic line that Jesus was born in.

Thus Islam is not near Christianity nor Judaism, but a babylonian religion.

Christians worship Yahweh (YHWH יהוה) who manifested himself in the flesh, as Jesus Christ [1 Timothy 3:16]

Uhhh.....ok, so Jews worship Yawheh, that what? came from San Francisco?

Uhhh.....ok, so Jews worship Yawheh, that what? came from San Francisco?
Well we know that a Jew that has rejected Christ has in fact really rejected the Father also. There is no "Jewish" religion that has access to the One True God. So to say "Jews worship Yawheh" is a false statement, because they have denied Him, when they denied His Son.

Obviously the religion of modern Judaism acknowledges the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as the One True God or Living God as we do. However we also teach if you have seen the Son you have seen the Father.

Eternal Life:That one may "KNOW", not just acknowledge, the One true God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.

Randy

And Muslims worship Allah. Muslims are from Ishmael's descendants who are the opponents of Isaac's descendants which is the Davidic line that Jesus was born in.

Thus Islam is not near Christianity nor Judaism, but a babylonian religion.

So "legitimate" prayer to God is based on bloodlines?

I know you are not stating that it was, (ref:bloodlines), and understand the context of your question to YosefHayim but thought I would posts Jesus's answer to worshipping God.

John 4

19“Sir,†the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.â€

21“Woman,†Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.â€

25The woman said, “I know that Messiah†(called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.â€

26Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to youâ€I am he.â€

The Kikuyu, a Bantu tribe of Kenya have a deity, Ngai, and his major characteristics are:

He cannot be seen with mortal eyes.

He is all-pervading but may concentrate his presence or essence in a specific location. He favoured Mt Kenya.

No idols exist representing him; these are forbidden.

He was not created.

He has no spouse or consort.

They were receptive to some tragically erroneous ideas as well, no doubt.

But who had taught them the RIGHT ideas regarding God, if not, well, God?

That's not what I am saying.

Well we know that a Jew that has rejected Christ has in fact really rejected the Father also. There is no "Jewish" religion that has access to the One True God. So to say "Jews worship Yawheh" is a false statement, because they have denied Him, when they denied His Son.

So then who are Jews worshiping? I always wonder why God wouldn't save his "originals"

Back