Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Texas man catches child rapist in the act, kills him.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So just to be clear my brother whom I respect. If I walked in on a man raping my daughter and I started beating him in a state of rage, I would no longer be a child of God or at the least, be beaten with many stripes?

Just to be clear Free,

God does not rejoice in the destruction of the wicked.
Then why are so many in here rejoicing?

StoveBolts said:
When I look at this father, I see a man who is repulsed and is responding in rage. Such a thing should enrage a father.

The focus is not that a man was killed. The focus is on a man acting in rage from an atrocious and disturbing sexual act being performed on his 4 year old daughter. The cause of death was not premeditated, and so I do not fault the Father for responding with such a way. No parent should have to restrain themselves as they actively see their child being hurt. It is the primary role of a parent to protect their children.
Restraint is only for those Christians who have disciplined themselves. It is the flesh of man that cannot restrain the rage.

StoveBolts said:
Is it sad that the man died. In a way yes, but what is sadder is the horrible act that he committed on this innocent child, and more than likely the children before him. From that perspective, I have zero pity on this man. Do not mistake my lack of pity for the pedophile as one jumping up and down rejoicing that a man was killed.

What is sad Duane, is the amount of pedophiles that are sent to prison and then get released back into society to re offend. No child should have that scar, and when a child is scared because the pedophile has been released only to re offend again and again, then shame on our laws.

I do pity the pedophile, but I do not pity his actions. I despise his actions. They are atrocious. That a father acted as a father would act when confronted with that scene, then I do not pity the pedophile for being beaten to death. Considering the circumstances, his death is justified.
How is his death justified? Are we under Mosaic Law? Are you God and able to pronounce such judgements, never mind being willing to carry out such judgement? God alone is judge and we are not to repay evil for evil or be overcome by evil.

StoveBolts said:
Answer us this Duane, how would you react if you found some man being sexually active with your 4 year old daughter? I'm really curious how you think you would have handled that situation.
I am not going to address hypothetical situations and how I may react. I simply don't know.

StoveBolts said:
Moreso, why do you believe that you could restrain yourself from hitting that guy any more than the father? But what I won't accept Duane, is that you wouldn't get angry.
If you can show me where I made such a claim, I'll address it.

He should have killed him. In Biblical times he would have got stoned to death or he would have had to pay the father.

Seriously??? Do you have kids??

I'm standing firm on my belief that what the man did in reaction was no fault of his own. In essence, I believe the child rapist killed himself with his own actions. If he had not done what he was doing he would still be alive. The father had no intentions of killing this man that day, but the child rapist acted out his intentions. He killed himself. He is at fault for his own death.
I am thankful that there is one less child rapist in this world.
If we carried out justice this swiftly in every instance I believe there would be FAR less pedophiles out there to harm our children.

I'm standing firm on my belief that what the man did in reaction was no fault of his own. In essence, I believe the child rapist killed himself with his own actions. If he had not done what he was doing he would still be alive. The father had no intentions of killing this man that day, but the child rapist acted out his intentions. He killed himself. He is at fault for his own death.
If we carried out justice this swiftly in every instance I believe there would be FAR less pedophiles out there to harm our children.
Again, this speaks volumes.

If we carried out justice this swiftly in every instance _______________ there would be FAR less pedophiles out there to harm our children.
Agreed, but I had to delete two words, to put the "finishing touches" on your post. :thumbsup

He was protecting his daughter.....he didn't intend to kill the man. Any father who loves his daughter would protect her if she was in danger. He didn't mean to kill this man and we are not celebrating that he did kill him or that he is dead. We are celebrating that a father loves his daughter enough to protect her and acted when she was being tortured.

I would never try to kill someone no matter what they did. I don't want to be responsible for taking someones life if I can help it. But there is no way I would let my daughter be hurt or tortured by anyone without acting. If my actions to defend her caused someones death I would be remorseful for their death and I would deal with that through prayer and Christian counseling, but I wouldn't feel remorseful for doing what it takes to protect my family.

Then why are so many in here rejoicing?
the creep can not hurt another child

Restraint is only for those Christians who have disciplined themselves. It is the flesh of man that cannot restrain the rage.
tolerance is not disipline

How is his death justified? Are we under Mosaic Law? Are you God and able to pronounce such judgements, never mind being willing to carry out such judgement? God alone is judge and we are not to repay evil for evil or be overcome by evil.
The father did not judge the man to eternity.

I am not going to address hypothetical situations and how I may react. I simply don't know.
you are more then willing to judge fellow Christians

If you can show me where I made such a claim, I'll address it.

The same can be said of your posts.

Shame on you.
Shame on me for trying to uphold Christian values and the Gospel, for promoting Scripture over flesh. Yes, shame on me.

well lets see as a victim of sexual assault as defined by the army.

kill with extreme prejudice.i hope i never haft to but i know my wife would do it if i didnt take him out in the heat of the moment if i caught that , well i can say it hear but it begins a b and and ends in a d. my wife would torture him first then slowly kill him.i would end his life quickly.

Shame on me for trying to uphold Christian values and the Gospel, for promoting Scripture over flesh. Yes, shame on me.
The protection of children against such abuse is a Christian value, the protection of the abuser is NOT a Christian value.

Twisting of scripture like you are doing is shameful and foolish.

the creep can not hurt another child
And his death is cause for rejoicing how?

reba said:
tolerance is not disipline
I am not sure what you mean.

reba said:
The father did not judge the man to eternity.
That's not the point.

reba said:
you are more then willing to judge fellow Christians
Christians are so quick to judge and yet cannot stand being judged, not that that is uniquely Christian, it just seems so much more prevalent. As Christians we are called to judge certain things such as beliefs and doctrines. We are commanded to exhort and correct.

If a position is unbiblical then it needs to be dealt with.

my sister was a raped twice by a man that im at the age of and she was 12. in my state he would have died on the electric chair if found guilty. she lives with this scar today.

he wasnt the only man to rape her. but that is another story. i was within inches of knowing that it was going on as i knocked on the door while he was behind it raping my sister. he held her mouth and both kept quiet till i left.:bigfrown

i have no hatred against him but i dont like him nor even if he is saved could i bring myself to like him. i just cant fathom being a friend with a sicko that did that to my sister and all the hell for her that followed.

There are those who are celebrating that he is dead.

Yes, but we are not so much celebrating his DEATH, but the fact that that his next abused child will now not be abused.

Your blatant, cold-hearted disregard for children under the name of "Christian values" is sickening and offensive. TRY to wrap your mind around the fact that there IS a child out there somewhere who was eventually to be abused like this, and now, thanks to this father's act, this child will be untouched.

One more thing, Please stop posting your nonsense, ok?

Your blatant, cold-hearted disregard for children under the name of "Christian values" is sickening and offensive. TRY to wrap your mind around the fact that there IS a child out there somewhere who was eventually to be abused like this, and now, thanks to this father's act, this child will be untouched.
You presume too much and have zero basis for claiming that I have "blatant, cold-hearted disregard for children." Do not misrepresent posters' positions. That is a violation of the TOS. Quit assuming and read what I have actually written.

Pizzaguy said:
One more thing, Please stop posting your nonsense, ok?
And what nonsense would that be? My references to Scripture? Would you prefer I actually post chapter and verse?

You presume too much and have zero basis for claiming that I have "blatant, cold-hearted disregard for children." Do not misrepresent posters' positions. That is a violation of the TOS. Quit assuming and read what I have actually written.

Reading your posts tells me that you just don't understand.

Or your arrogance is getting the best of you.

There is no misrepresentation on my part here. I am simply holding a mirror to your face. PLEASE make a post focusing on what I and Reba and others are talking about... the child, the NEXT child that this creep would have targeted, and how that childs' life is now made better. Post about how THAT child's innocence is now going to be preserved.

Can't do it, can you?

Sad.

Back