Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Spiritual Psychic

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have no I idea how to spell so that may be wrong. I have no idea. Anyway when I was in Florida we were driving in our 15 passenger van and we passed a church with a sign that said "Spirital Physic" and it was a Christian Church. Um...I'm sorry but what? What is a spiritual physic? I made a comment and immediatly I was pushed back with "don't judge" I shut up after that. Well a spiritual physic seems a little fishy to me. Does that sound odd to anyone else?

Re: Spiritual Physic

The first one. The one where they can contact spirits and stuff like that.

They are very real. Please avoid those.

when I was in Florida we were driving in our 15passenger van and we passed a church with a sign that said"Spirital Physic" and it was a Christian Church.

Calling it a Christian Church doesn't make it one.

I have people in my area who worship the devil. They call this christian church. (I'm not saying that these people you mentioned are...but from the look of things they seem fetish...)

Stay away from them. The Spirit in you will guide you

I have no I idea how to spell so that may be wrong. I have no idea. Anyway when I was in Florida we were driving in our 15 passenger van and we passed a church with a sign that said "Spirital Physic" and it was a Christian Church. Um...I'm sorry but what? What is a spiritual physic? I made a comment and immediatly I was pushed back with "don't judge" I shut up after that. Well a spiritual physic seems a little fishy to me. Does that sound odd to anyone else?

PLEASE, don't ever "shut up" just because others want you to :) ... you have as much right to speak as them, and you're probably more correct than they are (people usually try to silence others when they fear discussion/debate).

It would depend heavily on the denomination, because there's a lot of different perspectives out there. At the worst, there's people using nonChristian and possibly demonic channels to try and communicate with the dead. Then there's the moneymakers who pretend to communicate with loved ones from beyond, for a hefty fee. They tend to make up their own "religion" as they go along; Sylvia Browne is an example of this.

Finally, it may be simply that the sermon that week is themed around the issue of spirituality or psychics, and no actual promotion of the topic is intended... Some churches will put interesting/controversial items on their signs, to pique people's interest and have them show up on Sundays.

PLEASE, don't ever "shut up" just because others want you to :) ... you have as much right to speak as them, and you're probably more correct than they are (people usually try to silence others when they fear discussion/debate).

It would depend heavily on the denomination, because there's a lot of different perspectives out there. At the worst, there's people using nonChristian and possibly demonic channels to try and communicate with the dead. Then there's the moneymakers who pretend to communicate with loved ones from beyond, for a hefty fee. They tend to make up their own "religion" as they go along; Sylvia Browne is an example of this.

Finally, it may be simply that the sermon that week is themed around the issue of spirituality or psychics, and no actual promotion of the topic is intended... Some churches will put interesting/controversial items on their signs, to pique people's interest and have them show up on Sundays.

I think it is even better (at times) to avoid conversing with them :)

What do you think (especially when it has to do with the worship of demons....communion with the devil)?

I had no desire to go in to that churh. It sounded fishy. It didn't look like a sermon of the week sign. It said that they had a spiritual psychic.

And as for me shutting up....well I could have kept talking but that would have ended in yelling and probably me getting a lecture from the teacher. Plus later on in the trip I was actually having a nice discussin about religion with someone and Nikki kept smacking me and telling me "no religious discussions!" She didn't smack me hard but I did stop talking after a while.

At my school you just don't talk about religion...

Now back to the spiritual psychic why would they have one at a Christian church? It seems really really really odd. I mean why don't they just skip the Chirstian part and say "psychic here!"

All I can think of is that everybody's intrigued by the occult. I mean, its human nature to want secret knowledge and to have the ability to make things happen, to be special in an other worldly kind of way.

Even though the Bible is pretty clear that this sort of thing is not at all OK, its still going to happen sometimes. I'd just steer clear of any such places.

I plan to. Acttualy while on the trip we went on this ghost tour and while on it there was this doll named robert that wouldn't let you take his picture and you had to be nice to him. Well turns out Robert was a demon. The tour guide showed us a picture of Robert (whoever took it muct have been nice to him) and we all had to say goodnight to him. I tried to keep my eyes down. We were going to see this demon but decided not to because it was so late. Me and this guy named JJ made plans that if we were going to see Robert me and him would go for coffee instead. So yeah I know how people can be obsessed with the occult and I don't plan to go near it. Also I was a little surprised but not surprised Robert was this big attraction yet he had done horrible thigs to people. :/ that is not right. This world is so messed up. Sorry about the tangent.

There is or was a prayer topic. (I have not asked my sister about the situation again).

Someone went online and began searching for some information. He visited an occultic page - DELIBERATELY (I won't give the name of the Site here unless you request it through PM...it is better you don't even ask, for your good). The page asked him to fill in his profile info. The first instruction was: Type your Name and Surname to begin. The guy gave a false name and sent it.

The new page replied: Sorry. We can't accept this information. This isn't your name.

He thought it was a joke and typed another false name. The same thing happened. He became a little frightened and decided to fianlly give his real name. He did. What happened:

Welcome! You have successfully entered your real name. Proceed with the other required information...

He got up and fled. He was in a public building. Right from that moment his countenance changed. He nearly went mad. Something went wrong with him 'cause he must complete the registration.

He finally opened up to people. Well...he's being prayed for and delivered.

I don't know how he is now. If I meet my sister I will ask her...

So, we should be careful what we do. Most things are evil and demonic.

Yes it is odd and you are right to question what seems odd to you.
Here is a quote from Jesus

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

We need not be judgmental to the point of finger pointing and picking at other folks.... We can look to the Scriptures for help in discerning if 'things' are of God or not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back