Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

starting a new med in the morning

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If only I didn't have them .
I do not want everyone on the Job chapter 4 loop. To most people what is going on in Job is almost totally sealed from their understanding. I probably see a teaspoon full out of a quart jar (or less). So my post #20 will let your answer be private.

Do you see the Eliphaz statement in your dreams? I am trying to understand.

eddif

I do not want everyone on the Job chapter 4 loop. To most people what is going on in Job is almost totally sealed from their understanding. I probably see a teaspoon full out of a quart jar (or less). So my post #20 will let your answer be private.

Do you see the Eliphaz statement in your dreams? I am trying to understand.

eddif
PTSD I get them daily ,depends on the sleep I get whether it bothers me .

There's something wrong when their medicine is to treat a symptom of a problem you have...but you get three new problems with the new pill. Does that even make sense?

In these last days everything is being ramped up because the enemy knows that his time is short.

So it's more important than ever that we are very cautious about what we agree to put into our bodies. I've rejected a few different meds that they tried to push on me.

There's something wrong when their medicine is to treat a symptom of a problem you have...but you get three new problems with the new pill. Does that even make sense?

In these last days everything is being ramped up because the enemy knows that his time is short.

So it's more important than ever that we are very cautious about what we agree to put into our bodies. I've rejected a few different meds that they tried to push on me.
Side effects aren't new.

I have asthma,to smoke pot would negate any benefit for me ,the psychotherapist I talk to says thc High masks the emotions you feel.the cbd doesn't do that .you want to quell the mind rush .bury emotions ,they resurface .in odd ways.

Nor does THC help with depression.

The person saying this advises limiting meds of possible but I agree with evenifigoalone on natural cures.

Been burned by greedy chiropractors.yes you can be over adjusted to where your body won't respond .
I go in with pain ,get adjusted and leave the exact same . If it doesn't go away after three adjustments I won't .I had one to told me that and admitted to over adjusting people .three times a week for back pain is too much .

Side effects aren't new.

I have asthma,to smoke pot would negate any benefit for me ,the psychotherapist I talk to says thc High masks the emotions you feel.the cbd doesn't do that .you want to quell the mind rush .bury emotions ,they resurface .in odd ways.

Nor does THC help with depression.

The person saying this advises limiting meds of possible but I agree with evenifigoalone on natural cures.

Been burned by greedy chiropractors.yes you can be over adjusted to where your body won't respond .
I go in with pain ,get adjusted and leave the exact same . If it doesn't go away after three adjustments I won't .I had one to told me that and admitted to over adjusting people .three times a week for back pain is too much .

Have you ever read the original hippocrattic oath? It basically says that I will do everything in my power to not give any pills to my patient, nor poisons and to treat my patient as a Brother....that blew my mind when I read it. Then they re-wrote it in 1963 I tink and now it says (basically), Boy you need a pill!

I don't deny that there are good medicines and some good pills. I take seizure medication every day. But it's an old medicine and it's been around almost forever I think. And it does work and with no discernable side effects that I can tell. So medicine is a good thing in my case.

But on the other hand, if you look up medicine in the Concordance to the Bible, it says, Medicine = Sorcery & Withchcraft. So the clear indication is that ...not all medicines are good! I think it's prudent for us to not take med changes or new meds lightly. That doctor has almost no clue about your case when compared to your own personal knowledge and experience with your condition that you live with 24/7. The Medical industry only can work through the feedback of the patient. Where's it hurt? What's your problem? Well Doc, I have asthma and trouble breathing or whatever...and he is to respond to THAT.

It used to work like that. Now it does not. The Medical industry has been very much polititicized and is all about Government control and their guidelines. They tell the doctors what to push on you now. That is not right! And from what we know about the government we know that they love to weaponize everything. So I almost never take a new prescription from them just because they hand it to me now a days. I go home and read all about that drug they pushing on me. And decide it's not worth the chance. I filled the high IU Vitamin D capsules they gave me. Nice boost for the immune system. But it's weird, every so often, they try to push GabaPentin on me for unknown reasons? That stuff is an anti-depressant, I don't need any anti-depressants! I never fill those.

I am almost done with Doctors, because it's all political now, who needs it? I don't need their pills. I have my gos-pill (gospel)...lol

Have you ever read the original hippocrattic oath? It basically says that I will do everything in my power to not give any pills to my patient, nor poisons and to treat my patient as a Brother....that blew my mind when I read it. Then they re-wrote it in 1963 I tink and now it says (basically), Boy you need a pill!

I don't deny that there are good medicines and some good pills. I take seizure medication every day. But it's an old medicine and it's been around almost forever I think. And it does work and with no discernable side effects that I can tell. So medicine is a good thing in my case.

But on the other hand, if you look up medicine in the Concordance to the Bible, it says, Medicine = Sorcery & Withchcraft. So the clear indication is that ...not all medicines are good! I think it's prudent for us to not take med changes or new meds lightly. That doctor has almost no clue about your case when compared to your own personal knowledge and experience with your condition that you live with 24/7. The Medical industry only can work through the feedback of the patient. Where's it hurt? What's your problem? Well Doc, I have asthma and trouble breathing or whatever...and he is to respond to THAT.

It used to work like that. Now it does not. The Medical industry has been very much polititicized and is all about Government control and their guidelines. They tell the doctors what to push on you now. That is not right! And from what we know about the government we know that they love to weaponize everything. So I almost never take a new prescription from them just because they hand it to me now a days. I go home and read all about that drug they pushing on me. And decide it's not worth the chance. I filled the high IU Vitamin D capsules they gave me. Nice boost for the immune system. But it's weird, every so often, they try to push GabaPentin on me for unknown reasons? That stuff is an anti-depressant, I don't need any anti-depressants! I never fill those.

I am almost done with Doctors, because it's all political now, who needs it? I don't need their pills. I have my gos-pill (gospel)...lol
A good doctor isn't gonna ignore the patients view.

But your logic is akin to .I have a water leak.the water bill Is high,the meter spins like made,then the customer denies despite nothing on ,that they have a leak.

You ignore the claims made as cures by accupuncture and chiropractic that aren't actually working.

My asthma attack should cease immediately if I go get my back adjusted .never mind that the thirty minute inhaler treatment .

Chiropractic treatment has side effects I know people who had severe reactions to it and passed out and the rare reaction to it when they rupture the blood vessels In the neck that cause death .

I visit too many old graves and i have infant members buried in my wife's family I have seen and my grandfather said he was one of 9 ,only 6 made it .
Mother's often died in pregnancy.

God cures,but tommorow isn't promised.

I'm not big on meds myself but I would be dead if I waited for Monday or had an asthma attack on the Saturdays and half days most chiropractic offices have.

You really don't get medicine but listen to the bias you have . I have changed my wife's insurance and didn't want to change her doctors .I'm aware of bad medicine

If I went off my diabetes medication my sugar would shoot way way up. I've had sugar readings over 450 when I haven't been taking my meds. (I thought I was supposed to discontinue my meds when I started insulin, turns out I remembered wrong.) Sugar that high will lead to serious consequences over time. I want to eventually reduce my meds if not go off them completely, but if I need the meds as an aid in the time being I'll take them.

I don't want to take meds for anything and everything, but there is stuff that I need them for. Diabetes will kill me if I don't take care of it. And medication is incredibly effective in treating ADHD. It's actually the most successfully treated mental disorder.

You really don't get medicine but listen to the bias you have . I have changed my wife's insurance and didn't want to change her doctors .I'm aware of bad medicine

I don't know if it's just the times changing or...they just have crap doctors in Ohio? But I had good doctors in Colorado. MAybe there's good doctors and bad doctors, and good medicine and bad medicine.

But it is up to us as the patient to make those determinations. We live with the condition so know about it more than anyone else. SOunds like everyone here knows how to manage their condition very well. Which meds help them, which procedures.

But when you go to the doctor for one prescription, and they give you two different prescriptions without one word about the 2nd prescription to me the patient...I gotta wonder, what's that all about? I've never filled one of their gabapentin prescriptions. What are they doing, giving me this prescription without a word? They sit back and wait to see if I'll be a good little patirnt and eat them, pay for them?! They keep trying to get me go get this done or go get that done, and I said no thank you, I'm fine. I'll let you know if there's a problem... So they made me a referral AND an appointment and sent it to me in the mail! I treated it like an advertisement, cuz that's just what it was. So file 13. But them trying to push things on me is their federal guidelines I think. Which makes it extra spooky and so I have to be extra cautious.

I never said seeing a doctor is a law.

I don't believe in atheism ,but mandate church attendance and belief in the Bible per law ,nope .

I simply have not health issues save asthma that natural cures don't treat at all.

PTSD includes depression.you can show the brain neurology on an MRI and see the changes compared to a normal brain .

So I understand depression and it's battle now . I know vets who wake up for no reason and battle depression a few can't even ,a former cop,can't go past his town and not see the dead he couldn't save ,these torment him .he is saved but can't sing a song talking about his demons fighting him and the darkness .he sang the lyrics once in the PTSD meeting and it was beautiful because he was honest .

Many that smile in church are in fact battling suicide or something and learn to hide it.

I hate superficial questions,if you didn't want to know my life don't ask how I'm doing

I wish you well.

I'm doing better...I'd say (reasonably) well, actually...on the DIY Orthomolecular + 2 daily psych drugs (no controlled substances, no labs required...). I did have to drop my Allegra (now available over the counter!) after the eye doctor said it was seriously, seriously drying my eyes out and to stop daily consumption if I could. ugh. always something...

so, I added in this additional antioxidant...astaxanthin. sometimes, I try to go for brand name/trademarked supplements, just because I hope (fingers crossed!) there's some quality control and I'll actually get what's on the label. Found a surprisingly good price on trademarked stuff made in Israel, which...fun fact: is apparently home a lot of supplement companies. who knew?

but yeah...(relatively) high dose of the astaxanthin+ fairly standard DIY orthomolecular + reduced (still in normal range) dosage of an "atypical" tranquilizer, and...

better. trying to get my parents to try astaxanthin. at sufficient doses, some research suggests helpful effects on inflammation, overall oxidative stress, and...life, basically. -always a good thing-

but yeah...going all or nothing is not the best option for many people. I think...that was my point, or...a point, at any rate. :)

Yeah. I'm on three psych meds currently, the ADHD one being the newest. Maybe one day I'll get off them. Idk.
I've technically been medicated for ADHD since 2018 I think, since one of my other meds can be used off label to treat it. I don't remember too much what my ADHD was like before I started that med. But I notice that if I forget to take it for 4 - 7 days or so that I become a lot spacier, simple tasks become very difficult, I forget things way easier, etc.
They decided to prescribe me Strattera because I talked about not being able to concentrate on tv shows, movies, reading, etc. I think I'm on day 4 now? I notice my mind is quieter than usual. I still have some music playing on loop, but not nearly as much and not as noticeable.

So. I think the new meds are helping. It seems like it's a bit easier to start tasks, and focus and concentrate. Maybe not a gigantic, totally world changing difference, but enough, ya know? Enough get up n go to be able to get up n go do the thing I need to do. Enough that I can watch videos without wanting to fast forward through them. Enough that I feel more normal and more confident, less apprehensive about my future. I've often worried that I'll one day wind up homeless due to my ADHD and having such a hard time with basic stuff.

So. I think the new meds are helping. It seems like it's a bit easier to start tasks, and focus and concentrate. Maybe not a gigantic, totally world changing difference, but enough, ya know? Enough get up n go to be able to get up n go do the thing I need to do. Enough that I can watch videos without wanting to fast forward through them. Enough that I feel more normal and more confident, less apprehensive about my future. I've often worried that I'll one day wind up homeless due to my ADHD and having such a hard time with basic stuff.
You would be surprised with PTSD how many vets can relate .

My rating indicated I hard time socializing and work would be more difficult.

I was upped on my meds for my thyroid

You would be surprised with PTSD how many vets can relate .

My rating indicated I hard time socializing and work would be more difficult.

I was upped on my meds for my thyroid
True, the symptoms are pretty common. ADHD symptoms can overlap with a lot of other mental disorders. Like, depression and anxiety can cause issues with focus and starting or stopping tasks. One of the questions in some professional depression quizzes will ask about limited ability to concentrate as being a symptom.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back