Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Spouses with different beliefs

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 1 Corinthians 7:12b-13 NIV

Because they are Christians with Christian beliefs, they should be able to resolve any differences or just agree to disagree. Husband/wife or whoever, I don't know anyone who agrees 100% with everything in the Bible so, shouldn't be a serious problem.

As mentioned you are being vague so if there is something in particular, I suppose what I just said could depend on the problem.

Sorry for making it seem vague. Few examples can help:

A friend of our complains the husband doesn't agree with certain teaching that permit you to work against your enemies, certain teaching about the presence of evil spirits hovering about in the form of nocturnal animals, humans etc; family and land deliverance stuff...etc. The husband, who is a minister, frowns about such - and these shouldn't be practised anywhere around him

and secondly, our Christian brother and his Catholic wife. Blame it on love or blind love;)

hope the vagueness has gone over the bar? :lol

Sorry for making it seem vague. Few examples can help:

A friend of our complains the husband doesn't agree with certain teaching that permit you to work against your enemies, certain teaching about the presence of evil spirits hovering about in the form of nocturnal animals, humans etc; family and land deliverance stuff...etc. The husband, who is a minister, frowns about such - and these shouldn't be practised anywhere around him

and secondly, our Christian brother and his Catholic wife. Blame it on love or blind love;)

hope the vagueness has gone over the bar? :lol
Evil spirits hovering over your two cats?
I'd have to research that one.

you suffer the consequences of being unequally yoked
suffering the consequences of being unequally yoked is a totally different scenario: altho at times the younger generations dont care much about this issue; they want that female/male that pleases thier hearts. Everyone has been here...until God intervened.

granny, the scenario is: the two are true Christians, but they have varying doctrinal beliefs

God hates divorce. .. Rollo, i knew better when i married 51 years age... teenage love/lust... Doing my best to honor the vow i made before God... Trying to see the good..
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No marriage is always smooth .. A christian marriage will have bumps... i will always encourage folks to not be unequally yoked ... not everyone is as bullheaded,stubborn as me ... :tongue

suffering the consequences of being unequally yoked is a totally different scenario: altho at times the younger generations dont care much about this issue; they want that female/male that pleases thier hearts. Everyone has been here...until God intervened.

granny, the scenario is: the two are true Christians, but they have varying doctrinal beliefs
simple for me... The husband is the head over the wife... younger generations dont stay the younger generation.

Evil spirits hovering over your two cats?
I'd have to research that one.
not just that... A lot others too. I clearly dont have time for all those demonic talk, tho I know demons exist and a lot happens in the spiritual realm. However, I pay less attention to them, knowing we have nothing in common. They can't defeat me, on and off the pitch.

God hates divorce. .. Rollo, i knew better when i married 51 years age... teenage love/lust... Doing my best to honor the vow i made before God... Trying to see the good..
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No marriage is always smooth .. A christian marriage will have bumps... i will always encourage folks to not be unequally yoked ... not everyone is as bullheaded,stubborn as me ... :tongue
+ve

What happens when a husband and wife have varying/different Christian beliefs or doctrines?

This goes all the way back to the beginning - why would two professing Christians with very opposite beliefs be getting married in the first place? Any child would be able to recognize that that would only stand to cause serious problems in the relationship.

This goes all the way back to the beginning - why would two professing Christians with very opposite beliefs be getting married in the first place? Any child would be able to recognize that that would only stand to cause serious problems in the relationship.
Thanks

However, does courtship answer the question completely? Perhaps it's a lead-and-lag situation...for peace to reign

Thanks

However, does courtship answer the question completely? Perhaps it's a lead-and-lag situation...for peace to reign
Or, perhaps it's a matter of love for each other and love for God. I worship a mighty God, a powerful God, a sovereign God. Even if the wife and I have different worship styles, God works equally on the two of us to draw us to His righteousness. He doesn't need me to change her, nor her to change me, God is the potter and we are the clay. Neither my wife nor I is a potter to the clay of the other.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back