Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

suicide

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No offense but I see no edification in these types of threads. If someone is on the verge of suicide, they could very well find something here that gives them that final nudge. That's not good.

Just saying...

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Dear Brother Jeff Freeman, I wrote the following thread that may help you understand suicide of God's own children. I for one believe that once we become believers it is God doing the keeping.
2 Tim 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. (In Christ we are His body)
http://www.christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/suicide.54372/
I agree with you to the point that God does the keeping,I really do not have the answer,but it seems to me when you take your own life you make yourself God and you take back the life you had given to him and you destroy the temple that you had promised to him,

I agree with you to the point that God does the keeping,I really do not have the answer,but it seems to me when you take your own life you make yourself God and you take back the life you had given to him and you destroy the temple that you had promised to him,
I don't think you do brother, but I am not 100% positive. Whoever you're speaking of needs to hang in there and pray. Things usually are not as bad as they seem.
I'm not speaking of anyone in particular,my real concern is that if you ever convince someone that if they do commit suicide they're OK and then going to heaven if you're wrong they go to hell

I'm not speaking of anyone in particular,my real concern is that if you ever convince someone that if they do commit suicide they're OK and then going to heaven if you're wrong they go to hell

I see. I have pondered this question before and from what I can tell, people who commit suicide will not go to heaven. Sort of based along the lines of what your last post said. But like I said, I am not 100% on this. But I tend to lean the way of not. God does promise to not put on us more than we can bear, and I have been shown this to be true. Most times when things seem that bad that one could seriously consider suicide, it seems that alcohol or drugs are a contributing factor. Things can be bad, very very bad...and yet, can turn around in an instant, or at least a very short period of time.

One thing is...when things seem the worst...that is the valley of the shadow of death. Jesus meets a lot of people in the valley. More in the valley than on the mountain of prosperity. And that's actually a good place to meet Him. It gives Him an oppurtunity to show His great power and grace, which brings Him glory.

Amen. I use this logic as the basis for erring on the side of 'loss of salvation' if one is unsure about if 'one is saved no matter what' (OISNMW--maybe the acronym will catch on :shrug).

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back