Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Stupid petty prayer request

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Claudya

My appartment is really messed up at the moment. I mean REALLY messed up. Normally I keep my place mostly tidy, although it was a long way to get there. Now it got royally messed up because of the sins of the past:
I had a lot of stuff stored on a friend's attic from the time when I was too addicted and ill to take care of myself and got homeless because of it. Things got better since and last week I managed to get all the old stuff from that friend's attic. That's actually a sign of how much better I am doing now.
But in the three years since that breakdown I did of course get a new household. Now I have much more stuff in here than my appartment can hold. It's so messed up now, I'm really uncomfortable and it'll take weeks to clean up and sort out what stuff to keep or to give away or throw away.

Please don't laugh at me but I feel overwhelmed with that mess and I have no idea how to manage my everyday life with that situation around me.

Please pray that I can get it all sorted out and have my neat appartment back before I go insane.

I'll sure pray for you sister, and from experience know the feeling. Having lived in one home for twenty years plus I had an attic I stored anything I thought to be of value; especially parts I thought might be used to repair something in the future only to come to find out that I couldn't find them when needed and I would have to buy another.

We sold the home to buy a condo in a high rise without the needed space to take it all with us and I ended up just giving it away, selling some in a garage sale, or throwing it. You know, I never missed it. You might just as well start right off trashing everything God has taken out of your life, and the cleanup will go much easier. :)

Thanks for the prayer and the encouraging words.
There are lots of things that I missed and am happy to have with me again, but on the other hand so many things that are items of a past that I'm not too fond of.

Just wish I could walk an inch without stepping on something or falling over something.... *sigh*

My appartment is really messed up at the moment. I mean REALLY messed up. Normally I keep my place mostly tidy, although it was a long way to get there. Now it got royally messed up because of the sins of the past:
I had a lot of stuff stored on a friend's attic from the time when I was too addicted and ill to take care of myself and got homeless because of it. Things got better since and last week I managed to get all the old stuff from that friend's attic. That's actually a sign of how much better I am doing now.
But in the three years since that breakdown I did of course get a new household. Now I have much more stuff in here than my appartment can hold. It's so messed up now, I'm really uncomfortable and it'll take weeks to clean up and sort out what stuff to keep or to give away or throw away.

Please don't laugh at me but I feel overwhelmed with that mess and I have no idea how to manage my everyday life with that situation around me.

Please pray that I can get it all sorted out and have my neat appartment back before I go insane.

We're not going to laugh at you, Claudya. We'll pray for you, and pray a friend can come into you apartment and commit a neat for you. If we were closer, one of us would.

We're not going to laugh at you, Claudya. We'll pray for you, and pray a friend can come into you apartment and commit a neat for you. If we were closer, one of us would.
Hehe that would be great... though I probably wouldn't let anyone in the way it looks right now. :lol
Thanks you for your prayers!!

For today I'll try to clean up the bathroom and wash the dishes and then call it a night and not worry about it until tomorrow. There are greater evils in the world than a messy home.

You're in my prayers, Claudya . Let's face it, when contending with wall-to-wall boxes & stuff, it's going to take a lot of prayers to get through all of it.

Set a goal for each day of unpacking and sorting 2 boxes or 2 stacks (whichever is smaller). As you get into it, you'll find you'll be able to do those 2 boxes, and maybe even more. However, as you're sorting, you may find that it's a struggle to even reach the goal on a particular day. Just don't let it get to you. You'll soon have your neat & tidy home anew, with special items positioned where you want them. :wave2

Clutter drives me nuts and makes me glum and makes my mind foggy.

Praying for you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back