Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Surgery was a success! Here's to a new life!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

I had a pretty major surgery on September 12th. I've been suffering for several years and my dr at the time just kept wanting to pump me full of meds and injections. I went for a 2nd opinion and the dr suggested surgery (what I had been fighting for for YEARS).

I had a total hysterectomy, excision of endometriosis and some other "repairs". Recovery was ROUGH the first few weeks, but last week I turned a corner and started to feel really good. I went for my 6 week post op visit yesterday and for the first time in over 8 years, the exam was PAINLESS! Exams have always been extremely painful and left me in pain for a day or 2 afterwards. I felt absolutely NO PAIN and I even have stitches and healing to do! My eyes filled up with tears because I now know that the surgery was a success and that I'm going to get my life back. The problems I had were taking a toll on my marriage and my own self.

Praise God for leading me to this dr!

Praise God for second opinions and competent doctors. And, praise God for you speedy recovery.

Woo Hoo! .... Happy Dance! Excellent news, Nikki!

Our Lord's blessings are so amazing!

And now you can your regularly scheduled future free of the pain that coloured your outlook in the past.................. Amen!

What a wonderful testimony filled with healing and God's love toward us. I praise Him for your deliverance in Jesus' name.

I also want to shout out a huge thank you to everyone that was praying for me. A coworker today said her friend has prayed for me every single day since my surgery. I don't even know her friend. I hope the Lord greatly blesses each and every one of the people that had me in their thoughts and prayers. I can't thank you/them enough.

I had a pretty major surgery on September 12th. I've been suffering for several years and my dr at the time just kept wanting to pump me full of meds and injections. I went for a 2nd opinion and the dr suggested surgery (what I had been fighting for for YEARS).

I had a total hysterectomy, excision of endometriosis and some other "repairs". Recovery was ROUGH the first few weeks, but last week I turned a corner and started to feel really good. I went for my 6 week post op visit yesterday and for the first time in over 8 years, the exam was PAINLESS! Exams have always been extremely painful and left me in pain for a day or 2 afterwards. I felt absolutely NO PAIN and I even have stitches and healing to do! My eyes filled up with tears because I now know that the surgery was a success and that I'm going to get my life back. The problems I had were taking a toll on my marriage and my own self.

Praise God for leading me to this dr!
to include the ovaries? wow.

then its a partial hysterectomy. my mother just had hers removed. risk of cancer

Um, no. I had a Total Hysterectomy via DaVinci.

A Total Hysterectomy includes the removal of the Uterus and Cervix.
A Partial Hysterectomy includes the removal of the Uterus only (the cervix is left).

Removal of the ovaries is called an oophorectomy. Removal of fallopian tubes and ovaries is called a salpingo-oophorectomy.

Your mom had a Total Hysterectomy with an Oophorectomy.

Source: http://www.davincisurgery.com/gynec.../minimally-invasive-surgery/hysterectomy.html

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back