Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Steve and I

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

handy

My 30 year high school (technically 31 years) reunion was last week. I didn't go, but am in touch with those who did via facebook and one good friend from high school actually wound up living fairly close (2 hours away) from here. Anyway, I've been getting asked to share some photos of the family. Since the kids were adopted from the foster care program we don't really feel comfortable putting their pictures out in cyber-space. And we really don't have any current photos of Steve and I. But, I did share my engagement picture. This was Steve and I 12 years ago. Yeah, we've aged in that decade, and I go back and forth between the blonde and the red, but we still look pretty good, all things considered. Fairly good. Most of the time. :nag

stevedora.jpg

You're a beautiful couple!

It is nice to put a face with a name (and I don't leap at putting our pics out there for everyone either).

And, (I can't let this pass) it's good to see what a guy looks like who likes the movie, "The Sound of Music". :lol I've never met one who did. I wondered if he would have 2 eyes, 1 nose and 1 mouth... and he looks just like the rest of us guys. :lol :lol just kidding, just kidding... kinda :biggrin

Mike said:

And, (I can't let this pass) it's good to see what a guy looks like who likes the movie, "The Sound of Music". :lol I've never met one who did. I wondered if he would have 2 eyes, 1 nose and 1 mouth... and he looks just like the rest of us guys. :lol :lol just kidding, just kidding... kinda :biggrin

:hysterical He didn't wear his pink shirt for the photo!

Just kidding! Just kidding here, too! Steve wouldn't be caught dead in a pink shirt!!!!!!! Now, purple, purple is OK because that's the color on the Phoenix Suns jersey!

I have to admit, he's a lot grayer these days. Hmmmm, I hope that 12 years of marriage to me hasn't been hard on him or anything. Not that he isn't still adorably handsome! :muchlove

handy said:
:hysterical He didn't wear his pink shirt for the photo!

Just kidding! Just kidding here, too! Steve wouldn't be caught dead in a pink shirt!!!!!!! Now, purple, purple is OK because that's the color on the Phoenix Suns jersey!

I have to admit, he's a lot grayer these days. Hmmmm, I hope that 12 years of marriage to me hasn't been hard on him or anything. Not that he isn't still adorably handsome! :muchlove

Okay, okay, Dora. I started to build my case for wearing a pink shirt now and then, and then I realized this conversation occurred in the Men's Only forum. Now, how would a gal know what's going on in the Mens Only forum??? :nono

Anyway, please. A man fully confident in his manhood, looking sharp in a pink shirt can in no way be compared to enduring 2 hours of "Do, a dear, a female dear..." - little boys and girls prancing around in suits and dresses. It's like "High School Musical" set in Austria circa 1940. Wearing a pink shirt in no way forces you to endure such awfulness as "The Sound of Music". I don't know why I'm explaining this to you, because you shouldn't be commenting on a Men's Only topic anyway. :gah

Despite all of the "do a dear" stuff, I'm sure he's a great guy, and he landed a pretty terrific lady. So, while I do find this tidbit irreconcilable :wall , I just have to take it on faith that he's an awesome brother in Christ! :salute

Mike said:
I don't know why I'm explaining this to you, because you shouldn't be commenting on a Men's Only topic anyway. :gah

Are you kidding?? Women can't see anything in the Men's forum... not even me! :biglol

Caroline H said:
Mike said:
I don't know why I'm explaining this to you, because you shouldn't be commenting on a Men's Only topic anyway. :gah

Are you kidding?? Women can't see anything in the Men's forum... not even me! :biglol

Then how would she know about the pink shirts??? :rolling

I find Dora's comments very suspicious. :confused :bigfrown I don't mind admitting here in an open forum. In a certain discussion, I said I don't have a problem with a guy wearing a sharp pink polo or button up shirt. Now, why does little miss sunshine state that at least Steve doesn't wear a pink shirt... to me... :confused

Dora, what-up girlfriend?

Oh my! :biggrin Seems as if we stumbled across something here, Caroline. Now, we all know that there is no way, no how we girls can see what's up in the men's forum...but boy we sure know NOW that they are discussing the manliness of pink shirts!

Any other tid-bits you'd like to share there, Mike!!

btw, unless this is still the '80's and one is Don Johnson, if one is a man, one should definitely avoid pink shirts!

We also know that some of them are paranoid about us being able to see what they say :biggrin

... Anyway, what's wrong with this? :shrug

indexcq.jpg

:lol

Okay...

Mike said:
A man fully confident in his manhood, looking sharp in a pink shirt...

indexcq.jpg

This man is neither confident or sharp. Come on, now. A crisp pink button up shirt or a sharp Polo shirt and slacks? Yeah, that can have a good look. :thumb

But this doesn't always have to be about me. Can we please get back to the original topic of this thread? I believe the intent of Dora's OP was about Steve being a big fan of "Sound of Music". She said "Here's a picture of me with my husband who's a big fan of "Sound of Music".

(And I might have watched "Sleepless in Seattle" more than any man should ever watch it. Come-on. When Tom Hanks is on the phone talking about his late wife, and poor Meg is crying in her car?)

:shame Mike, Mike, Mike....catching at straws now are we?

Steve wouldn't watch "Sleepless In Seattle". Too girly! :tongue

hmmm...pink shirts....Sleepless In Seattle....

Looks like the Man Club better convene an emergency session.

handy said:
:shame Mike, Mike, Mike....catching at straws now are we?

Steve wouldn't watch "Sleepless In Seattle". Too girly! :tongue

hmmm...pink shirts....Sleepless In Seattle....

Looks like the Man Club better convene an emergency session.
:toofunny :toofunny :toofunny

I'll let you in on a secret... leave Sleepless lying around, and mark the opening somehow. Leave him alone for a while, and check the DVD when you get home. The seal will be broken...and used tissues stuffed under the cushions.
:crying

:lol

Well, I let Steve read through the thread here, and his advice to you Mike, is that if you want to watch Tom Hanks movies, "Saving Private Ryan" or "The Green Mile" are much more manly choices. He also wanted to remind every one that, in spite of does and deer running around and prancing school kids, "The Sound of Music" was also about Nazi resistance!!!

So THERE!!!!! :tongue

However, I do remember the time Steve did get all choked up and had to grab the box of Kleenex's...when Robert Parish of the Boston Celtics retired and they hung his jersey in Boston Garden to the tune of "Hail To the Chief". Yep, he was blubbering like a baby when that happened! Especially when Parish spoke, Parish who rarely ever spoke, oh man, Steve was :bigcry !

Back