Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Survival and post-apocalyptic theme

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

AIR

Survival and post-apocalyptic movies have always fascinated me a lot. I have been working among a few survival/post-apocalyptic films but I have never really finished them, but I'm looking forward to produce them as a short film.

I'm not really much into zombie stuff but i.e. the walking dead fascinates me because of the scenes when there are empty.

What do you think of survival and post-apocalyptic movies?

I am not planning to be here during those horrible tribulation times.I am pre-trib so I think I will have been called home.I do not watch movies so I would not know.

I am not planning to be here during those horrible tribulation times.I am pre-trib so I think I will have been called home.I do not watch movies so I would not know.
I liked army service a lot because we were training surviving in the forest during the war but I think that those skills I learned could be used in the tribulation times. :chin

The fascinating thing about such movies is....
well, now we live in a society where everything is comfortable and provided for us. Supermarkets are full of food, welfare makes sure even the poorest don't need to starve, our cities are safe, most people live by the law and even nature seems predictable. Yes we are safe, but our civilisation also kills any sense of adventure and freedom. That's why those post apocalyptic movies are so fascinating. In those stories we can fantasise about the freedom we would have if civilisation breaks down and most people are dead. With no law or law enforcement in place what would we do?
And then, with no civilisation protecting us and providing us with everything we need we would for the first time ever fully depend on our own knowledge, skills, instincts, minds, and so on in oreder to survive. The ultimate test for who we are and the ultimate chance to prove ourselves.

So I guess the post apocalyptic movies genre expresses some boredom and dyssatisfaction with our life style.

Reactions: AIR
I liked army service a lot because we were training surviving in the forest during the war but I think that those skills I learned could be used in the tribulation times. :chin
Maybe if you are planning on being around.A handful of Christians will survive.Does that seem like a challenge to you?

Maybe if you are planning on being around.A handful of Christians will survive.Does that seem like a challenge to you?
It is going to be challenging for all of us Christians but we have to keep our thoughts in Jesus Christ. He survived so will we because He is with us :halo.

The walking dead, oooorrrr were they alive?
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. ooooohh!

The fascinating thing about such movies is....
well, now we live in a society where everything is comfortable and provided for us. Supermarkets are full of food, welfare makes sure even the poorest don't need to starve, our cities are safe, most people live by the law and even nature seems predictable. Yes we are safe, but our civilisation also kills any sense of adventure and freedom. That's why those post apocalyptic movies are so fascinating. In those stories we can fantasise about the freedom we would have if civilisation breaks down and most people are dead. With no law or law enforcement in place what would we do?
And then, with no civilisation protecting us and providing us with everything we need we would for the first time ever fully depend on our own knowledge, skills, instincts, minds, and so on in oreder to survive. The ultimate test for who we are and the ultimate chance to prove ourselves.

So I guess the post apocalyptic movies genre expresses some boredom and dyssatisfaction with our life style.
Have you ever watched a documentary called 'Doomsday Preppers' basically they are preparing for the end of civilization. It's interesting!

Survival and post-apocalyptic movies have always fascinated me a lot. I have been working among a few survival/post-apocalyptic films but I have never really finished them, but I'm looking forward to produce them as a short film.

I'm not really much into zombie stuff but i.e. the walking dead fascinates me because of the scenes when there are empty.

What do you think of survival and post-apocalyptic movies?

I've watched Walking Dead ( I'm not sure if season 4 has resumed yet ) and it has great ethical scenarios to think about. Is the life of an individual more important than the survival of the group; should you trust an individual when they could destroy your safety; what will you do to survive and protect those you love ? etc etc. Rick provides the secular "good" while Hershel provides the Christian view. It's not bad aside from the regular blood and guts people eating zombie scenes.

It's interesting that there're so many of this type of movie in recent years and I think Hollywood has a way of presenting real issues as fiction ( eg Armageddon, Tribulation, Spiritual warfare ) to detract from the Bible message. Ops this may be a conspiracy theory. :biggrin

Matthew 24 tribulation saints are different from those of the raptured church.

As I said earlier, I'm interested in Writing/Directing/Producing so I think I'm going to capture my imagination in to a film :cool2

Have you ever watched a documentary called 'Doomsday Preppers' basically they are preparing for the end of civilization. It's interesting!

Well let's hope for them that the end of the world will come during their lifetime lest their preparations were all in vain. :lol

As I said earlier, I'm interested in Writing/Directing/Producing so I think I'm going to capture my imagination in to a film :cool2
I am sure the world as we know it would really get into something like that.In fact I see stuff on the daily news that is similar.

One of the best and creepiest, yet most underrated end of the world movies was made in New Zealand in the 80s: "The quiet earth". It has no zombies, no big special effects, almost no action or violence, just atmosphere, the interaction between the three only characters, good acting and music. It's really friggin' creepy.

It's on youtube in full length, but since there's some mild nudity in the movie and I'm not sure about copyright infringement with full movies on youtube I won't link it here. But I can't keep you from looking for it yourself, right?

Reactions: AIR
Everyone is going to be accountable to the Anti-Christ.He is going to make everyone have the Mark.People think that they will be able to hide but with technology now that would be near impossible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back