Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Swears and Curses

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The concept that a word in and of itself can be bad is foolish. And the idea that saying this word or that word is sinful reflects a certain degree of ignorance as it pertains to what the scriptures say about our communication. As believers it is far worse to say mean things about another than is it to say an "s word" or an "f word". Our communication is not just about the words we use but mainly about the message we communicate.

We need to understand what the Bible defines as filthy conversation and we need to refrain from it! We need not be in the business of calling something a sin that the Bible does not condemn. I challenge the forum to look up the origin of so called bad words to see just how long they have been considered as such. I did a search a few years back and what I found was that the words that are now considered bad came to be viewed as such because they were the words and type of language the poor plebian classes used while the aristocrats and patrician class used more "dignified" language and it is the elite looking down their noses at the commoners who basically decided that the language the commoners used was foul and unacceptable and ultimately therefore, bad.

Very true!

I live in a place where people are very conscious of "blue language" that, while perhaps impolite to some, is nothing compared to the gossip they engage in, clearly a violation of the 9th Commandment.

:rollingpin

Do you boys need a lesson from this Grandma about naughty words!

1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

2Pe 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Psa 34:13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Time to stand up and be a man a Godly man. It is easier to be of the world then to stand for God.

Never once in my life did i hear daddy say a ugly or curse word. Dad was a preacher but he worked in the woods falling timber he never swore the other guys did.. When the guys tried to pressure him he told he had heard it before so dont bother. He won their respect! He didn't listen to dirty jokes they would have beer on the way home dad had a Pepsi. God needs an army of men willing to be Godly men....Men of strength capable of standing

Dont make grandma mad :shame
I was look ing for my bar of soap. As far as I'm concerned throwing swear words into every sentence is just lazy. Not to mention rude.

If you ask me there is no such thing as a bad word besides the one mentioned in the Ten Commandment's. If you want to get technical if I say the Sh word and Hell then technically speaking the sh word is what humans and animals do. Hell would mean a place of fire and torment, so in this sense Hell is the bad word because in logical meaning the definition is eviler.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back