Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Teens and dieting...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i think it's pretty unheathly to follow a diet sometimes exspecially as a teen cause it can cause like growth problems and things. but i do think it is vital to eat heathly! i think it's important to not only take care of your soul and spirit but also ur body! :angel:

I'm against diets because they can go too far! my trying to eat healthily and the right amounts lead to anorexia, but I think if you are going to diet, then the only one I would reccomend would be the GI diet, plainly because you eat the same amount of food, it just works on the types of food you work, to have a balanced diet with foods that release energy slowly instead of being like a crash diet, and it works, my mum lost a stone in like 1.5 months, and she has really struggled for ages! so it works, but healthily!

I think that the only time people of any age need to go on a diet is if they are unhealthily over weight. Otherwise if you start on the whole "i think i'm fat" path then you'll probably never be happy with your weight, and at the end of the day no matter how ugly, or fat or what ever else we feel about ourselves, we are perfect in the eyes of God.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
because when p[eople crash diet they dont eat enough and then their body starts using muscle as energy and you get really weak, just eat healthily and exercise!!! makes sense a lot of people want an easy solution ie them doing nothing SITTING IN FRONT OF THE TV AND EATING NOTHING DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right. moan over!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

I just try to balance out what I eat (protien, carbs, vegetables and fruits), and eat healthily. I'm not eating to loose a certain amount of pounds but only to be healthy and feel like it too. :)

i don't diet but i eat until i am not hungry. then stop. and i excersize....alot

well i do beleive in healthy eating, but dieting as in starving yourself...no. But people should adapt the habit of healthy eating! It helps build up character cause it teaches you discipline =P

well i have been on a soft diet for 3 weeks now because i had jaw surgery and basically all i can eat are things i can swallow with out chewing.i will probably be on it for another 2 weeks.so far i have lost a little over 5 pounds.By the way i am just doing what the doctor told me to do.

A lot of people are saying that "teenagers dieting will only lead to anorexia". That is actually a stereotype - not ALL teenagers who diet get to that dangerous stage.

Yes, I am on a diet. For what? Well, I guess that I've come into the point of my life where I just want to look good - and feel good about myself. To be honest with you, I'm not exactly thrilled about my appearance right now. Most of my female friends are all so pretty, so maybe I feel a bit leftout.

Obviously I know not to starve myself to death. That actually makes you gain weight - not lose it. I eat balanced, healthy meals and I excercise everday. My girlfriends and I are planning to go and excercise together at the locol pool. Swimming can make you lose a lot of weight.

Since I'm still growing, I won't got "over-board". After I lose about ten pounds, then I'll let my growing do the rest. Most teenage girls will start to rapidly gain weight - faster than when they grow taller in height. So, even if an over-weight girl doesn't diet, but if she grows tall, then she'll slim out naturally. I'm hoping for that result as well.

But then, I guess that people dieting, getting plastic surgery, or any other ways to "improve our image" is kind of like an insult to God. God has told us many times that he has created us in His image, and so, we're all beautiful in His eyes. I guess that we should care more about what God thinks, than what our friends, colleagues, or our "media" thinks right now.

So...maybe I'll ask God to help me not to be so self-conscious. Then maybe I'll stop worrying about what others think of me, and then I can focus on more important things in life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back