Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Surprised about my state of health

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ardchoille

Today I went in for a physical and blood work. I am 49 years old and expected that my health would show typical signs of issues for people my age. Here is what the doctor found:

Weight: 158 (I weighed over 250 lbs 16 years ago)
Blood pressure: 106 over 76
Pulse: 78
Current medications: None, I haven't ever been on long-term meds
Allergies: No known allergies
Health issues: None

No health issues?! For a 50 year old male? I expected to have at least a minor issue of some sort.

Anyone here trained in medicine and can tell me why my pulse is so high? Is 70 not the norm?

I walked out of the doctor's office with a huge smile on my face.

Today I went in for a physical and blood work. I am 49 years old and expected that my health would show typical signs of issues for people my age. Here is what the doctor found:

Weight: 158 (I weighed over 250 lbs 16 years ago)
Blood pressure: 106 over 76
Pulse: 78
Current medications: None, I haven't ever been on long-term meds
Allergies: No known allergies
Health issues: None

No health issues?! For a 50 year old male? I expected to have at least a minor issue of some sort.

Anyone here trained in medicine and can tell me why my pulse is so high? Is 70 not the norm?

I walked out of the doctor's office with a huge smile on my face.

your pulse is normal.
they say 80 is normal but they like it a little lower.
your pulse is as healthy as the rest of you.

Good for you :)

Health and old age are rarely seen together these days, so you're doing something right that most people are missing. Take care of your body, it's the Lord's temple.

It looks like losing the weight really helped you.

Thank you for posting this, my last checkup was a mess and the doc wants to put me on cholesterol meds at my next checkup in December of this year.
I've lost 40 pounds and drastically increased my physical activity since my last checkup and I am praying desperately that I will not have to go on the meds when I see the doc in December.

Edit to add: I'm also 49 years old.

Back