Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Teach them the beauty of guns

Should Children be allowed to learn to shoot guns under adult supervision?

• yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Oh boy, students not only have to watch for other students gone nuts because they thought it was alright to bully them, now they must put up with teachers carrying firearms shooting up the school. Yeah, these gun laws supported by a bunch of get rich off of all the guns they can promote sure know how to teach gun safety. Let’s make them all into non-profits and watch them crawl back into their holes in a hurry. In another place a nine year old girl shoots her instructor; doesn't this make two incidents in one week. On a percentage basis of recent mishaps, what’s the chance of these cowboys gone wild ending up shooting more than they’re saving? An accident, OR a gun maul disguised as a teacher fearing for her life from a six year old student carrying a paper cutout of a pistol. hmmm? Who’s going to pay the damages for the toilet, and for that matter her leg? Workman’s compensation? Does she get recompensed for the spent bullet? Did she clean up the mess or was another state employee forced to wipe up the blood, and the shattered commode? Will that employee become disabled and shattered for life? Oh the humanity of it all.

Crisis counselors were available. What of those poor students who might grow up afraid of entering another school for life? I can envision billions of dollars awarded in lawsuits, and rightfully so. They should shut down the school and make it into a monument in respect of a teacher not knowing how to perform her job; maybe she was under extreme stress. Why am I writing such an important message? What else is there to do at 4:00 AM? :)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/teacher-accidently-shoots-leg-school-25431716

with what Pistorius is going through...I wonder if he'd love to own a gun again. I wonder what's going on in the minds of some of our ardent posters here on this guy's issue

I don't watch much tv so hadn't even heard this guys name until you posted it. So I did a quick search and read the story so I can tell you what is in my mind of such an incident.

The guy fired through his bathroom door at what he perceived to be an intruder. I totally believe in everyone's right to protect themselves, but this is a huge responsibility that goes with it. Just as I was saying before, if a guy justifiably defends himself against a bad guy on the street and he gets the bad guy and stops the threat, but one round over penetrates or misses and hits an innocent old lady behind the bad guy...he's responsible for that. Walks free for the bad guy, goes to jail for the lady.

I also posted the 4 rules of gun safety in this thread. Did the guy violate any of them? He sure did. Rule #4 "Be sure of your target, and what is beyond"
He wasn't sure of his target. He had not identified a specific threat. You can't shoot blindly through a door because you're scared! That's idiotic and irresponsible.

I can envision a scenario wherein one could perhaps shoot through a door. An intruder or gang or whatever is out there yelling threats, trying to kick in the door, something like that. Then...maybe. But this was a young girl? Not a threat, presumably not screaming threats, right?! So he shouldn't have shot through the door. It may not be pre-meditated murder, but by my reckoning, this guy is culpable, he caused a death, irresponsibly. He should pay for that.

This sort of story is sad and tragic, but the media is always eager to take advantage of these sort of unfortunate incidents, and hold them up as a reason that no one should be armed. So let me give fairness and balance to gun news by reporting some more gun news for you all. This just in...No one died at Edwards house this week. There were no gun accidents, no misfires, no one died, no one was injured.

It is also reported (by an admittedly unverified source) that there were also no gun violence or gun deaths in millions of other gun owners homes this week.

That's the news today folks, have a blessed and fruitful day in the Lord today...

Reactions: WIP
I watch it for the murder and suspense.
:cryingtry soccer

The violence in those crime dramas is scripted. (fake)

Soccer on the other hand...

667125_1.gif

The violence in those crime dramas is scripted. (fake)

Soccer on the other hand...

667125_1.gif

Wow, I never realized soccer could be so exciting, lol. pretty good head butt at about 1:15 lol. Sportsmanship at it's best eh? buncha little kids having tantrums, lol. Riot police with shields, lol!! Can't get beat up by some soccer players, lol. buncha mary's.

Wow, I never realized soccer could be so exciting, lol. pretty good head butt at about 1:15 lol. Sportsmanship at it's best eh? buncha little kids having tantrums, lol. Riot police with shields, lol!! Can't get beat up by some soccer players, lol. buncha mary's.

Can you imagine if that kind of stuff happened at our "football" games?

Back