Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sup, I'm a Newbie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Howdy, I'm Brutus. I'm a Christian Catalyst(evangelist) from New Jersey.I look forward to meeting those of you who use these forums. Here's some things about me.( Yes homeskillet, it's your survey :-D )

Username:Brutus/HisCatalyst
Height: I'm short :sad: 68 inches
Eyes: a soft blue
Hair:red, black, blond, brown
Grade/Occupation:Full-Time Christian, College Freshman.
Children:I need to find God's woman for me first
State:The Garden state
Favorite Food:Anything not from the lunchroom
Favorite Subject:Jesus and God's book
possesions:Hint: I'm in college
Sport:What ball are we using
Movie:James bond series
Farthest from Home:Brewton-Parker College, Georgia
Color:biggrinark reds or blues
Verse:1 Timothy 4:12
Hobbies:anything legal to keep me busy on the weekends

Welcome to the forums Brutus! :-D

YAY, it's Tim....oops...I mean...BRUTUS :-D

Welcome! :angel:

Welcome to the forms, :oops: you joined before me...oh well, welcome anyway. :-D

Oh and some smileys for you:

icon_welcome.gif
wazzup.gif
icon_bow.gif
099.gif

Oh one more thing...

Your total of posts... :o

You sure do like to do this:

user.gif

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Thanks Noct.

Do you think I'll make 500 posts by Turkeyday? 8-)

Turkey day is WAY over, you missed it by two weeks Brutus :-D

That's your turkey day. Our turkey day is still a month away. Just in case I'm confusing anyone, I talking about Thanks Giving.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
That's your turkey day. Our turkey day is still a month away. Just in case I'm confusing anyone, I talking about Thanks Giving.

Yeah, I know, I was just giving you a hard time :tongue
Your guy's thanksgiving is way to close to Christmas, ours is better :-D

Ok, reality check:

In America Turkey Day is Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving is on the last Thursday of November.

On October 3, 1963 Abraham Lincoln issue a proclamation setting aside the last Thursday in November as a national Thanksgiving Day (Panati, Charles pg 67).

President Franklin D. Roosevelt caused a controversy when he moved Thanksgiving to the third Thursday in November; he did this because store merchants requested the change for more shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Due to several protests and many celebrating Thanksgiving on the last Thursday in November, Roosevelt publicly admitted he made a mistake and moved the holiday back to the last Thursday in November (Panati, Charles pg 67).

Panati, Charles. 1987. Panati’s Extraordinary Origins of Everyday Things. New York, NY: Harper & Row, Publishers, Inc.

So based on the facts provided above the below statement is false:

Jordanthedutchy said:
Turkey day is WAY over, you missed it by two weeks Brutus :-D

Do not mean to be rude by pointing that out but Brutus/HisCatalyst and I live in America so when we refer to Turkey day we are referring to the Thanksgiving in America, which is celebrated on the last Thursday in November. It is October 23, 2004 when I am posting this so Brutus/HisCatalyst still has time.

If your looking to know how old I am look at my original description. I'm only posting this because everyone keeps asking me my age. Why does everyone want to know?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back